PDA

View Full Version : Selling Items

cajun shooter
10-10-2011, 10:00 AM
I just finished selling my Dillon 550B with all it's accessories and also had 4-5 conversions, powder dies, tool heads, stands and so on.
I had a number of people who said I will take this or that. I put these items to the side so that I may keep track of my sold items. When I contacted these persons about the items they said they already had one, they did not realize that the funds they had were that short and could no longer buy.
I out of anyone understand about funds but I know that morning when I wake up that I am broke. I also have a very good idea of what I need. This does cause me and any other seller a problem as I turned away several people saying all had been sold. I now have to re list the items to sell again. It would be Kind of any one to not post a yes when they are not sure or are even the least bit not sure. If you feel like just posting and talking then that is fine. Just don't say I will take it. Later David PS I do thank those who followed through with their part of the deal. Later David

frkelly74
10-11-2011, 06:24 AM
Hear here!!!

captaint
10-11-2011, 07:34 AM
David - You are absolutely correct. When I do not have money - I know it... Mike

Firebricker
10-11-2011, 02:57 PM
Imagine if when somebody said "I'll take it" and you say oops already sold it. I'll take it is like a hand shake here. FB

ss40_70
10-11-2011, 06:04 PM
the best laid and well intenioned plans have been broke when a fellow has to ask his wife where he left the checkbook

montana_charlie
10-11-2011, 07:38 PM
I have a short rant about the opposite side of that coin.

A person recently posted a long list of items for sale, but he only mentioned 'replacement value' when talking about money. He wanted to sell everything in a single lot.
A day (or so) later, he listed the same group of items again (in the same thread), but this time he was willing to sell items individually, and he listed the price he would actually sell each item for.

I PM'd him for a bit more information on one item.
Three days later, I got a reply saying the item had been sold.

I presume he got another PM (from somebody) saying "I'll Take It" while I was waiting for his answer.

To me, that is like having a store customer snatch an obect out of my hand while I wait on a price check from the cashier.
The difference is ... I don't know who to deliver the 'virtual' fat lip to.

CM

geargnasher
10-11-2011, 07:49 PM
Agreed CM, I'm one of the crotchety ones who still thinks all trading should be done in the open thread, that way everybody knows what's up. "PM sent" drives me nuts, having to wait a day or two sometimes to find out (if I'm lucky) that the seller posted the item is "still for sale".

I also feel strongly that "a deal's a deal". "I'll take it" means pony up the dough, and not three weeks from now, I mean the next day or two.

Gear

garym1a2
10-11-2011, 08:04 PM
Thats why I like selling on ebay paypal account with money in it means item was sold. Plus they have a feedback system.

leadman
10-11-2011, 09:21 PM
We have a feedback system here so make sure you post whether it is good or bad.
I had to once back out of a deal after saying I would take it. A problem came up in the family that needed an immediate application of cash. I felt terrible and will never let it happen again.

There are some though that as said will say they will take the item then back out, or cease all contact. Seems to be more prevelant among the younger folks than the older ones.

casterofboolits
10-12-2011, 03:55 PM
Agreed CM, I'm one of the crotchety ones who still thinks all trading should be done in the open thread, that way everybody knows what's up. "PM sent" drives me nuts, having to wait a day or two sometimes to find out (if I'm lucky) that the seller posted the item is "still for sale".

I also feel strongly that "a deal's a deal". "I'll take it" means pony up the dough, and not three weeks from now, I mean the next day or two.

Gear

I was late geting a payment out. But I had a stroke and was confined to a nursing home. Had my daughter send it out for me. I was out of action for six weeks.

I'm home now and one of my therapists is a shooter, so last week we made a trip to the basement to look at my reloading room, this week we went to the casting shop.

Good therapy![smilie=w:[smilie=w: