PDA

View Full Version : Freedom Group

quilbilly
10-05-2011, 11:24 PM
There is a rumor floating around that the Cerberus Group is a major player in the ownership of the Freedom Group. The Freedom Group is the outfit that is buying up a lot of the firearms manufacturers in the U.S. The Cerberus group is a Soros operation as I understand it.
Does anyone know anything about this? I really hope this rumor is garbage.

KYCaster
10-06-2011, 10:54 PM
Don't know about the Freedom Group but Cerberus owns Remington, Marlin, DPMS, Bushmaster and a couple others I don't recall right now.

I don't know if it means anything or not, but I have to wonder about the motives of someone who would name one of the world's largest holding companies after the three-headed dog that guards the gates of hell. Is that a hint...or just poor judgment?

:confused:

Jerry

P.S. Maybe it doesn't matter since Hercules killed Cerberus to gain entry to the underworld....so the company is named after a DEAD three-headed dog. :twisted:

45nut
10-06-2011, 11:06 PM
Dan Quayle,, the ex vp is on the board of that group.

P.K.
10-06-2011, 11:15 PM
I doubt that Soros is involved DIRECTLY. He may well be involved from a $$$ standpoint but would NEVER be linked directly. Soros is the primary backer to you know who and would NEVER have his name linked to gun mfr/companies. He's got enough problems with Fast and Furious, and worried about his Nobel Peace Prize winner getting a firm footing for 2012, something he'll never do hopefully.

shovel80
10-06-2011, 11:24 PM
I just read today where someone wrote that Soros may be buying up all the firearms Companies in order to Keep from saleing too the Public!...

Terry

JesterGrin_1
10-07-2011, 11:59 AM
With regret I have to inform you that this is BAD. Many problems with Bushmaster now. And I would not purchase a new Marlin Lever Gun anything. They have had so many problems with the Lever Guns that they stopped production for the year.

But take heart there are many good used Marlins out there. :)

Adam10mm
10-08-2011, 02:10 AM
I just read today where someone wrote that Soros may be buying up all the firearms Companies in order to Keep from saleing too the Public!...

Terry
Good. He can buy my firearm manufacturing company too.

Adam10mm
10-08-2011, 02:13 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_Group

Freedom Group is an American firearms manufacturer holding company. It was founded in 1816 note they are using Remington Arms Company's founding date as their (Freedom group) date of formation, which is misleading) and has since acquired notable brands such as Bushmaster, DPMS, and Remington Arms.[2]
Freedom Group is owned by Cerberus Capital Management, a private equity investment firm.
[edit]Companies

Remington Arms
Bushmaster Firearms International
DPMS Panther Arms
Marlin
H & R Firearms
NEF
Dakota Arms
LC Smith
Parker
AAC – Advanced Armament Corporation
Barnes Bullets
EOTAC
INTC

Adam10mm
10-08-2011, 02:18 AM

Terry
That would be stupid. Civilians buy more firearms than government and LE. Businesses are in it to profit. By not selling to civilians they can kiss about 80% of their revenue good-bye.

runfiverun
10-08-2011, 01:57 PM
sometimes it's about the ideals not the revenue.
there's much more money to be made elsewhere.
besides that what you gonna fight with if your 870 has a finite number of shots on the firing pin [or springs] and you've been using it for hunting the last 10 years?

quilbilly
10-08-2011, 03:32 PM
This is what I have been afraid of since I heard that rumor (apparently not a rumor) about Cererus involvement. The good news is that when the revolution comes, most of the U.S.'s Marxist revolutionaries (those currently picketing Wall Street et. al and their Party supporters) don't own guns and will have to buy them from Cerberus companies. We counter-revolutionaries will own the guns that work and cast our own boolits.

shooter93
10-08-2011, 07:07 PM
Sales to the public are not a gun manufacturer's primary revenue. No firearms company has been able to stay afloat without Government contracts which are often from foreign governments. The mighty Winchester was through it more than one as an example and was on the brink of bankruptcy just after the civil war and managed to land a contract with Turkey for it's 1873 model. Colt spent most of it's time scrambling for business over seas and contracts from England bailed them out more than once and the AR contract came along as a savior in the 50's-60's. I can't stand Soros but it's likely he doesn't have much control over corporate policies.

hiram1
10-08-2011, 10:28 PM
Soros.sucks to

Adam10mm
10-08-2011, 10:38 PM
Sales to the public are not a gun manufacturer's primary revenue.
That is false. I've been in the industry since 2006 and have spoken with not a single manufacturer that makes firearms for both government/military and civilian sales state that government/military is more revenue than civilian.

No firearms company has been able to stay afloat without Government contracts which are often from foreign governments.

Hi Point
Stag Arms and dozens of smaller AR15 companies
Lauer Custom Weaponry
H&R
NEF
Thompson Center
Ruger
Henry Rifles
Marlin
CMMG

All those companies never had government contracts and they are doing quite well. Have been for many years, some of those several decades.

maglvr
10-09-2011, 04:59 AM

Terry

I'm all for anything that stops manufacturers from selling garbage guns.
If that means someone buys them up and closes them down, so be it! Certainly no loss there!
And after they weld the factory doors closed it will create room for new growth, and we will see firearms of American made quality once again, as some new manufacturers open their doors to a quality-starved market!
I haven't purchased a new gun in 12+ years, nor would I take one as a gift if I had to keep it!
Out with trash, in with quality!! ;)

P.K.
10-09-2011, 07:35 AM
I'm all for anything that stops manufacturers from selling garbage guns.

Lack of sales will do that and word of mouth will accomplish it w/o the loss of jobs.

If that means someone buys them up and closes them down, so be it! Certainly no loss there!
See above and think of more unemployment $$$. What are we up to? 99 days of benies now?

And after they weld the factory doors closed it will create room for new growth, and we will see firearms of American made quality once again, as some new manufacturers open their doors to a quality-starved market!

I sincearly doubt that. Certain parties have tried to strangle the 2nd Ammd. and Arms companies for years. Once a company goes under unless it has instant name recognition the world over it ain't coming back. As for new start ups, how long is it going to take for them to get positive feedback and get past the initial recalls w/o being instantly trashed by folks like us on Al Gores wonderful creation?

I haven't purchased a new gun in 12+ years, nor would I take one as a gift if I had to keep it!
Out with trash, in with quality!! ;)

O-k, good to hear your happy with what you have. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I on the other hand will prolly pick one hopefully more up a year to keep "quality" gunmakers like Ruger in business for years to come.

andremajic
10-09-2011, 09:44 AM
There are plenty of smaller companies chomping at the bit to get new customers. That's why free market enterprise works.

It's impossible to have a "monopoly" in free markets, because as soon as someone can produce a better quality product, lower priced products, or a better way of doing things, they get the customers from the monopolies. That's why business monopolies are sophisms.

There's an obstacle that needs to be overcome, and someone, somewhere has the solution. If there's a need, there's a way.

The only way a company can monopolise something is through corruption of the laws. I.E. Legalized plunder.

Andy.

felix
10-09-2011, 10:27 AM
I.E. Legalized plunder: abortion in a nutshell. Within the hour of being pres, the man funded planned parenthood as his first executive order. Who's behind that? The name has been mentioned already. Free enterprise? Not any more. ... felix

P.K.
10-09-2011, 11:04 PM
I.E. Legalized plunder: abortion in a nutshell. Within the hour of being pres, the man funded planned parenthood as his first executive order. Who's behind that? The name has been mentioned already. Free enterprise? Not any more. ... felix

I'm sleeping a little better knowing we are almost a year away. What still keeps me awake is as the moment draws near, what will a radical do with that type of pen?

Shoot less load more untill the day after that Tues. in November 2012....

GREENCOUNTYPETE
10-10-2011, 11:02 AM
Lack of sales will do that and word of mouth will accomplish it w/o the loss of jobs.

See above and think of more unemployment $$$. What are we up to? 99 days of benies now?

99 weeks just shy of 2 years , a friend recently landed a job after 51 weeks , very sad situation , he was working at it every week to find a job ,phone interviews,first second sometimes third interviews.

it certainly was seeming that because he was over the 45 number for age companies were less interested in him.

he was a good worker i worked with him he and my supervisor and 1/4 of all our employees got laid off the same day. haven't hired back anyone yet , doesn't look likely they will for some time.

my old sup still hasn't found a full time job , but he is very close to 60 , that makes it extra difficult.

P.K.
10-11-2011, 10:46 AM
99 weeks just shy of 2 years , a friend recently landed a job after 51 weeks , very sad situation , he was working at it every week to find a job ,phone interviews,first second sometimes third interviews.

it certainly was seeming that because he was over the 45 number for age companies were less interested in him.

he was a good worker i worked with him he and my supervisor and 1/4 of all our employees got laid off the same day. haven't hired back anyone yet , doesn't look likely they will for some time.

my old sup still hasn't found a full time job , but he is very close to 60 , that makes it extra difficult.

My mistake, thanks for the correction. Good to hear about the persiverance(sp?) of your friend and a fine example of a man willing to work. He's lucky, years ago it was age that usually a DQ'er for most. Now it's being unemployed also. Some employers won't even consider candidates if they are not currently holding a job elsewhere. One such I had the unpleasant experiance of meeting at a job fair plainly told me the application wen't in the cicular file if ones status was "unemployed" because in his eyes if someone couldn't be gainfully employed they were "incompetant or untrustworthy."

44man
10-18-2011, 09:55 AM
I just read my new bullet points and they say the rumor is NOT TRUE. Soros is not involved.

ErikO
10-19-2011, 10:06 AM
This is what I have been afraid of since I heard that rumor (apparently not a rumor) about Cererus involvement. The good news is that when the revolution comes, most of the U.S.'s Marxist revolutionaries (those currently picketing Wall Street et. al and their Party supporters) don't own guns and will have to buy them from Cerberus companies. We counter-revolutionaries will own the guns that work and cast our own boolits.

Believe whatever tripe you want. There is no shortage of CCW amongst the Occupiers. ;) I have this on good first-hand knowledge...

I certainly hope that push doesn't come to shove from this quarter. Ever wonder why there are so many gun owners that aren't paying dues to the NRA-ILA? Dwell on that one for a while.

waksupi
10-19-2011, 10:48 AM
I certainly hope that push doesn't come to shove from this quarter. Ever wonder why there are so many gun owners that aren't paying dues to the NRA-ILA? Dwell on that one for a while.

I had considered that long ago. I figure it is because some are afraid of having their name on a list. If they are afraid of that, I am afraid of having them back me up in any sticky situation, as they have proved their selves cowards. That means they wouldn't be there when needed.

P.K.
10-19-2011, 11:56 AM
I had considered that long ago. I figure it is because some are afraid of having their name on a list. If they are afraid of that, I am afraid of having them back me up in any sticky situation, as they have proved their selves cowards. That means they wouldn't be there when needed.

Hear, hear. Not to mention a patriot is proud to stand and be counted. Besides, 3/4's or more of the "foil hat" stay off the list crowd arn't half as smart as they think they are.

"I'll use my super store card and get 10% off all this stuff." :-?