never do so I need to include that into my handgun sessions
I was so thoroughly disgusted I quit hunting early [smilie=b:

NSP64
10-23-2011, 09:44 AM
tough break.
at least it wasn't wounded.
Still better than any day at work. LOL

Had that happen once bowhunting.
Saw two does working a field edge. Dropped my quiver, backpack and gear. Took one arrow. worked my way up an intersept course, crawled up to intersept.
Does cut through edge of woods 15yrds in front of me, waited for a shot. clean release.
Hits a twig and goes sailing off into the woods. I didn't move a muscle.
Deer ran 10 yrds then stopped, looked around, went back to grazing.
There I stood.watching for 15 min as they wandered off.
I will never forget the moment though.

Dennis Eugene
10-23-2011, 10:31 AM
I never cease to be amazed at how easy it is to miss. Dennis

bigboredad
10-23-2011, 11:07 AM
that just gives you another chance to go chase them around. My guess off hand wasn't the problem my guess is you didn't want to end your season early. At any rate when we get excited it is really easy to slap the trigger instead of a good strait back squeeze. When I could walk better I used to shoot prairie dogs and jack rabbits to help me get over the I gotta hurry and slap syndrome. Remember experience is good no matter what the out come is

44man
10-24-2011, 03:48 PM
Don't feel bad. :oops:
I took a long bow out once this season and shot at a nice doe. I forgot to aim low from the tree and shot over.
Took my compound out once and the deer jumped the string. I get a lot of kill shots where the arrow is where the deer was! :veryconfu
I can't even hear my bow but it seems deer will not jump it in the morning, only evening. It must have something to do with air transmission of sound and some high frequency I can't hear.
I have killed many many deer with it and it always drives me nuts when a deer moves before the arrow gets there.
What is worse is all the other deer also bolt.