PDA

View Full Version : Mah Pewter done got stole! Again!

evan price
10-24-2011, 03:08 AM
I picked up two glass-bottomed tankards at the Goodwill for $1 each. Left them on the kitchen table while I was unloading grocieries and stuff... We went pumpkin shopping too.

So we sat down carve some jack-o-lanterns and my 6-year-old son found the bag while moving stuff off the table and said "Dad, these were cups from the long ago times. I want to drink beer in them!"

So I gave them a good washing and then filled them up with crushed ice and A&W Root Beer and we enjoyed a good drink while carving pumpkins.

It was fun.

Man, those things get freaking COLD when they are full of iced beverage!

Now I need to sneak them out of the kitchen and into my smelting pot without my 6-yr-old finding out. ;-)

fryboy
10-24-2011, 09:27 AM
precious memories !!! ( thanx for sharin' the grin ! ) i have a couple of wine goblets that i just havent been able to bring myself to smelt down yet , possibly wont until i just have to have the tin , but they are sitting on the shelf just in case , i've been pretty fortunate that every time they get to be about the only items left on the pewter shelf i manage to find more ( and so spare them yet again temporarily )

Wayne Smith
10-24-2011, 01:11 PM
precious memories !!! ( thanx for sharin' the grin ! ) i have a couple of wine goblets that i just havent been able to bring myself to smelt down yet , possibly wont until i just have to have the tin , but they are sitting on the shelf just in case , i've been pretty fortunate that every time they get to be about the only items left on the pewter shelf i manage to find more ( and so spare them yet again temporarily )

So... why haven't you filled them with wine and emptied them several times in the wait??

jsizemore
10-24-2011, 04:05 PM
I'd find a couple of aluminum mugs and make the swap when your drinkin' buddy ain't lookin'. He'd understand if you wanted to do a little root beer drinking and cast boolit shooting.

fryboy
10-24-2011, 04:24 PM
So... why haven't you filled them with wine and emptied them several times in the wait??

i rarely imbibe ( yes even de vino ) and for those few times to impress certain female dinner guest , crystal is more a language they understand/appreciate ;)

i did see a aluminum tankard today with the glass bottom tho as well as two cast solid aluminum ones at a thrift store but no pewter worth bringing home [bummer that]

P.K.
10-24-2011, 04:42 PM
I've got a bunch of olddddd steins from Germany that I prolly will never touch even with what I have learned so far from this evil place. Like a bunch of dark age alchemists looking for the formula on gold.:)