PDA

View Full Version : Hello

OldFrenchy
10-08-2011, 03:24 PM
Hello Folks!
I am new to the forum and would like to say hello. I reside in southern California and have been casting bullets in a casual way for 40 years, starting with my air pistols and rifle back in the late sixties (casting pure lead melted in a spoon over a bunsen burner in my school study!).
I have never taken a scientific approach to casting and am happy to have found a forum of bullet casting enthusiasts to educate me in the finer points of casting for accuracy. I look forward to perusing the forums!:coffeecom
OldFrenchy

crabo
10-08-2011, 03:25 PM
Welcome! I think you will like it here.

Blacksmith
10-08-2011, 04:14 PM
Start with the stickys they have a great collection of the wisdom of many. Anythin not clear just ask this is the greatest collection of boolet (we spell it that way for a reason) casting wisdom on the planet.

Welcome.

Blacksmith

Olevern
10-08-2011, 06:57 PM
Welcome, pull a chair and sit a spell. You'll like the coal stove and free flowing advice (most of it good)

MtGun44
10-08-2011, 09:30 PM
Welcome!

If you read all the stickies, you'll have about a months work. . . .. :-)

Good info, a lot to digest. Be forewarned that a lot of the 'conventional wisdom' about
boolit casting - is wrong.

Bill

hiram1
10-08-2011, 10:14 PM
the guys on here are good guys and will help if thay can and in time you could help some one here to.i have a lot of fun here.thay even have used post holes for you if you need them and lube groves to sell new or used

firefly1957
10-09-2011, 08:48 AM
Hello good luck you will find much good information here ignore us when we tease you about being from Kalifornia or however we spell it. It is just pulling your chain in jest there is no serious meaning behind it.

canyon-ghost
10-09-2011, 08:53 AM
Welcome to the forum, it's a favorite coffee shop most times.

Ron

Blacksmith
10-09-2011, 10:37 AM
But don't drink coffee if you read the Humor section or you might have to clean your monitor and keyboard.

Blacksmith

SSGOldfart
10-09-2011, 11:06 AM
Welcome to the forum, great group of guys and you'll learn from start to finish anything there is to know about casting.pour a cup of joe & jump right in

gray wolf
10-09-2011, 12:05 PM
Welllll ( drag out the L sound ) I must say your in the right place.
Yep--if you need to be someplace--this is it.
Welcome and enjoy your stay.

GW.______________ Sam

firefly1957
10-09-2011, 06:59 PM
What blacksmith said plus if you take blood pressure medicine take it before entering religon and politics.

MtGun44
10-09-2011, 11:54 PM
Hey, Don't EVER buy USED lube grooves, they never work right the second time around.

Insist on NEW lube grooves, only. Fair warning, some of the guys on here are likely to offer
some used lube grooves at attactive prices, just because you are new and may not know
a lot. Don't be fooled!

Bill

:bigsmyl2:

waksupi
10-10-2011, 12:30 AM
As the official (and only!) supplier of loob grooves, I will give fair warning, do not get suckered into buying used loob grooves from these guys. They are generally all stretched out of shape, or have rifling wear from improper installation methods.

Welcome aboard!

koehn,jim
10-10-2011, 10:08 AM
Welcome to a fellow Southern Californian. I live in Los Angeles and it is always nice to have more people from this state involved.