PDA

View Full Version : Mr. mikell gets a new revolver

Doug Bowser
10-09-2011, 09:32 AM
An 85 year old man in Jackson, MS killed an intruder two weeks ago. The Police claimed his handgun was unsafe to use and confiscated it. Our firearms forum for Mississippi bought him a new one.

go to msgunowners.com and click on th new post link at the top left of the page.

Doug Bowser

9.3X62AL
10-09-2011, 10:06 AM
The firearm was unsafe--to the assailant. :) Some PD admin pogue needs to fired, it sounds like. Good for your group to have seen to the man's personal protection, since the PD shirked their duty to facilitate same.

Three44s
10-09-2011, 11:42 AM
That gun WORKED! ............ but that's a lot less than can be said of of HIS Police Dept.!

The only thing that his gun needed was a RELOAD!!

BUT .... GOOD on 'ole Miss Gun Owners!!!

LEO folks and the County Prosecutor's Office in our area have a long history of BACKING legitamet self-defense.

Three 44s

Catshooter
10-09-2011, 08:21 PM
Actually I would say they betrayed duty rather than shirked.

Good for you guys to get him a new gun!

Cat

Bret4207
10-10-2011, 07:43 AM
I would have to ask what law in Ms. determines whether or not a gun is "unsfae", what criteria are used, and who makes the determination. And ehn what law allows for the confiscation? Like Al said, admin morons making decisions lead to stuff like this.

10-10-2011, 08:16 AM
I'd sooner think they took it until he's cleared of the shooting. After all it is evidence from a crime scene. If they don't give it back you guys need to go on the warpath for the old gentleman. That's a precedence we don't need set.
But also good for your organization.

Dale53
10-10-2011, 11:08 AM
I live in Southwest Ohio. This is called the Tri-State area as Ohio, Indiana, and Kentucky come together in this corner. We have, as you would expect, a lot of different jurisdictions. In my county we have an ENLIGHTENED Sheriff who fully supports the 2nd Amendment and Concealed Carry. Our neighboring county (Hamilton County) which includes the City of Cincinnati, not so much!

The same circumstances surrounding a self defense shooting will often result in quite different methods of handling. I won't belabor the point but I am glad I live where I do (Butler County, City of Hamilton, Ohio). The murder rate is much higher in Cincinnat compared to my City and Country. You would expect this (bigger cities, more murder). Many people from the Cincinnati area get their concealed carry permits in our county for obvious reasons.

I suggest that all check out their particular area and learn exactly what they can expect if they are involved in a righteous shooting.Then, you can also prepare yourself how to respond to the authorities when you might have to report said incident. Me, I'll have an att'y standing next to me when and if (God forbid) I get involved in a self defense scenario.

FWIW
Dale53