PDA

View Full Version : Not many lbs but a good score!

10 ga
10-06-2011, 01:31 PM
Stoped at one of my sources, small-antique-old equipment shop, and picked up a paint bucket about 4/5 full of lead stuff. Probably 15 lbs worth. Then the owner asked if I'd be interested in some solder they picked up at a yard sale, it was in a box of antique tools they bought. I answered sure I'm interested. Well it was a virgin 5# roll of 95-5, tin/antimony, and 4 1# rolls with 1 new and 3 bout 3/4 used of same stuff. Probably a total of 8#+. Well I said thats $8 for the lead and I'll give you $12 for the solder for $20 for the whole load. Deal done! Boy was I happy! Heck, I even found a pewter cup in a kitchen cabinet at home that my PITA stepbrother gave me for being in his wedding 12 years ago. That wedding was on the second saturday of hunting season and I'll never forget how pissed I was about Dad throwing a fit, I really don't like my step mother much less her spawn, that my full bro. and I were not planning to attend much less be ushers. Marriage only lasted 1.5 years. Step bro still a PITA and I look forward to making some coins with that cup next smelt. Best luck to all! 10 ga

VA Shooter
10-06-2011, 02:52 PM
Nice score and funny stepbro story