PDA

View Full Version : Unbelievable casting myths on other boards

Pages : 1 [2]

ss40_70
11-23-2011, 10:25 PM
i for one am going to be skeptical on them being the same person .. coincidence maybe ... i dont see how a person could be such a complete tool over there an ignore this thread .. so benifit of the doubt for me personaly

PatMarlin
11-23-2011, 10:46 PM
Oops.

Jim
11-23-2011, 11:25 PM
I went through this entire thread in one sitting. There's only one thing I don't believe. That's the part about another casting forum. Rediculous!:bigsmyl2:

P.K.
11-23-2011, 11:41 PM
You all should look over your shoulder when ripping on this ignorant person. It appears he is a member here. A Boolit Master no less. Where's a Moderator when you need one.:coffeecom

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/member.php?u=1582

I take back that "ignorant"remark. Ignorance is a correctable condition. Toopid is permanent.

I'll wait for the jury to report in. BUT he was on the boards at 1830 this evening. I'm sure he could have chimed in. ;-)

Lookin' over his last posts he seems like a fairly knowledgeable fella, hardly like the individual in the thread (banned now) on the other board.

P.K.
11-23-2011, 11:47 PM
I'll wait for the jury to report in. BUT he was on the boards at 1830 this evening. I'm sure he could have chimed in. ;-)

Lookin' over his last posts he seems like a fairly knowledgeable fella, hardly like the individual in the thread (banned now) on the other board.

Wait I take the second back, the first still stands.

imashooter2
11-24-2011, 12:30 AM
You all should look over your shoulder when ripping on this ignorant person. It appears he is a member here. A Boolit Master no less. Where's a Moderator when you need one.:coffeecom

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/member.php?u=1582

I take back that "ignorant"remark. Ignorance is a correctable condition. Toopid is permanent.

Are you just guessing, or do you know something we don't? From what I see... the guy here is leadhead, the guy there is LeadHead. Both are from Western Pennsylvania but the guy there says "PA" and the guy here calls it "Pa." Writing styles are different and most topics started here have titles that end in a bunch of question marks, while none of the topics started there do.

I'm going with "different guy" until evidence proves me wrong.

Dannix
11-24-2011, 01:08 AM
..............I LOVED reading that thread!:D
Likewise. :mrgreen: Still though, I kind of felt bad for the guy too.

Lycanthrope, a hearty welcome! I'm sure your responsibilities to the pafoa forum would affect your ability to spend much time here, but you are always welcome, and I'm sure I'm not alone in stating I appreciate your work over on the pafoa forum.

PatMarlin
11-24-2011, 01:10 AM
I'll have to second the "Different Guy" theory.

Our Leadhead looks to be on a quest for knowledge in what he does. Their Leadhead of course knows it all.

Our Leadhead signs off all his posts with "Denny'. Also looks like a different writing style and has different paragraph placement.

We takin' bets? ...:mrgreen:

Dannix
11-24-2011, 01:20 AM
I've sent our leadhead a PM, so hopefully he spare us the suspense.

geargnasher
11-24-2011, 01:32 AM
Denny also knows how to fit a boolit to a gun to prevent leading.

Gear

waksupi
11-24-2011, 02:30 AM
If you look at OUR leadhead's posts, it is obviously a different person.

Recluse
11-24-2011, 02:49 AM
Lycanthrope, personally I think it was handled rather well. I hope to see you here more often.

+1 and agree heartily.

I also don't think our "leadhead" is the same as the one in question.

:coffee:

leadhead
11-24-2011, 10:22 AM
Hey Guys,
I'm leadhead or Denny from Pa.
What are you guys talking about?
I only come on here to ask questions
and learn. Is someone using my on-line name?
Denny

P.K.
11-24-2011, 10:24 AM
Hey Guys,
I'm leadhead or Denny from Pa.
What are you guys talking about?
I only come on here to ask questions
and learn. Is someone using my on-line name?
Denny

Denny, go to post #1 and follow the link. Same handle.

Shedhunter
11-24-2011, 10:53 AM
The OP to that thread is a tardre

leadhead
11-24-2011, 11:55 AM
OK Guys,
I've read thru the thread and take this is about some one on another forum
ragging on a bullet company. I have never bought a factory made cast bullet
in my life. Been casting for 40+ years and have shot handgun silhoutte for 22
years with nothing but cast. I'm pushing 70 and don't shoot handgun much
anymore, but shoot many different military rifles with cast. Hope this clears
that up.
Denny

Dannix
11-25-2011, 12:39 AM
Glad to have you on board Denny!

Bullet Caster
11-26-2011, 08:24 PM
Please don't invite him over here. (Leadhead) & not our Denny. When he blows himself up he will still blame Missouri Bullets sayin' that the lead was too soft--like PlayDough. I went to the other forum just to be amused. What a 12 page load of horse ****! I was beginning to think he was going to "obliterate" his 9mm. LOL. Went there just for the entertainment factor. He obliviously didn't want any help as others were sometimes nice to the Leadhead...um....wonder why he called himself that (NO REFLECTION ON YOU, Denny and welcome aboard). I believe that our membership would have reamed him a new one not to mention gettin' us all banned. BC

wallenba
11-26-2011, 08:54 PM
I did not read the entire thread. But, I get the personality type. The 'I'm never wrong, so it's someone elses fault' type. Probably an 'M' die would have solved his shaving problem (doubt he's ever heard of it). His use of the FCD likely contributed to the leading by sizing the bullet down. He never mentioned checking the BHN (as far as I read ). I have used Missouri bullets and found them to be high quality.

Also, I noticed he is Banned over there.

Just occurred to me that now he may go to a more 'reputable' bullet supplier. Problem is, they too will be a second rate supplier. LOL

Dave18
11-26-2011, 09:33 PM
and then the dudes last post, that was something else,

wallenba
11-26-2011, 09:55 PM
On some calm sunny day in the future he may have an awakening. When he finally is educated about hardcast boolits and realizes what an a$$ he made of himself on that site, he will find it hard to work at the reloading bench without remembering it. He will then have learned the lesson that most of us learned when we were six or seven. GET THE FACTS FIRST!
If you can't find them seek advice from the experts.

I am assuming that Missouri Bullets refuses his refund request is because of his attitude. If I was the producer, and someone called me up complaining (politely) that my product was not working out for him, I might consider buying them back at the going rate of the alloy if he paid the postage. I would not exchange them or take a reorder.

Also, I have pulled a number of 18 BHN with my Hornady collet puller and they ALWAYS get smushed like that. He had them sent to a lab to get tested? How much reloading products knowledge did this guy assimilate in forty years?

mpmarty
11-26-2011, 09:59 PM
Hopeless, he is just plain hopeless and to be pitied.

Mossy Nugget
11-27-2011, 02:08 AM
A new caster/re-loader who reads the the whole thing now should still be able to take away some good information from the thread because of you guys.
- Bullwolf

Very true! I now seat and crimp in separate operations instead of shaving the lead off the sides of the boolit and squashing it inside the case. I have been reloading jacketed for over forty minutes! (I must be an expert by now?.... and once that box of 50 was gone, so was everything I thought I knew!) Thanks on behalf of all us noobs for sharing your experience. I am thrilled with my home cast ammo! Not only way cheaper, but way more accurate.

Moss

Aloxite
11-27-2011, 09:03 PM
Very enlightening thread. The responses trying to help him out had a bunch of good information for me to digest. Plus it was rather entertaining in a dark sort of way.

303Guy
11-28-2011, 01:48 AM
Welcome aboard, Aloxite.:drinks:

So now you have seen as an introduction that the folks on this board are a mighty fine bunch! This has to be the best of thest gun forums out there!