PDA

View Full Version : It Followed me home, honest!

KCSO
02-05-2007, 10:25 AM
As I walked through a small local gun show yesterday I met up with an old guy with a sack in hand. I asked what he was selling and he brought out a NEW Smith and Wesson M31 32 revolver. He was asking a fair price and the dealers were trying to convince him to give the gun away. I whipped out the cash and went home with a really nice 32 pistol. With my 32 Long loads of a Lee soupcan sized at 312 and 3.3 of Unique the gun puts all 6 inside a playing card at 25 yards. This should make a nice rabbit gun and a woods walker.

TDB9901
02-05-2007, 10:42 AM
When you're hot you're hot........great little Smith's.

Bret4207
02-05-2007, 11:53 AM
KCSO- I hate you, you lucky dog. I'll bet it's got the 3" barrel too?

KCSO
02-05-2007, 12:17 PM
Yes and under 3 bills too!

Buckshot
02-05-2007, 01:52 PM
...............Must be nice to live in a state with no private party transfer restrictions. Heres your money and here's your gun, sigh.

.................Buckshot

45nut
02-05-2007, 02:05 PM
...............Must be nice to live in a state with no private party transfer restrictions. Heres your money and here's your gun, sigh.

The way it oughta be everywhere...as it is here in Oregon and obviously Nebraska.[smilie=1:
Congrats on the new S&W.

Scrounger
02-05-2007, 03:17 PM
It's that way right next door to you in Nevada, Rick. Also, when you get your CCW, it's that way with dealers too. They copy your CCW so there is no background check or fee for same; all you got to do is fill out the federal form (4473). Just follow Al to Winnemucca...

DanWalker
02-06-2007, 03:00 AM

Ever thought about immigrating to the United States?

KCSO
02-06-2007, 10:18 AM
Now here;s the kicker, even if Buckshott wanted a M31 and had the money he couldn't have it in California. It isn't approved! Hey I got a K38 marked LAPD a while back and it came witha tag that said not to be shipped to CA. A LAPD gun that couldn't go home. I think CA is really part of Canada uh, and no one has told us yet.

Scrounger
02-06-2007, 01:00 PM
Not completely correct, KCSO. California law only limits the models dealers are allowed to stock and sell. Private parties are allowed to sell the 'not-allowed-models' to other private parties, and of course such sales are required to be documented by a licensed dealer, with both the dealer and the state collecting fees for it. I expect sometime soon they're going to realize there is money to be made in licensing illegal drug users and sellers.... Can you imagine stopping some guy with half a key of coke on him and having him pull out a state issued permit to sell?

9.3X62AL
02-06-2007, 05:25 PM
Scrounger nailed it. A LOT of CA dealers now offer "consigned" firearms, or private-party sales in which the dealer takes a pretty hefty chunk of the purchase price. Some small shops have more consigned guns than new guns for sale. While this enables dealers to recoup the revenue stream they lost when used handgun sales all but dried up, it obliges California gun owners to take a real hit when selling a handgun to another private person.

What a place.

Those 3" Model 31's are really sweet. I had one some years back, and regret having sold it. It was a good little woods-bumming companion. It was also the firearm purchase that prompted me to start casting boolits--in order to have projectiles to feed it. 32 caliber bullets were few and far between in 1980 as reloading components.

Dale53
02-06-2007, 05:55 PM
I have a 631 4" in .32 H&R. It is so light and compact that it is a true pleasure to carry. I have a S&W stainless 3" target sighted .38 Chiefs Special, also. It is a wonder to see how well those little suckers with shoot.

That little 631 4" has kind of spoiled me for my little .32 S&W L 2" snub nosed revolver. I have hardly shot it since I brought home the 631.

Dale53

Nueces
02-07-2007, 12:07 AM
I have the same trio, Dale, and the same experience with packability and accuracy. I keep the little 2" Smith happy with a diet of #0 buckshot loads, ala George Nonte.

Dale53
02-07-2007, 01:52 AM
You know what they say, Nueces, "Great minds travel in like circles"[smilie=1:

Dale53

Nueces
02-07-2007, 02:31 PM
Yeah, I spin around all the time....[smilie=1: :mrgreen: