PDA

View Full Version : HK-91 parts list

Jamesconn
10-24-2011, 05:22 PM
I am looking for a parts list on the HK-91 I don't like the AR-15 and I wanted a gun that could take its place but I don't wanna pay $3000

MtGun44
10-24-2011, 07:51 PM
It is a very simple and very reliable rifle, accurate too. Most have very bad trigger pulls,
mine has the PSG1 trigger group and is excellent. It is a hard kicker. Probably the best
front sight on any military rifle, too. Unfortunately the semi-auto version has had the
mag release really screwed up, so that mag changes, using the 'backup' mag release
button (after they removed the normal, easy to use paddle release) are much slower than
they should be. Heavy gun too, throws the brass in to next week and makes a huge dent
in it without the port buffer. Brass is reloadable, but the flutes make it look bad and the
violent extraction often slightly damages the rim.

I'd say that the bolt assy has about 8 or maybe 9 pieces, total. No gas system. Trigger
group, as a guess, maybe 10 pieces, again a guess. I like the gun, but it is a heavy &
powerful battle rifle, not a carbine.

Bill

Trey45
10-24-2011, 08:04 PM
I think maybe you want an HK 93 which is a 223 rifle, instead of an HK 91 which is a 308.

lylejb
10-24-2011, 08:35 PM
hkparts.net has lots of parts for many types of hk's, even used mil -surp parts.

NOTHING HK related is cheep. trying to build one isn't going to be much cheeper than buying a used one.

You still have to do a FFL transfer for the reciever, with all the related paperwork.

WARNING HKparts has some mil surp full auto parts. If you were to combine a FA trigger group with a semi auto reciever, you would be illegally making a machine gun. The fed's would see no humor in this.

Jamesconn
10-25-2011, 06:02 PM
I know it shoots .308 instead of 5.56 that's partially why I want it.
I'll check the other one you said if its hard on brass I may have to find another and I only wanted to save money I'm still building semi auto not auto.
I want an assault rifle that's accurate powerfull and well built

oneokie
10-25-2011, 06:54 PM
Have you considered a FAL or clone?

MtGun44
10-25-2011, 10:12 PM
FAL is far easier on the brass, and a good one is an accurate rifle. DSA makes some US
built ones that are top quality units, but not cheap. I have built one from a kit, this is a
viable way to go since the headspacing is fairly easy. They have a crossbolt that is pressed
in place after measuring what size is needed. Different crossbolts are available, or one
can be cut with a mill to fit (assuming it is too big). Measure with pin gage and then put
in the right crossbolt and your gun is headspaced.

You can get a kit and a US built reciever, put it together and headspace. Probably have
about $7-800 in it by the time you are done. Good .308 battle rifle, truly earned the
appelation "The right arm of the free world". Mags are cheap and available in large
quantity - same thing also true of the HK91, $3-5 for top grade factory mags for HK,
more like $10-15 for FAL.

Bill