PDA

View Full Version : Marlin 39A replacement front sight

higgins
10-08-2011, 12:21 PM
I want to replace the factory front bead sight with a plain flattop post. What have you successfully used for such a replacement sight that was easily installed, and worked with a Williams or Lyman aperture rear sight? Thanks.

EdS
10-08-2011, 01:46 PM
XS makes a very nice square-top post front sight in a number of heights. I currently use them on a Win M-94 and two Marlin 336s; all with receiver "peep" sights. I buy mine from Brownells: http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/cid=0/k=xs+sight/t=P/ksubmit=y/f_a=25/Products/All/search=xs_sight. They work very well for me at the range and deer hunting. Good Shooting, Ed

Mk42gunner
10-08-2011, 02:46 PM
I really like the Marble's Sourdough front sight. Brownell's was carrying them a few years ago, I don't know if they still have them or not. It is a simple matter of measuring your front sight and ordring the same size replacement.

As EdS says the XS sight works well, for a 39A I would get the narrow one.

Robert

pietro
10-08-2011, 07:39 PM
www.skinnersights.com will make you a square-topped Sourdough Patridge front sight blade ($15 IIRC), in the height of your choice.

http://www.skinnersights.com/images/frt_profile.JPG?

boliep
10-21-2012, 08:04 PM
Do you want to sell your original front sight? If so, please email me at boliep@yahoo.com with a price.

Thanks.

FAsmus
10-21-2012, 09:20 PM
Just get a Lyman 17A of similar height as the issue sight and never look back!

The 17A has pretty much any kind of front sight design you can ever use - especially useful with a receiver sight on the back!

Good evening,
Forrest

olafhardt
10-22-2012, 12:18 AM
I take a piece of 1/2 by 1/8 steel, file into.a dovetail, drill and tap a 8x32 hole in it and screw in a nylon screw. Then I slide it into the slot. At the range I cut it to the proper hight. It really works great in the woods ; however, it doesn't work well agianst a white background.

W.R.Buchanan
10-24-2012, 11:01 PM
Plus 1 on the XS sights. I really like the fronts with the white line which is one of the easiest sights to pick up in dim light I have used.

Randy

ClemY
11-05-2012, 03:33 PM
I want to replace the factory front bead sight with a plain flattop post. What have you successfully used for such a replacement sight that was easily installed, and worked with a Williams or Lyman aperture rear sight? Thanks.

I have used two flat top posts on my Marlins: the XS Systems illuminated post and the Brockman serrated flat topped ramp, both of which I got from Brownell’s.