PDA

View Full Version : For Felix and Lar45

44man
06-13-2005, 11:06 AM
I went down to test felix against LBT blue to see about lube on the brass. I took the chronograph too. No difference as I had a little lube all the way to the rim with both lubes. I was shooting the 400 gr. Lee from the BFR .475. The LBT had the smallest SD at 10.5, velocity was 1338.2. The slightly hardened Felix gave me 1362.7 fps, a gain of 24.5 fps. SD was 14.3. Both groups were good at around an inch at 50 yd's.
I had some of my 429 gr. gc boolits from my home made mold so I shot five. Since I didn't have a new target, I put a one inch sticker at the top of the one I was shooting at. VERY difficult with a four minute dot in the Tasco, covers two inches at 50 yd's. I called two shots low because I was creeping into the orange dot. I used soft Felix, Loads are hot with several slightly sticky cases. Velocity is 1348.3 fps, SD at 20.5. I am going to reduce the charge one half grain. I hope you fellas appreciate how difficult it is to shoot groups with a four minute dot!
Anyway, I had the first three in 1/4", the two I called low were overlapping in 1/4" and if I had not crept down with the sight, they would have made a five shot group of 1/4".
Has anyone out there shot that good with a Freedom arms gun?

carpetman
06-13-2005, 12:13 PM
44man--Has anyone shot that good with a Freedom Arms gun? Starmetal had one that shot like that until he fixed it.

lar45
06-13-2005, 12:32 PM
I have never tried a red dot scope, but I can imagine. That is definatly some fine shootin.
http://www.herb-store.com/lgw/howda/pics/mm454/45fp701.jpg
and I thought I was doing good with this group

3 shots went into .120" - 50 yds from the bench, simmons scope. 340gn plain base from Mountain Molds.
this is with my Taurus 454. On several targets I get a nice 3 shot cluster and 2 further out

http://www.herb-store.com/lgw/howda/pics/mm454/45swcss701.jpg

http://www.herb-store.com/lgw/howda/pics/mm454/45fc704.jpg

Scrounger
06-13-2005, 12:45 PM
I went down to test felix against LBT blue to see about lube on the brass. I took the chronograph too. No difference as I had a little lube all the way to the rim with both lubes. I was shooting the 400 gr. Lee from the BFR .475. The LBT had the smallest SD at 10.5, velocity was 1338.2. The slightly hardened Felix gave me 1362.7 fps, a gain of 24.5 fps. SD was 14.3. Both groups were good at around an inch at 50 yd's.
I had some of my 429 gr. gc boolits from my home made mold so I shot five. Since I didn't have a new target, I put a one inch sticker at the top of the one I was shooting at. VERY difficult with a four minute dot in the Tasco, covers two inches at 50 yd's. I called two shots low because I was creeping into the orange dot. I used soft Felix, Loads are hot with several slightly sticky cases. Velocity is 1348.3 fps, SD at 20.5. I am going to reduce the charge one half grain. I hope you fellas appreciate how difficult it is to shoot groups with a four minute dot!
Anyway, I had the first three in 1/4", the two I called low were overlapping in 1/4" and if I had not crept down with the sight, they would have made a five shot group of 1/4".
Has anyone out there shot that good with a Freedom arms gun?

Good shooting. A StarMetal group for sure...