PDA

View Full Version : My Partner

kbstenberg
10-08-2011, 03:11 PM
Yesterday the wife an I installed close to 400 board feet of Australian Cyprus flooring in our living room. Both her an I were dead tired after 14 hrs of cutting, nailing, an prying boards into place. Sue never slacked off, if I was doing something she was getting something else ready.
I know it was about time to finish the floor. But it has only been 8 years since we built the house
Its hard for me to understand the attitude of some husbands that take there spouses for granted. Then again I have a partner rather than a room mate.
This is the view from up in the loft. I hope you notice I didn't show you the furniture in a heap in the dining room. Also the new mirror frame we made for the bathroom.

Finster101
10-08-2011, 03:14 PM
Looks very nice!

DLCTEX
10-08-2011, 03:19 PM
When can you come do mine.

MtGun44
10-08-2011, 04:19 PM
Looks great!

I know what you mean. My wife has helped me on every major project, and I
mean physically helping a LOT, not just standing around. We are just getting fairly
close to finishing up a complete rework of the entire upstairs hardwood floors, I just hope
they come out looking as nice as yours do.

You are a luck man, and I know what I am talking about. I am often amazed
at how little many friend's wives will do to help with projects. My wife does her half
of the mowing, has taken over proprietorship of our John Deere 425 tractor with belly mower,
I get the old beater Super Surfer - but both of us are happy with our machines. Big job,
we are mowing about 7 acres with lots of trees and and two creeks, not just easy straight
field mowing. It would be a lot harder without her help.

Bill

ElDorado
10-08-2011, 04:51 PM
That is a very nice floor. I know what hard work that is. Congratulations!

hiram1
10-08-2011, 09:41 PM
looks real nice i like it

crabo
10-08-2011, 09:44 PM
Great job on the floor. A friend described my wife as "if you need to dig a hole, she'll get in the hole and help you!"