PDA

View Full Version : on the hunt for a carcano stock

adrians
10-06-2011, 07:54 PM
hi , i have had this carcano 91/38 "sported by you know who" for a while now ,well it's time to at least try and get it back to some kind of military dress.
as you can see the bolt handle was butchered ( got another body.) not a big deal.
but that stock is an embaressment.
the question is ,,,, as if you don't already know, where to get a short rifle stock and hand guard// bands ect.
any suggestions???. thanks and have a good night.
adrians.:twisted::violin::evil:

pwdr_burn
10-06-2011, 07:59 PM
i have a bunch of carcano brass if your interested

DCM
10-07-2011, 09:54 PM
Have you tried Sarco?

adrians
10-08-2011, 06:42 AM
DCM ,i was looking at various venders and sarco was THE last one i checked (for some reason the word sarco doesn't stick in my mind so its usually overlooked,)
anyway they have 3 in stock (mod38 short rifle,) so i put one in my cart, i hope it's still there when it's time to pay (couple of days -max),
iirc it was $44 something.
then went to Liberty tree and they have the handguards and bands,,ect.
hopefully i can make the purchases soon.
alltold the parts for me to get it somewhat "military" again would run just over $100.
i may be a sucker but i think i'm gonna go for it.
thanks for your input .
i must try to remmember the word sarco or put it in my bookmarks,yer thats it !
as a side note iv'e decided it's Enfield day at the range for me today:bigsmyl2:
regards adrians..:twisted:[smilie=w::evil:

DCM
10-08-2011, 06:29 PM
Glad I could help!

My wife has a 7.35 that has been in the hands of bubba. I have had an extensive love hate relationship with this thing. It has been neglected and abused so the barrel is very poor. On the other hand I love old mil rifles. Dave Emary of Hornady and I both disproved the old wives tales about these rifles being weak. He did it intentionally :shock:(he unsuccessfully tried to blow one up as a demonstration piece), me not so intentional. So the saga continues.

Is yours a 6.5mm or a 7.35mm?

adrians
10-09-2011, 10:15 AM
oh i forgot to mention,,, it's a 6.5,,, i "think it used to be a 91/38 short rifle.
this is my only italian firearm so i'm very nieve about them.
when it was "in one piece" i did shoot it and it is/was pretty darn accurate, the front sight has a brass bead, a later addition i'm sure, that bead is probably going to stay on if i ever get it back to it's former self[smilie=l:
DCM you have a great week.:twisted::coffee::evil:

rattletrap1970
02-26-2012, 07:37 AM
I'm looking for a stock for a M38 Carcano Short Rifle in 7.35x51. I just finished slow rust bluing it (some bubba did a full gun cold blue, that had to go) and after inspecting the barrel, it has one of the nicest brightest bores on any rifle I own. This is a keeper for sure, but the stock was hacked.

So.. I could use one if one comes up anywhere too.

GT27
02-26-2012, 10:13 AM
adrians,buy it quick from Sarco,the parts are drying up quickly on these,I got a full bolt from them in parts cost me a total of $34.00! They are selling the full bolts for $85.00 now!!!Limited supply!!!GT27

Jjed
02-26-2012, 10:31 AM
springfield sporters Penn run pa.
checkout there web site. I bought a carcano bolt from them a couple years ago.
http://ssporters.com/parts/carcano.htm

rattletrap1970
02-27-2012, 03:30 PM
I've been calling Springfield Sporters all day since they opened and can't get through.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Harter66
02-27-2012, 03:51 PM
I would cheerfully take either of your bubba stocks "to defray" your costs . I have a complete bbl'd action beautiful mirror like finish blueing ,no stock. It was dirt cheap though. Any stock at this point will be steller.