PDA

View Full Version : Money Order

SSGOldfart
10-26-2011, 11:20 AM
I fully understand why someone selling a item would want a money order so the don't have to deal with a out of state check,
but come on guys I've been thrying to get a name and address for three days now,Did I get the mould I said I'd take or is it sold to somebody else???????????? guess I should just move on and try another one????????????[smilie=s::shock:
anybody else have to send messages over and over to get address???????? or is it just this case?????
as most of you know I'm wheelchair bound and have to get the wife to take off work early just to get me to the postoffice to get the money order:oops:[smilie=b:
I've even sent cash a few times so others arn't waiting on me:bigsmyl2::x yep I've been burned but it wasn't much money:redneck:for the most part I can get payment out pretty quick, after comitting to buy a item. please send your name and address when your selling a item.............................................. ..................
OKay I'll get off the soap box before a mod locks up this thread up[smilie=s:

FISH4BUGS
10-26-2011, 02:52 PM
I always send a check. I tell the seller to hold the item for a week until the check clears. In fact, I usually get a screen shot of the check clearing the bank (neat on line access to my account) and send them the jpeg.
Works for me. If they don't want to take a check (almost everyone has) I think twice about buying the item.
Just my dos centavos.

SSGOldfart
10-26-2011, 04:03 PM
yep I'm probably the only old fart that doesn't use a bank,or CCcards,it's money orders or cash ......................:roll::roll:[smilie=1:[smilie=1:

I don't owe anybody for anything and if I don't have the cash I wait until I do if you ask lots of guys will hold the item till payday for you,then I sent a money order either way I have to have a name and address

Crawdaddy
10-26-2011, 04:23 PM
I am the exact opposite. I wish more people would take PayPal. I am more than happy to pay the fees. I'm a Crusty Curmudgeon of the other type! :)

Springfield
10-26-2011, 04:36 PM
Paypal all the way if I have a choice. I posted something for sale yesterday, I got a buyer, he pp'd me an hour later and I managed to get it to the mailman that afternoon. Done deal, on with the rest of my life. Well worth the 3 percent or so they charge.

woody1
10-26-2011, 05:00 PM
I don't do paypal. Any seller who insists on it doesn't get my business, period. As for accepting a check, I always did until I had a problem. On another board I had a deal with a member who'd been around a long time, buying, selling, and contributing also to some of the palaver. I took his check when it finally came and it bounced. How much does your bank charge you for a returned check? Better find out because waiting until it clears is no deal if it bounces. I think it's actually called a "Returned Item Chargeback Fee" which may be more than your item is worth. For instance, Bank of America, I don't bank there, charges $12.00 if your buyer's check bounces. Just food for thought. Regards, Woody

shotman
10-26-2011, 06:01 PM
AS " THEY " SAY NO I WILL TAKE IT WINS
several dont take checks and they are on my black list
make your list and dont deal with the ones that are ??????

FISH4BUGS
10-26-2011, 07:17 PM
I don't do paypal. Any seller who insists on it doesn't get my business, period. As for accepting a check, I always did until I had a problem. On another board I had a deal with a member who'd been around a long time, buying, selling, and contributing also to some of the palaver. I took his check when it finally came and it bounced. How much does your bank charge you for a returned check? Better find out because waiting until it clears is no deal if it bounces. I think it's actually called a "Returned Item Chargeback Fee" which may be more than your item is worth. For instance, Bank of America, I don't bank there, charges $12.00 if your buyer's check bounces. Just food for thought. Regards, Woody

...then the check doesn't bounce. I have no issue with waiting for the seller to hold the item for a week after he deposits the check before he ships to make sure the check is good....that is the price I pay for sending a check. Happy to do it. There isn't anything that I purchase that I need IMMEDIATELY!
I don't do PayPal for a number of reasons...their business practices are shady to say the least. They are anti-gun.
Wait for the check to clear? I have no issue. Check bounces? Buyer makes good on the check, PLUS the bank fees on BOTH ends....his AND yours!
That'll teach him to bounce a check!

RU shooter
10-26-2011, 07:52 PM
As for checks, some people dont have bank accounts due to personal circumstances or for whatever reason it may be. I know I dont deal with checks when selling items on different forums . I always ask for either well hidden cash if its just a small amount or a USPS money order I am 99.9% sure both of those forms of payment are good and not counterfeit. I can also just cash the MO at the post office when I go to ship the package.As for paypal I dont do it .I like having cash in hand and not electronic money

Crawdaddy
10-26-2011, 08:06 PM
Paypal all the way if I have a choice. I posted something for sale yesterday, I got a buyer, he pp'd me an hour later and I managed to get it to the mailman that afternoon. Done deal, on with the rest of my life. Well worth the 3 percent or so they charge.

Yup! Quick and simple. I don't even look at an item if I know they don't take PayPal.

DLCTEX
10-26-2011, 09:36 PM
I do whatever the seller wants. I like PayPal for speed and simplicity. I prefer a PMO rather than a check as they can cash it immediately and get on with business. I don't agree with their politics, but for convenience there is no alternative. Gpal I think not, and I thought I agreed with their politics at first.

Stick_man
10-26-2011, 11:51 PM
USPS Money Orders are usually a hassle for me to get. Can't always get off work early enough to get to the PO before it closes. I don't like sending personal checks either though because of all your banking information AND YOUR SIGNATURE being right there for somebody to steal out of a mailbox. Cash? OK in small amounts. Paypal? Sure, why not? Ever since they started allowing "gift" giving without fees on either end, that is how I prefer it. Sure, you no longer have them to fight any payment battles for you, but if you know where to find the person you sent the money to, that is usually not an issue. I will send money as a "gift" so I am not giving money to the enemy but allow them to help me out. For large amounts though, I will generally "bite the bullet" and go to the PO to get one of their checks.