PDA

View Full Version : Pedersoli Sharps barrel plug 8-32

NSB
10-24-2011, 07:20 PM
I'm not sure if this is in the right forum or not but here goes: Does anyone know where I can get a couple of 8-32 slotted or hex head plugs to fill in the holes in the barrel where I took the ladder sight off? I've looked every where and even Brownells doesn't have this size. I have a bunch of plugs I've accumulated over the years when I put scopes on guns, etc. but they're all smaller and have a finer pitch to the threads.

myfriendis410
10-24-2011, 07:49 PM
It may be metric. All I can suggest would be some kind of specialty tool place that caters to odd thread sizes and pitches. I would pretty much guarantee it's not 8-32. I'll look at mine and see what I come up with.

Tom-ADC
10-24-2011, 08:08 PM
Email Pedersoli they are good about helping out. Needed stuff for my H & R Springfield they helped out.

chuebner
10-24-2011, 08:32 PM
Since the Pedersoli is of Italian manufacture it's a safe bet the threads are metric. I guestimate the screw hole on my Pedersoli to be 4mm by ? pitch.

charlie

montana_charlie
10-24-2011, 10:28 PM
Try this page at VTI Gun Parts. Check the specs on item #609.
You would have to obtain the screw, then cut off the head and saw a slot in order to make a plug screw.
http://www.vtigunparts.com/store/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=61&cat=Pedersoli+Sharps+1874+Sporting+Rife

CM

calaloo
10-25-2011, 07:01 AM
If you have a bolt and screw place near you it is your best bet. they should have headless setscrews in metric. Take one of the sight screws with you for the counter man to measure.

rbertalotto
10-25-2011, 09:11 AM
it IS metric. I tried some SAE plugs and you can get them to work, but the threads in the barrel are metric. I made some from metric bolts.

NSB
10-25-2011, 10:38 AM
Thanks everyone. I called VTI (per Montana Charlie) and they directed me to a place called Bolt Depot in Mass. They have everything ever made that's a fastener. I paid the princley sum of .08 cents each and got six of them. The shipping and handling costs the more than the screw plugs but you still have to pay for picking, packaging, and shipping so I'm happy. I have a couple of extras in case I ever need them.

myfriendis410
10-26-2011, 07:39 PM
If you would give us the part number maybe we could order some too.

calaloo
10-27-2011, 06:26 AM
Thanks everyone. I called VTI (per Montana Charlie) and they directed me to a place called Bolt Depot in Mass. They have everything ever made that's a fastener. I paid the princley sum of .08 cents each and got six of them. The shipping and handling costs the more than the screw plugs but you still have to pay for picking, packaging, and shipping so I'm happy. I have a couple of extras in case I ever need them.

Like I said.

NSB
10-27-2011, 09:49 AM
If you would give us the part number maybe we could order some too.

They should arrive in the mail today or tomorrow. I'll post the part number when I get the invoice with the parts. Thanks again everyone.

NSB
10-27-2011, 05:13 PM
BoltDepot.com 1-866-337-9888 part number 8834. You'll have to do a little grinding to shorten them but it's not very difficult. I used a file and had them both done in 15 minutes.