PDA

View Full Version : Taurus Tracker 45 Colt Titanium Opinions Wanted

Swede44mag
10-14-2011, 10:11 PM
I have a chance to buy a Taurus Tracker 45 Colt Titanium with a ported 6' barrel.
Anyone have one what are your thoughts on this revolver.
Good
Bad

Your opinion counts.

Ben
10-14-2011, 10:19 PM
Take a few minutes and Google " Customer service problems Taurus Handguns ".

You'll find it more than a little bit interesting.

Catshooter
10-14-2011, 10:30 PM
I love the five shot 45 Colt concept and I wish that a quality company would make some. Too bad.

Cat

NickSS
10-15-2011, 06:51 AM
I have a couple of Taurus trackers one in 22 and the other in 357 mag. Both had hard trigger pulls when I got them but replacing springs got rid of that problem fast. My 22 had an issue with the cylinder bolt not working properly right out of the box. I called Taurus Monday morning and they Emailed me a pre-payed shipping label and I fed exed it the same day to them. Wednesday I got an email saying they had my pistol and it would be returned in a week or two. The following Wednesday I got an email and a phone call from them saying my gun was repaired and would be delivered to me Thursday (the next day). The Fed Ex truck arrived right on schedule and my gun has worked flawlessly ever since. I own 8 Taurus hand guns and had issues with only one that needed factory service. I have read all sorts of horror stories on the web about how poor Taurus performs service as well as how poor their guns work. Well that has not been my experience. I have had to have factory service done on Marlins, Winchesters, Thompson Center, H&R, and Rossi. None of them matched the service I got from Taurus. I am not saying that others have not had problems but maybe Taurus in trying to clean up their act?

Ben
10-15-2011, 07:30 AM
NickSS

Taurus , with respect to customer service, was at a point where they either had to make a better commitment to GET IN to customer service or GET OUT.

I hope you're right, maybe they are trying to clean up their act ?

Ben

GLynn41
10-15-2011, 09:12 PM
i have have a .41 mag-- not excatly what you asked -- but I can report no problems at at all -- except all my boolit molds were too long in the nose to crimp groove so I made mine into a .41 specail -- I have lots of .41 brass- any way no problems at all with the weapon -- it is small and very easy to carry -- all I wanted is a woods --gun -- I call it "hole puncher" -- for me =-and I studied before i bought and read the horror stories-- but mine is just fine--

peter nap
10-15-2011, 09:28 PM
I have the Titanium in 44 Mag and with some reservations...like it!

The BIG problem is if I don't put a heavy crimp, sooner or later and usually sooner, a bullet will back out due to recoil and the resulting powder will get under the extractor causing all sorts of lockups.

It is a joy to carry and with lighter loads, shoot.

Swede44mag
10-15-2011, 11:30 PM
I bought the pistol my dad likes it being light weight.
I also like the fact it looks like my 454 SS Raging Bull.

I had been looking for a Single action Ruger Blackhawk in 45 colt.
Every one I found the barrel was too short and the dealers were out of their mind on the cost.

The only problem I have found is the cylinder is short compaired to my Vaquero.
I tried some of the loaded 45 colt shells I had.
The 255KT boolits were to long and stuck out the end of the cylinder.
The H&G #68 boolits I had loaded fit fine.
I am going to have to rethink my loads to get enough weight but not be too long.

missionary5155
10-16-2011, 04:46 AM
Good morning
Have a Titanium 4"in caliber.41 mag. I learned real fast it was not a good choice for 240 grainers at 1200 FPS. I backed everything down to 210 grainers at 950 fps. It is a joy to haul about the woods & bottoms all day long. Makes a great kayak tool.
So your .45 should be in the same bracket except for the longer barrel. I would start with a 900 fps load and work up... rather than discover a nasty zinging pain in your hand. You will appreciate those rubber grips.
Mike in Peru