PDA

View Full Version : Curios and Relics FFL Discount List

AnthonyB
02-06-2007, 05:53 AM
I just received my C&R FFL and am curious about businesses giving dealer pricing or discounts to C&R holders. I did a quick search and found Midway, Brownells, and Graf's mentioned. Any others of note? Tony

Rick N Bama
02-06-2007, 06:34 AM
I just received my C&R FFL and am curious about businesses giving dealer pricing or discounts to C&R holders. I did a quick search and found Midway, Brownells, and Graf's mentioned. Any others of note? Tony

I get the discount at Midway. Sent a copy of my license to Brownell's but I've never heard from them. Haven't tried Graf's as of yet. Midsouth does not offer the discount unless you have a business license as well.

Rick

Scrounger
02-06-2007, 10:01 AM
Tony, definitely add Black Hills Shooters Supply

(http://www.bhshooters.com/)

to your list. They sell powder, bullets, and brass, including Starline. They have very good prices and shipping and HazMat are figured into their prices.

NVcurmudgeon
02-06-2007, 10:47 AM
Scrounger, thanks for the news about Black Hills. I knew about the other three already. I printed out your post for future reference.

db2
02-06-2007, 11:37 AM
AnthonyB

try looking up

http://surplusrifle.com/shooting2005/howtogetyourcurionrelicffl03/index.asp

They have a list of companies who give discounts. I mainly use Midway and Brownells.

Scrounger, thanks for the heads up on Black Hills.

Your in for it now with a C&R. I had to quit smoking just to free up more money. Now thats an addiction. :)

db2

woody1
02-06-2007, 12:26 PM
Numrich Gun Parts (e-gunparts.com) gives a discount also. Regards, Woody

corvette8n
02-06-2007, 02:02 PM
Lee sent me the wholsale list when I sent them my CR-FFL

no discounts but when it comes time to buy guns ammo etc.
Century arms
Aim surplus
Southern Ohio Gun(SOG)

I also sent it to a few ammo sellers no discount but I didn't have to sign that silly ammo disclaimer.

Don't forget to stock up on Ramen noodles cause you won't be able
to buy food anymore, too many toys to purchase.:-D

Shepherd2
02-06-2007, 02:15 PM
Rick N Bama - I'd check with Brownell's. They probably have you set up as a dealer. I called Brownell's with a order just after I received my license but hadn't mailed it to them yet. I mentioned that I had the license and the nice lady said since I had it in hand she would go ahead and set me up for dealer pricing and for me to send it attention of so and so. She took my word that I had the C&R. I got the price of my license back immediately. Brownell's are good people.

trk
02-06-2007, 07:16 PM
Rick N Bama - I'd check with Brownell's. They probably have you set up as a dealer.
Brownell's are good people.

Let me echo that. (My draft board was just down the street from them - they have an excellent reputation locally as well as nationionally.)

kodiak1
02-06-2007, 09:39 PM
Being a Canuk I was wondering what your "C&R FFL" are? I was under the impression that an FFL was a licenced Firearms Dealer.
Ken.

twoworms
02-06-2007, 10:10 PM
I have my C&R set up with Midway and Brownells. I think it cost me more in the long run, as I buy more now... :)

Tim

trooperdan
02-06-2007, 10:20 PM
Darn it! I just made an order with Midway today and I realized I didn't get the discount I usually get for my C&R FFL! Yep, the one I had on file had expired! :( Oh well, at least this reminded me to send in a new copy!

garandsrus
02-06-2007, 10:53 PM
Kodiak1,

The C&R FFL stands for Curio and Relic Federal Firearms License. It is a FFL for collectors/shooters primarilly. The main advantage is that you can have a firearm that is 50 or more years old shipped directly to you without going through a "real" FFL. Most of the surplus firearms are C&R eligible such as Garands, K31's, etc. It does not allow you to sell firearms as a business. You can of course sell anything you purchase, but again, it can't be a business.

John

georgewxxx
02-07-2007, 05:37 PM
The one thing to remember about Black hills Shooter Supply is they pay postage on all orders over $50.00. I've been using them for 5 years now. I let my buddies know I'm working up a order to get to the 50 bucks. When you're ordering Berry's plastic ammo boxes, you just about need some brass or bullets to come up with that $50. Last time I called in a order for some 38-55 Win brass and of course they were out, but they but them on back order. Two weeks ago the called and said a new batch was in, so made up a quick order of 100rds, and had them include 50rds of Norma 6.5X54 MS. for $22.50.

The powder & primer prices aren't cheap, but you have to remember they pay Haz-mat fees too, so group buy's work best for those. Minumim order for powder is 10lbs. They carry Federal, Remington, & Winchester primers in case lots.

They also give substantial discount on orders over 500lbs.

Geo