PDA

View Full Version : 22 bator boolit

hornetguy
02-05-2007, 10:35 PM
dang it!!
When is Lee gonna get off the pot and MAKE these things?
I've been waiting at Midsouth for a WHILE for these to show up....
Has anybody used this mold yet?
Or, better yet, does anybody have one they want to sell?? [smilie=1:

patience is a virtue, right? ...... right.....

nighthunter
02-06-2007, 10:32 AM
hornetguy ... I ordered and recieved a Bator from Midsouth about a month ago. At the time I ordered it the web site said it was on order but when I placed my order it showed as in stock and would ship. Maybe it wasn't changed after thet recieved them from Lee. Try doing an order and see what happens.
Nighthunter

scrapcan
02-06-2007, 11:02 AM
I bought the Bator from midsouth last fall. I think the design is a good one. I have loaded some but not enough to give you a good sample. You can ask Sundog or Felix, they have used the bator. You can look in the group buy thread for an older post trying to get a custom mould order going. There is good info in that post (not the current 70 gr thread). Also may try a search for 22-250, 223, or 222. some info should come up.

hornetguy
02-07-2007, 11:31 AM
Thanks for the replies... It looks like I might have found someone willing to part with one... Hopefully I'll be able to give it a whirl before long. I'm gonna be doing a couple of "new" things at the same time.... casting a Lee 22, and trying it with a ladle.
I've been using the old Lyman bottom pour since I started casting back in '71 or so. You'd think I would have tried a ladle before now.... guess I'm sorta slow on the uptake.

bruce drake
03-07-2007, 10:11 PM
OK folks,:coffee:

I just bought one of the LEE 55gr Bator 223 double mold from Midsouth, What does anyone have to say about this bullet mold and in what caliber did they load this for. I intend to use it in a 223 Remington case for a plinking load for the boys.:brokenima

Bruce

corvette8n
03-07-2007, 11:53 PM
will this work for an AR-15?