PDA

View Full Version : Stuffin Dacron

caseyboy
10-08-2011, 02:08 PM
I read it here and tried it and it works great. Use a pair of fine tweezers to push the Dacron puff into the shell. Grab the whole puff with the tweezers, and push it in until you feel that the tweezers are hitting the powder. In a 7mm case, I can get all the dacron in with one "push" from powder to base of bullet. Way more efficient than trying to poke it in with a wood dowel.8-)

geargnasher
10-08-2011, 02:51 PM
That's a good tip!

Gear

357 Voodoo
10-08-2011, 03:03 PM
Good idea probably much easier than my Allen wrench And i have a few of those nice long skinny tweezers.

longarm85
10-08-2011, 09:13 PM
Where do you get these tweezers?

caseyboy
10-08-2011, 09:40 PM
Got them from my wife. A pair she never liked. Useful also for removing slivers and picking up small stuff!

Kraschenbirn
10-08-2011, 09:46 PM
Where do you get these tweezers?

Best bet might be a hobby shop. The tweezers I use came out of a set of several styles (straight, curved, needle-tip, etc.) I purchased many years ago when I was just beginning to build RC model airplanes. If you know an EMT or similar (such as an ER nurse or orderly), you might also be able to snag some "leftovers" from the sterile, pre-packed "trauma kits" used by first responders and in emergency rooms. Once the kits are unsealed, all the contents...whether used or not...are discarded as "non-sterile." I've got a small cigar box of tweezers, "single-use" scalpels, forceps, bandage scissors, and hemostats given to me by a friend (a former Navy Corpsman) who worked his way through grad school as an ER orderly at a local trauma center.

Bill