PDA

View Full Version : Bringing home a new friend tomorrow

grubbylabs
10-06-2011, 01:48 AM
Well some of you may remember a short while back I sold my 444 to buy a pup that we were going to keep and train and breed to our stud dog. Well things changed and I wound up selling her. She is going to her new home tomorrow for over 300 more than I paid for her.

I am using the money to replace my 444 with a new marlin 45/70. I found a shop close by that has one for just over 500.00 so I am going to pick it up tomorrow before it goes to some one else. I can't wait to get a mold and some brass so I can start casting some rounds for it.

10-06-2011, 06:23 AM
Lots of good moulds to choose from. My favorite is the 460420 from a group buy here. Flat meplat and it's good from everything I've shot it in.

EDK
10-06-2011, 10:48 PM
Get a RANCH DOG in the weight you like...I prefer the 350 grain range...got a plain base for my target shooting, etc. Get a .460+ push thru die from RANCH DOG and use his new method of lubing with LLA.

I've been buying once fired brass off gunbroker for quite awhile. Nuts4bolts is a good guy and has a little bit...one of his pictures showed a GRAIN BIN full of 45/70 brass and a SCOOP SHOVEL. Watch the shipping prices as well as what the item costs.

:Fire::cbpour::redneck:

crabo
10-07-2011, 12:54 AM
Lots of good moulds to choose from. My favorite is the 460420 from a group buy here. Flat meplat and it's good from everything I've shot it in.

That's what I'm talking about! Plain based and doesn't need a gas check.