PDA

View Full Version : Building the PPSH-41

Jamesconn
10-18-2011, 11:02 PM
I am attempting to build a semi auto PPSH I can find alot of parts kits for he 41 that are missing the barrel but I can't seem to find a barrel for it I found the parts kit for $170 but I can't find the barrel its starting to stress me out and I want to get it do I can use it and the TT-33 I was researching into led me to find the PPSH now I want one but can't find the barrel

Multigunner
10-19-2011, 12:16 AM
I am attempting to build a semi auto PPSH I can find alot of parts kits for he 41 that are missing the barrel but I can't seem to find a barrel for it I found the parts kit for $170 but I can't find the barrel its starting to stress me out and I want to get it do I can use it and the TT-33 I was researching into led me to find the PPSH now I want one but can't find the barrel

I've seen it written that the Soviets often used cut down Mosin nagant barrels when manufacturing these.
Could be.

Jamesconn
10-19-2011, 12:22 AM
I found a guy that sells parts kit with barrel but missin two other parts but he actually tells you where you can buy them I will be purchasing from him but the barrel is 10.5 in even if it's just semi auto is that legal in Texas I thought 16 in was minimum for rifle

Larry Gibson
10-19-2011, 01:03 PM
The 16" minimum barrel length for a rifle is federal law, thus it applies in Texas also.

Larry Gibson

Multigunner
10-19-2011, 03:04 PM
You might have it registered as a SBR.
If you've ever seen the modified PPSH manufactured by the North Vietnamese, this offers a possibilty.
They shortened the barrel jacket and made a sheet metal lower with an extending wire stock.

One built along these lines could be built as a hadgun, the stock left out or a non extending dummy stock welded in place.
You couldn't use original receiver parts though, since this sort of thing requires that the receiver had never been part of a functional shoulder arm before.

There are 16 inch barreled semi-auto clones of the PPSH with full length barrel jackets.