PDA

View Full Version : Shooters Accessory Supply Info

Danth
10-24-2011, 06:29 PM
Hello All: I just picked up a box of dies and parts for a Shooters Accessory Supply press. My swaging knowledge is limited, so I'm looking for information that would identify the various items I cannot identify. Anyone have some info? Most of the items do not fit a standard 7/8" X 14TPI reloading press, but apparently a press made specifically for swaging. I'd love to find the press that goes with all this equipment: anyone know what I'm looking for? Best, Dan

MIBULLETS
10-24-2011, 06:53 PM
SAS used to make a press too, but I believe the old Corbin Mity Mite is the same thing and takes the 5/8" 24 dies and punches.

Some of the older SAS dies were not threaded I have heard. So, it depends what you have. Any pictures?

Idaho Sharpshooter
10-24-2011, 07:00 PM
This was the original Ted Smith SAS Mighty-Mite horizontal swaging press. He was in Oregon. They are currently being made by BSS in Layzanna. Blackmon Swaging Supply.

I want to say close to $300 for the press, but I am not sure. Somebody here will know, and BSS occasionally runs a postage-stamp sized ad in Handloader or Rifle Magazines.

Mine is really cool. For many years I used it to swage boolets for my breechseated Schuetzen rifles. He took half a dozen boolets that had been breechseated and made a die to fit. The CBA guys are doing much the same thing these days.

Rich