PDA

View Full Version : RCBS Pro Melt Question

Treetop
10-05-2011, 11:46 PM
Does anyone know the inside diameter of the bottom pour spout on the Pro Melt? I think mine is "gunked up". I would like to know the proper drill diameter to use so I won't ruin the spout. Thanks, Tt.

bobthenailer
10-06-2011, 07:45 AM
If your pot is dripping or cloged up from the spout? heat up the pot to normal temp and pour out the lead by pouring it from the top of the pot into something metal and will fit in the pot to remelt later as when useing for the first time instructions state, then remove the spout metering rod / valve & take a look at the holes diameter also use some lapping compound and lap the metering rod/ valve into the inside valve seat of the pot to help eliminate dripping.

cajun shooter
10-08-2011, 09:51 AM
The best way is to empty your pot and then use a propane torch to make sure the spout is free of lead. The thermostat temp gauge is on the bottom of your pot next to the spout. Find yourself a welding tip cleaner and after finding the correct size you will have your answer. You could also call the Tech department and ask them to help you.