PDA

View Full Version : Prayer request.

DanWalker
10-08-2011, 01:37 AM
Gentlemen,
I'm here, with my hat in my hand humbly begging for your help.
There is a 2 day old little boy fighting for his life tonight in the Intensive care unit at the childrens hospital in Denver.
God don't owe me any favors, and an old lowlife like me has no right to ask him. So I'm begging you all to call in any favors the Lord might owe you.
Luke Scott JR was born severely oxygen deprived due to some medical bungling at a hospital I'm not allowed to mention. He's on a ventialtor in an induced state of mild hypothermia.
His folks are absolutely our kind of people. His mother is recovering right now, after nearly dying herself due to the same bungling. I drove to denver yesterday to be with my friend. He's one of the toughest men I've ever known, and when he finally broke after seeing his son buried in a mass of tubes and equipment, it nearly did me in right there.
This little boy doesn't deserve what has befallen him. If the heart beating in my chest would help him, he would already have it.
I've never felt so damned impotent and useless in my entire life. If any of you would be so kind as to pray for him, I would truly be in your debt.
Respectfully yours,
Daniel Walker

plmitch
10-08-2011, 02:03 AM
Prayers sent

gray wolf
10-08-2011, 07:52 AM
You have every right to pray for him, My friend don't think for one minute
the good Lord won't here your prayers.
I will say a prayer for him and his mother.

sam

Arisaka99
10-08-2011, 08:12 AM
It will be done. God will never leave you nor forsake you.

metweezer
10-08-2011, 08:36 AM
May the good Lord bless both the boy and his mom and return this family to health. Amen.

Wayne Smith
10-08-2011, 08:46 AM
God don't owe me a thing, but He answers prayers. His will, not mine, and I often don't understand it. Prayers going up.

timkelley
10-08-2011, 09:01 AM
I am praying.

happyfast79
10-08-2011, 09:04 AM
Our God is a great God, and He owes no one anything , but we owe him everything
He numberd the stars and knows them by name, He knew us before we were concived.
When we deserve hatered and death He gives us live over flowing
In my darkest hours He lights up my soul and gives me joy
He loves me when i cant even love my self
For he is a great God ,

Prayers sent for this beautiful child

May Gods will be done in his life.

P.K.
10-08-2011, 09:19 AM
Prayers sent.

smoked turkey
10-08-2011, 10:42 AM
I read your request and it pulled at my heart strings in a powerful way too. I am praying.

square butte
10-08-2011, 12:26 PM
They have my prayers.

MT Gianni
10-08-2011, 02:23 PM
I hope that the mother and her son are both healing.

crabo
10-08-2011, 03:33 PM
Praying for the baby, the mother and father, and for you. That God will give everyone the grace and peace that is needed to get through this. We often don't understand what God's plan is, but one day it will all become clear.

This situation did not catch God by surprise. We just have to trust him, even though it makes no sense to us at this time.

Frank46
10-08-2011, 11:27 PM
Prayers are on their way. Frank

thebigmac
10-08-2011, 11:39 PM
Little Luke and his mom will be in my prayers tonight. Now,they go out to their
Dad.

Dirtdgger
10-09-2011, 08:02 AM
Matt 18-19 again, I tell you if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for it will be done for you by my father in heaven.

Prayers are out my friend.

firefly1957
10-09-2011, 08:28 AM
Dan no matter what you think you believe in GOD and you should be praying with the rest of us for your friends family. My prayers are sent may God bless your friends family and you for asking for help.

cabezaverde
10-15-2011, 02:07 PM
Little late seeing this, but I have lifted this situation up in prayer.

EDK
10-15-2011, 05:19 PM
Prayers sent for ALL OF YOU.

Dan Walker....you need to rent and study on the cable tv movie PURGATORY and listen to what the stagecoach (to heaven) driver said. "The CREATOR may be tough, but he ain't blind." It applies to a lot of us sinners.

MtGun44
10-15-2011, 05:51 PM
Sent, best wishes, too.

Bill

crabo
10-15-2011, 06:17 PM
Any update?

Recluse
10-15-2011, 06:50 PM
Dan,

God doesn't owe any of us anything because that's not the kind of relationship He wants. Instead, he listens to our prayers, our laughter, our frustrations and our heartbreak. Often times the way we express those things make us feel unworthy of asking God for favors.

But God doesn't care--He wants us to ask him.

Big prayers going out for your friend's little boy and his mom. Prayers for you and your friend as well.

You're a good man, Dan.

:coffee:

9.3X62AL
10-15-2011, 07:04 PM
This situation really struck a chord in me. I'm a mess after reading it, I guess when your heart overfills your eyes start running over. Thoughts and prayers outbound for Luke, his Mom, and his Dad.

Raunchy, nasty, tough old street cop. Yeah, right.......

swheeler
10-15-2011, 07:35 PM
Prayers sent, may God bless all.

50-170-700 sharps
10-15-2011, 07:38 PM
I pray that the child and his mother return to health. I also pray that the father is helped through this emotional time. God has all of us in his hands and will guide them through this time of struggling. I will continue to pray for all of them.
Jim

DanWalker
10-16-2011, 12:05 AM
JR is fading fast, and they don't expect him to last the weekend.
I buried my 15 year old beagle today too.
I guess God wanted a dog for the boy when he gets there.
I cried my tears for me when I buried my dog today. Now I ask you to ask God to grant me the strength I'll need to be there for my friend...

gandydancer
10-16-2011, 02:43 AM
Prayers sent. and also for the 4 legged kid with the fur coat. lost mine 18 years ago still breaks my heart. GD

gandydancer
10-16-2011, 02:46 AM
Prayers sent. and also for the 4 legged kid with the fur coat. lost mine 18 years ago still breaks my heart. GD

I like dogs better then most people.(GD) No dogs in heaven? then send me where they go. (will rogers)

nanuk
10-16-2011, 06:11 AM
I'll be out in the forest for about a week and Luke Scott JR will be in my thoughts

God gave Mankind free will, but the Innocents make no choices themselves!

Everyday, I will ask God to wrap Luke Scott JR in His Holy Spirit!
And I will ask God to ensure that what ever comes, whatever He decices, it will be the BEST for JR.

I will also offer up prayers for You, Daniel Walker, and for your un-named friends! Be strong!

God Bless Luke Scott JR, You and your friends!

'nuk

Bret4207
10-16-2011, 08:28 AM
My thoughts and prayers go out to all of you involved. And some pretty nasty thoughts go out to the "professionals" at the hospital involved.

DanWalker
10-16-2011, 09:45 PM
And the hits just keep coming....Wife's grandmother passed away this morning.
She's shopping for plane tickets. I have to leave to go back to my rig at 5 AM.
Thanks for all the support guys. It's deeply appreciated.

rockrat
10-16-2011, 10:15 PM
Prayers sent. I'll bet I can guess what happened. Same thing when my Daughter was being born, oxygen deprivation. She almost didn't make it. If the Doc had waited another minute, she wouldn't have. Think it did affect here eyesight, being deprived.

Keep us updated please

uncle joe
10-16-2011, 10:32 PM
Dan, we are all impotent without our Lord which holds all things together. I have been in a like state without another place to have a tube stuck. The Lord answered thousands of prayers for me and he will also for this child and mother. Our prayers are on the way.

WILCO
10-16-2011, 10:54 PM
I've never felt so damned impotent and useless in my entire life.

Hang tough Brother. Walked them same shoes many a mile like so many other folks. Never be afraid to call on the Lord yourself. Prayers sent.

scrapcan
10-17-2011, 11:44 AM
Dan,

Be careful on the way to the rig and while there. Let others know what is going on so you guys can be extra vigilant together as your mind has lots of things to keep track of right now.

Be Safe and Stay Strong.

DanWalker
10-24-2011, 08:54 AM
Thanks for all the support guys. I'm heading home tomorrow. I have a funeral to attend...
JR lost his struggle last night.
My friend is a tough as nails Irish cowboy. He's having to be strong for his heartbroken wife.
He won't be able to greive until she's ok. I have to go and be there for him when that time comes.

MT Gianni
10-24-2011, 10:19 AM
Thanks for letting us know Dan. Travel safe and share your thoughts well with your friend. A good friend is so important in life.

pmer
10-24-2011, 10:28 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about their loss. Lets lift them up in prayer so they can find the strength to continue and that their love will cary them through this hardest time. And that they will never meet this hardship again.

Bret4207
10-24-2011, 06:30 PM
I sure hope those folks and all affected can take some comfort in knowing the little guy is at peace and safe in the Hereafter. Same for Grandma. It's not fair, it's never fair. But it happens. Continued thoughts and prayers to you all.

45nut
10-24-2011, 06:49 PM
People keep telling me that God won't give us any more than we can handle,, but I do wish he didn't trust me so much.
Seem's He trusts you also Dan. Prayers to give you guidance and help.

P.K.
10-24-2011, 07:15 PM
Thanks for all the support guys. I'm heading home tomorrow. I have a funeral to attend...
JR lost his struggle last night.
My friend is a tough as nails Irish cowboy. He's having to be strong for his heartbroken wife.
He won't be able to greive until she's ok. I have to go and be there for him when that time comes.

Fair skies little guy, Heaven has another angel...

Recluse
10-24-2011, 09:13 PM
Dan,

Texas prayers for you, your wife and your friends.

The little boy is already taken care of in Heaven.

:coffee:

Dean D.
10-25-2011, 12:55 AM
Dan, I'm so sorry to hear this news. I'll be keeping you and your friends in my thoughts and prayers.

DanWalker
10-27-2011, 11:06 PM
And the hits just keep coming. Wife's uncle passed away last night from a heart attack. I swear, some days it feels like it's raining hammers....

OeldeWolf
10-28-2011, 12:10 AM
It may sound trite, but sometimes things just seem to all pile up. I have been through it a number of times. Stay in motion, it helps you get through to the other side of this sort of thing.