PDA

View Full Version : Brain freeze or just getting old

hornady
10-05-2011, 07:31 AM
I picked up a Mauser 95 In 7MM, first shot at casting and loading this caliber, so I get my order together, Dies, gas checks, mold, sizer die, M-die, and brass. Everything came. I cleaned and tuned the new Lyman mold, fired the lead pot up. Cast about 100 beautiful bullets, let them set over night, and went to size and seat the GCs.put the lube/size die in the Lyman 450, One item missing. No top punch. I went back and checked my order with Midsouth. I never ordered one, I still can not figure how I forgot to put it in the order. Not the end of the world, Graff has 7X57 brass on sale, a little higher on the top punch than Midsouth. So now looking for the FedEx truck to show up.

Calamity Jake
10-05-2011, 08:58 AM
Yap, been there, done that!!!

1bluehorse
10-05-2011, 12:49 PM
I picked up a Mauser 95 In 7MM, first shot at casting and loading this caliber, so I get my order together, Dies, gas checks, mold, sizer die, M-die, and brass. Everything came. I cleaned and tuned the new Lyman mold, fired the lead pot up. Cast about 100 beautiful bullets, let them set over night, and went to size and seat the GCs.put the lube/size die in the Lyman 450, One item missing. No top punch. I went back and checked my order with Midsouth. I never ordered one, I still can not figure how I forgot to put it in the order. Not the end of the world, Graff has 7X57 brass on sale, a little higher on the top punch than Midsouth. So now looking for the FedEx truck to show up.

Pfffhhhtttt, sounds pretty darn normal to me....

SSGOldfart
10-05-2011, 06:52 PM
always one little part

Hickory
10-05-2011, 07:02 PM
Let us know how your doing in 10 years.

Heck, you probably for get. :kidding:

a.squibload
10-05-2011, 11:59 PM
I finally got a 357 sizer die (from Swappin & Sellin), realized I only have one top punch.
44 SWC punch works on 357 boolit if you put pliers between 'em to push it all the way in...:???:

Ordered more punches from theperfessor, not sure if he makes punches suitable for rifle boolits?

P.K.
10-06-2011, 10:04 AM
Pfffhhhtttt, sounds pretty darn normal to me....

+1!

Especially when you have little ones that only seem to want your attention when your doing something with $$$.;)

Sonnypie
10-06-2011, 10:42 AM
I'd say, "Just human."

When I ordered my Lee 6 banger mold, I forgot handles.
A week later I was ready to go.....[smilie=1:

cbrick
10-06-2011, 12:07 PM
That used to happen to me with shell holders. I'd get a new gun/caliber and order brass, molds, sizers etc, everything needed to cast & load for the new caliber.

All set and ready to load, ah sh*t . . . no shell holder. Never again, whenever I put in an order for something I would add a couple of shell holders that I didn't have. In time I got most all of them, RCBS #1 through #45. Some I'll probably never use (6.5MM x 50 Japanese Arisaka ?? # 15) but by golly now when I need one I've got it.

Rick

Moonman
10-09-2011, 06:21 AM
Yep, A missing or non existent shell holder can throw a wrench into your present plans. You need extras as I found out.

Char-Gar
10-14-2011, 06:53 PM
Well, I don't know how old your are, but there comes a time when we can't run on autopilot any more and need to make lists.

Crawdaddy
10-14-2011, 11:24 PM
Don't worry, you will forget that you forgot. The nice part about senility! :)

cbrick
10-14-2011, 11:30 PM
I've always heard that loosing your memory was the second worst thing, good thing I can't remember what was first.

Rick

saidnuff
10-20-2011, 01:26 AM
Well, I don't know how old your are, but there comes a time when we can't run on autopilot any more and need to make lists.

But then you forget where you put the list..

P.K.
10-20-2011, 08:11 AM
That used to happen to me with shell holders. I'd get a new gun/caliber and order brass, molds, sizers etc, everything needed to cast & load for the new caliber.

All set and ready to load, ah sh*t . . . no shell holder. Never again, whenever I put in an order for something I would add a couple of shell holders that I didn't have. In time I got most all of them, RCBS #1 through #45. Some I'll probably never use (6.5MM x 50 Japanese Arisaka ?? # 15) but by golly now when I need one I've got it.

Rick

That whole scenario is why I buy Lee dies when I can. Shell holder, dipper and data. Not much but enough to get you started and then some. My only gripe would be having to order a factory crimp seperatly or the tube style storage container.

Doc_Stihl
10-20-2011, 04:58 PM
I've been gathering components for a .300 win mag for a while now. Collecting up whatever brass I find at a good deal. Got a couple 30 caliber molds, gas checks, size dies, I even had a Hornady Modified case, and at this point don't own a 30 caliber anything.
Finally found a good deal on an encore barrel. Get it home, clean it, measure oal, chamber cast and check throat dimensions and sit down at the bench to load up 20 test rounds. No Dies.....

cbrick
10-20-2011, 07:21 PM
Finally found a good deal on an encore barrel. Get it home, clean it, measure oal, chamber cast and check throat dimensions and sit down at the bench to load up 20 test rounds. No Dies.....

Well, at least that's a problem very easily solved with the liberal application of . . .

Money! :holysheep

Rick

Bad Water Bill
10-21-2011, 01:58 AM
Kwit your complaining. If I forget something I am glad I am still above DIRT so I can figure how to get the problem solved.:bigsmyl2: