PDA

View Full Version : Pewter Score!!!

crawfobj
10-25-2011, 12:11 AM
I've watched and drooled over pb and tin scores you guys have come up with for a while, and I finally came up with one of my own, from an unlikely source - my dad's garage.

My brother, sister and I flew to surprise my folks for a visit. My dad has been recovering from major back surgery since March, and the recovery and being cooped up has been tough on both of them. As a bonus, I took my 5yr old son and had him ring their doorbell while the rest of us hid. The look on their faces was priceless!!!

We did a bunch of chores for them - helped them get a car to replace their old one, got them a new TV and upgraded them to a DVR, replaced the dishwasher, engine maintenance on their other car, lawnmower, and snowblower, yardwork, and a BUNCH of cleanout in their garage. We also got to tour the Harley Museum as a family too - good stuff!

Among the stuff in the garage was a box of medals that my dad had picked up in a church cleanout. What was now in his way turned out to be THIRTY SIX POUNDS of PURE PEWTER. He kept a few to make coasters out of and let me have the rest. A medium flat rate box to get them home, and I now have this:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-twLYvGSSquE/TqY1hTMAOXI/AAAAAAAAANA/CA32MYJ8wI4/s800/Pewter.jpg

:drinks::drinks:
(BTW, that's a Mihec .452-200 gr hollow point for size reference.)

dieguy59
10-25-2011, 01:05 AM
The fact the medals say 'Good Samaritian' is quite ironic! LOL. Nice score!

badbob454
10-25-2011, 02:03 AM
sweet.............................

captaint
10-25-2011, 07:40 AM
craw - Congrats. You and Dad did good. That pewter should last you a very long time. You only need like 1/2 pound to a 20lb pot of lead. That's a lot of pots with enough tin in them!! Now go make some boolits.... enjoy Mike

DukeInFlorida
10-25-2011, 07:46 AM
1) Thank you for doing all the nice things for your folks. I'm guessing they really appreciated the help. You'll have fond memories of the times you did the right things.
2) Nice find.

Ronbo256
10-25-2011, 08:22 AM
Nice find indeed!

mold maker
10-25-2011, 09:41 AM
Those were made of aluminum untill the good fairy waved her wand. Doing good deeds is a rewarding experience.

atom73
10-25-2011, 09:58 AM
thats karma dude. Its written right on the medals..

Link23
10-26-2011, 06:11 PM
wanna double your money? LOL

Link23

crawfobj
10-26-2011, 06:20 PM
Thanks for the comments guys. It was a great trip and the first time we had all been in the same place at the same time since Christmas. It was the first time my brother was able to make it to see my folks' new place, and they've been in it 8 years.

I'll share some of the love with a benefit auction for the site when I have more time, and possibly sell or trade some more. There's more here than I can use for a while. (OK, maybe a LONG, LONG while!)