PDA

View Full Version : Richard Corbin dies for 243

tbird1960
10-13-2011, 03:45 PM
Is there anyone using Richard Corbin's dies for a 243 with 22 rimfire cases? I would like to know how accurate they are as compared to a Sierra or Hornady commercial bullet. Also how fast are you loading them?

Armorer
10-13-2011, 07:38 PM
I would be interested in that myself.

Smokin7mm
10-14-2011, 09:30 AM
I have a RCE die that makes a 6mm jacket from the 22mag rimfire case. It makes a nice looking jacket. I also have a RCE 6mm die set that makes a Flat base open tip pullet. I use 17HMR brass for up to about 90gr and I can use the 22mag brass up to about 115gr. Have only done a little testing with them with a contender barrel in 6TCU that I picked up a while ago but these are the only bullets I have shot through it so it is hard to compare. I only did limited testing with a couple of powders and charge weights and was getting promising results but nothing yet that gave me sub MOA, close but not quite there. I gave some to a friend to test with a KNOWN accurate gun but I have not gotten any information back from him yet. Not sure he has had time to test them yet. (hunting season this time of year you know).
Bret

tbird1960
10-15-2011, 12:02 PM
What TC barrel were you using, rifle or pistol? What size groups were you getting? Seriously thinking about buying a set of dies but would like to know what to expect.
Thanks Bill

Smokin7mm
10-17-2011, 09:19 AM
I was using a factory Contender super 14 pistol barrel. Groups with initial testing were around 1 1/2 inches but as I stated above I have nothing to compare it to as I do not know what this barrel will do with factory bullets. Would have to test some factory bullets to get a true comparison. I also swage 22cal, 6.5mm, 270cal, & 7mm and am able to get sub MOA groups. Just got the 270cal dies and havent done any real testing yet. The 22cal I shoot from my TC 10" hornet. These bullets are made from 22lr casings and they shoot sub MOA.
Bret