PDA

View Full Version : Receiver Sight on Marlin 94

rayzer
10-16-2011, 02:14 PM
I would like to put a Williams receiver sight on my Marlin 1894. Does anyone know what model I need? it is late model, made by Marlin in Ct. It is drilled and tapped for a scope, no holes on left side of the receiver. I would rather have a peep sight on this gun. Last receiver sight I ordered was for my Marlin model 1895, it did not fit it, it was also drilled and tapped for a scope. But it did fit my Winchester 94. I don't want to order something that I cannot use again.

W.R.Buchanan
10-16-2011, 02:27 PM
Williams makes peep sights for all the Marlin models. I have a 1894 and I drilled and tapped the receiver for the side mount model. This was before they came out with the top mount version which they now have.

I have a 1895 Cowboy, (See refinishing my 1895 thread below). It has a Williams sight that uses the rear scope mounting holes on top of the receiver.

Goto Brownells (800-741-0015) and call in your order , they will get you the right model if you tell them you don't have the side mount holes. Their tech guys are all gunsmiths, and know what they are doing.

Randy

pietro
10-16-2011, 05:06 PM
The Skinner peep sight, available in blued & stainless steel or brass, will bolt into the two rear scope mount holes and NOT require the use of an offset hammer spur due to rear overhang. A taller front sight blade will be required to achieve zero, due to the top-mounting - but Skinner can hook you up there too, or an additional $15.

http://www.skinnersights.com/3.html

Likewise a top-mount peep sight rewuiring a taller front sight, the CS peep sight also utilizes the two rear scope mount holes w/o a hammer spur needed, XS has pee/front sight sets available for the Marlin 1894.

http://www.xssights.com/index.php?nID=sights&cID=Sights&pID=sights&sID=rifle

Don't forget to either order a slot filler blank for the removed rear barrel sight, or file one up from the dovetail section of an old longleaf open rear sight.