PDA

View Full Version : Does a RCBS Lube-a-matic have a lifetime parts warenty?

lts70
10-17-2011, 01:27 PM
I have an old green RCBS Lube-a-matic that has overtime began to wear out where the wrench fits onto the compression bolt. The 1/4" potion at the top of the bolt that the ratchet wrench fits on has striped. The wrench does not have metal wear but the ratchet mechanism is jacked. It looks like the threaded bolt was a softer steel than the wrench and has realy rounded off the bolt over time. A friend told me that it would be under a life time warranty. Is that true?

scrapcan
10-17-2011, 03:01 PM
I sent mine back for an issue with the threads on the die nut. They fixed it ( new nut and cleaned up the threads in the casting) and sent it back not charge. I would call them and tell them what you have and get their suggestion.

sqlbullet
10-17-2011, 04:00 PM
Agree. I have an old Lachmiller. I emailed them about where I could buy some parts for it. They asked for my address and sent them out.

Baja_Traveler
10-17-2011, 04:16 PM
I went online and got the part number from their parts listings (for the Lube-A-Matic it's: 80093 Threaded Rod ), then gave them a call. Two days later I had the free replacement installed. Same deal - stripped out hex.

lts70
10-17-2011, 04:29 PM
I just called and left Bill a message and walked out to my car. When I got back in my office I already had a message from him saying to get him my address and parts will be on the way.:smile:

Now that is great service! I am glad I went with RCBS, thanks Bill!

Fredx10sen
10-17-2011, 04:30 PM
It's real hard to beat their warranty.

1Shirt
10-17-2011, 05:33 PM
IMNTBHO, RCBS is the Rolls Royce of service oriented companies!
1Shirt!:coffee:

ku4hx
10-17-2011, 06:32 PM
I had the depriming stem of a 40+ year old set of RCBS dies snap a couple of years ago. I called RCBS (seems they had a different name than the one from which I bought my dies) but they replaced the stem free of charge no questions asked.

Not exactly a higher priced product like your having a problem with, but they acted like it was. I couldn't be happier. Good bunch those Rock Chuckers.

mpmarty
10-17-2011, 09:19 PM
I just got an email from LEE in response to a question on what it would cost to repair a six cavity mould of theirs where I broke off the sprue plate pivot bolt inside the aluminum block. They said send it in and they would either fix it or send me a new one. NO CHARGE.

ps: Mold is over six years old. 200gr 452 semi wad cutter.

chboats
10-18-2011, 12:13 AM
all their parts are not free. After 30 years and only 15,000 lbs of lead the heater on my pro melt went out. It cost me $90 to rebuild it. When it came back the only thing that was original was the housing and the stand.

GREAT SERVICE!!!!

Carl

koehlerrk
10-18-2011, 10:21 AM
The only RCBS item I ever broke was a de-capping rod in my 22-250 die. I goofed, didn't have the locknut tight, and it wobbled. (BTW, this was in my first month or so of reloading.) Broke the pin, bent the rod. I called RCBS to see if I could order some new parts, since it was definitely MY FAULT.

In a word, nope. They sent me a new rod, new neck expander ball, and three decapping pins. No charge, and they were here two days later.

There's a good reason why most of my loading equipment is RCBS green. It's nice to buy from folks you can believe in.