PDA

View Full Version : Upgraded the sights on the BFR

saz
10-25-2011, 11:27 PM
I was looking through my safe tonight and I realized I still had a set of One Ragged Hole rear sights left from my SBH. I didn't care for them on the short barrel on it so they have been hiding in the safe ever since. I tried them both and I still didn't like them. I just cannot get on them very fast.

Then I noticed that the factory rear sight on the BFR had a small gutter around the opening. I raided the wife's fingernail polish and this is what I came up with. Orange stripe down the front, and green around the back. We will see how it does out in the sun tomorrow.

subsonic
10-26-2011, 06:25 AM
Whatever works for your eyes is the best. I like black, maybe with a little white on the front for hunting on some guns.

One of these days I'm going to put a night sight on the front of something and try it out.

But for the money, the red dots are hard to beat. I wish someone made a 1x optic that had an etched reticle that also lit up, in case the batteries or electronics fail. I think Leupold has one, but it's spendy and only has room for one ring.