PDA

View Full Version : U.P. North Swage and Reloading Press (with adapter kit for CH-4D Dies with auto eject

u.p. north
10-04-2011, 03:31 PM
66231Promised I would get some pictures of this. Took a little bit of figuring to get it to work with the standard punches (shell holder style) and the modified punches (screw in). This is what I am going to offer for sale so far.

1. U.P. North Swage and Reloading Press. Makes swaging less of a chore and with fine Precision.

2. The Auto-Ejector System. Eject the Swaged projectile on the down stroke. This will work with the rockchucker press and other presses with a 1" ram.

3. Conversion Kit for CH-4D dies. Works with the factory stock dies(shell holder style punches) and the modified ones(threaded punches).

4. Both the Standard and Screw in Punches. These will be offered two ways (your choice), but both will me made of tool steel.
Unhardened-
Hardened -

5. Adjustable Core Molds

6. I am also now making [B]Jacket Trim Dies
Can also build them to trim your cartridge case jackets.
Here is a link to the vendor sponsor section with pictures and a description. http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?193746-Jacket-Tim-Dies-(-308-quot-)&p=2149358#post2149358

CURRENT UPDATED PRICES CAN BE FOUND IN THE VENDOR SPONSOR SECTION.
Here is the link http://castboolits.gunloads.com/forumdisplay.php?178-UP-North-Swaging-Tools-and-Presses

frank martinez
10-04-2011, 09:51 PM
Wow, that is a very large press! Looks great. If you could get some close-up photos it would help.
Frank

u.p. north
10-04-2011, 10:03 PM
Wow, that is a very large press! Looks great. If you could get some close-up photos it would help.
Frank
I will get some close ups tomorrow.
Thanks,
U.P. North

Adam10mm
10-05-2011, 12:25 AM
Where in the UP are you?

I'm in Laurium.

fivegunner
10-05-2011, 04:59 AM
:lovebooliWOW ! You sure do Great Work!!! :Fire::bigsmyl2:

AF FAL
10-05-2011, 05:15 AM
Soon as I get some extra money I will be getting a press from you! Gotta sell some receivers and parts first when I get back.

What caliber molds you plan to offer?

BTW, maybe this thread should be made a sticky if you plan to keep offering stuff.

man.electric
10-05-2011, 09:28 AM
I have the prototype press that UP made and it is a beast of brilliance. I swagged some 44 boolits down with ease and did some heavy sizing with no sign of stress on myself or the press.

ohnomrbillk
10-12-2011, 01:03 AM
Looks good, UP North. I'm saving my pennies

AF FAL
10-12-2011, 01:06 AM
Saving pennies? I am selling my kids!

u.p. north
11-13-2011, 10:24 AM
Deer season starts here on Tuesday November 15th. I will be out of the office!!!!!!!!!!!!!

u.p. north
12-01-2011, 09:08 PM
Not a very good deer season here in the U.P. . Out of four people hunting one spike horn shot (and not by me). Well guess I will get to go out with the muzzleloader this year. Or maybe try the late season ruffed grouse hunt (I am leaning more towards this). Got a .444 diameter point forming die cut today(for a blackpowder cartridge gun paper patched) and it turned out very well. Time to heat treat and lap it. I will keep you all posted on the die progress.

u.p. north
12-17-2011, 12:01 AM
Guys I will do a 10 percent discount on all new orders placed before the end of the year. Early Merry Christmas to you all.
Thanks,
U.P. North

DDriller
12-17-2011, 02:57 AM
Still have not received my ram I paid for 4 or 5 months ago.

u.p. north
12-17-2011, 11:37 AM
Still have not received my ram I paid for 4 or 5 months ago.

Ddriller,
I just sent you a private message.This will be resolved by the end of the week.

DukeInFlorida
12-18-2011, 03:30 PM
I'd like to know why... just curious.

DDriller
12-18-2011, 05:12 PM
I'd like to know why... just curious.

Tim has been very good about responding to emails and PM's. Initially (4/28) his phase convertor went out. 7/13 - should ship this week 9/26 - will ship Friday
11/28 - UPS delivered to wrong address. Was dropped and damaged.

Tim is going to send me the one out of his completed press. Should have it by next week an all will be good.

I am not complaining about taking so long. Things happen out of our control that delay things. I am use to waiting on parts as I do a lot of one off parts, custom barrels, swaging dies, and NFA stamps.

DukeInFlorida
12-18-2011, 05:18 PM
sounds good, and I'm glad it's all working out.

I'm the one that usually has all that bad luck. Glad someone else took over the Bad Luck Department.

I might be needing a swaging press at some point when my RockChucker stops doing what I need it to do.

u.p. north
12-18-2011, 05:53 PM
I am not a person that likes excuses, but when things happen out of our control I am very sorry. I have been putting alot of effort into this and hopefully it will pay off. I have got a optical comparator I picked up a month ago which really helps in the making of form tools and laps. I have been checking on a few machines to help the process out, but at the current sales rate getting them are a ways yet. Materials keep going up and up so in the end we all suffer on that. The core molds if you guys could give me the sizes needed, I could make them at a good price.

Reload3006
12-18-2011, 08:35 PM
I would be interested in one at .218 if the price is right.

u.p. north
01-04-2012, 08:46 PM
I got the press unboxed, but it's getting dark. I'll take pix tomorrow and post them.

I want to say that I've dealt with all types of machinery from pistols to tanks and artillery pieces my entire adult life, and I'm familiar with fabrication methods and can recognize quality work when I see it. Tim does top rate work IMHO, and I can heartily recommend him!

If anyone here has been sitting on the fence, it's time to fish or cut bait! This press is a massive machine, and should be easily capable of anything that a hand-operated press should be used for. here is the link http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=113800

Just figured I would post some of the feedback I have received.
I am finishing a press and dies for a fellow member on the forum.

20nickels
01-05-2012, 12:36 PM
UP, What is the distance from the top of the ram to the bottom of the top plate with the ram in it's "up" position. I want to use this press for reloading as well. Tks ahead.

u.p. north
01-06-2012, 12:57 PM
UP, What is the distance from the top of the ram to the bottom of the top plate with the ram in it's "up" position. I want to use this press for reloading as well. Tks ahead.

Here are the Dimensions from the bottom of the top plate to the top of the ram are.
Ram Up , Ram Down , Travel,
Swaging Mode 5.000" , 8.000" , 3",
Reloading Mode 3.500" , 9.500" , 6",

treysoucie
01-17-2012, 04:30 PM
im in the process of designing a 3 column version of this press specifically for reloading high precision 50 bmg loads and swaging 50 bmg and 458 socom bullets...

http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd342/p0opstlnksal0t/press1.jpg

this is a rough sketch thus far... will give details out when I verify this beefier press will work out ok....

once we get the ball rolling with this monster and Upnorth confirms the design we will try to get a group buy together possibly...

20nickels
01-18-2012, 03:43 PM
^^ I would likely be interested in a group buy pending the details of course. I'm interested as to how you arrived at the changes in the original design. Was there some play or flexing? I can see how the ram would run true (truer?) with more steel supporting it.

u.p. north
01-18-2012, 07:26 PM
Trey came across the design some place else. Your question on the flexing issue, there has been nobody that has reported any flexing. He wanted to know if I could build a three post press with a heavier toggle if he deigned it. The price on this design is a unknown as of now ,pending a materials list and cost of labor and shipping.

treysoucie
01-18-2012, 07:42 PM
I have not heard of any play or flexing as well. I arrived at this design based on a mixture of an italian made reloading press designed for sizing and reloading 50 bmg without even .001 of runout... I wanted to mix the high precision and very low tolerances/ thick metal design of that press with the swaging press on this board... allowing me to swage up to 800 gr 50 bmg bullets and even 600 gr subsonic 458 socom bullets.... Ive really only seen people using hyd. presses for such work, but Im a simple man, I would like reloading tools that dont rely on electricity to tun... kind of an off the grid mentality, lol...

it will indeed be a monster press!

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d150/oneshot1964/TREX007.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d150/oneshot1964/TREX004.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d150/oneshot1964/T%20REX/DSCN4085-1.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d150/oneshot1964/T%20REX/DSCN4084.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d150/oneshot1964/T%20REX/DSCN4082-1.jpg

legend
01-18-2012, 09:24 PM
Anyone who can design and build that press is hardly a "simple man".my hats off to you nice job!

MIBULLETS
01-18-2012, 10:01 PM
You need a good sturdy table for that thing. How much does it weigh? Nice press!

ovendoctor
01-18-2012, 10:50 PM
nice looking press U.P. North :drinks:

Doc.

20nickels
01-19-2012, 12:21 PM
That yeller press in the top pic looks like it would take out your hip walking by if you didn't see it sticking out in to the room, lol.
I'm sure UP's press is precise as is but overbuilding rarely hurts. To me more steel is only an issue when shipping and purchasing.
Looks like they have some sort of adapter in the ram. I think a LNL conversion bushing, if possible, would be a real time saver [smilie=1:

bfuller14
01-20-2012, 05:37 PM
UP North,
Will your press swage 50cal? I am interested in a press
for the 50 BMG.

Thank you Sir,
Barry

MightyThor
01-20-2012, 06:13 PM
I guess I can see how a three pillar press might be sturdy where the force to drive the ram is on the base plate and not the top plate, but in UPNorth's original design, where the toggle force is transferred all the way up to the top plate, I don't think a third pillar will add anything. I note that in all the presses shown you are still only using two rods to guide the ram. The third would only serve to locate and strengthen the top plate. An issue that does not appear to matter in those presses that hang the toggle from the top plate. Am I missing something? Not to say that heavier material won't apply more force, but I just don't see the purpose of the third rod or pillar in this design.

treysoucie
01-20-2012, 09:54 PM
bfuller, yes His original design has 6" of travel, with the proper ram and top plate threads for using ch4d, rcbs, 50 bmg dies and adapters...

mightThor. Like you said
The third would only serve to locate and strengthen the top plate.

I think it will be a stronger design to keep the top plate and full sizing/seating dies more securely positioned, especially where the force for the ram movement is transferred to the top plate. To me it would make a more precise tool especially in this type of design. Not to say the original is bad, but at least Ill have piece of mind knowing the top plate is not gonna tweak or move now. The extra material on the baseplate will also help keep the ram located more precisely on its upward travel...

treysoucie
01-23-2012, 12:30 PM
This design utilizes the 3 colums as guides to support the guide plate...

attached pdf's

MightyThor
01-23-2012, 06:35 PM
This design utilizes the 3 colums as guides to support the guide plate...

attached pdf's

This design makes more sense to me as far as what you were talking about. Three guide rods would certainly minimize any rotational misalignment that might occur on the ram. Still don't think it will alter the force on the top plate because that is all located at the die hole and where the two arms attach. Still, if you want it, build it. should be ubber strong.

treysoucie
01-23-2012, 06:47 PM
still messing with the design...

Might, no this will not have any effect on the amount of force transferred to the ram. that would take place at the toggle. I'm merely taking the original design, and beefing it up for higher precision.

Dannix
05-15-2012, 01:06 AM
I re-came across this thread...and I think this press just may become next year's Christmas wish list.

Come to think if it, it's rather amazing how much money and time I'm willing to invest to avoid buying commercial j-words...

mr mom
05-15-2012, 05:39 PM
howcome your not out walleye fishing ????? the kid called just befor noon and had 5 eyes a 2 pike . he is fishing the dead river :killingpc and im stuck in a shop down here... you guys in gods country have it made !!!!!!!!!

luober
05-16-2012, 12:12 PM
to treysoucie,
are you planning to build and sell some of those beautiful three post presses? if so, what do you figure the price will be? I'm not scared of the price, i've been swaging for 30 years and have learned to appreciate the beautiful machine work and tallent that goes into the tooling that this hobby demands.
what type of steel are they made of? if you don't plan on building any for sale, would it be possible to get a set of plans for them?
thanks,
luober

gvanzeggelaar
05-20-2012, 08:25 AM
Is Tim aka up north still around. I cant reach him by pm.

Lyrax
03-26-2013, 01:55 PM
Wow, trey I would love to see the plans on this one (the yellow and green ones). That is an amazing work of art their brother, simply amazing.

u.p. north
03-26-2013, 05:20 PM
Yes I am still around. Haven't heard a thing from Trey since his last post on here.
Thanks,
U.P. North

IllinoisCoyoteHunter
03-26-2013, 07:09 PM
Wow! Those are very nice. I, too, would like to see a set of detailed plans for those. Thanks!

phil3333
03-31-2013, 08:47 AM
this thread deserves more attention, are you still making swage presses?

u.p. north
03-31-2013, 09:16 AM
phil3333,
I am still making presses. Let me know if I can help you.
Thank You,
U.P. North

this thread deserves more attention, are you still making swage presses?

Racenviper
03-31-2013, 09:45 AM
U.P. North, you are the only person I see that uses nuts at the ends of your post. This method I much stronger the drilling the ends of the post for a smaller fastener. I have been wondering why someone would drill and then tap for a bolt, on a lathe, when cutting the threads on a smaller diameter would be simpler.

IllinoisCoyoteHunter
03-31-2013, 09:49 AM
UP, do you take paypal? Just curious as other folks may want to know. Thanks!

phil3333
03-31-2013, 10:12 AM
A better close up picture and an estimated time frame would be helpful

u.p. north
03-31-2013, 11:07 AM
I do accept paypal as long as you agree to pay the small 4 or 5% fee or what it is.
UP, do you take paypal? Just curious as other folks may want to know. Thanks!

u.p. north
03-31-2013, 11:22 AM
Here is a link to the press powder coated and a set of dies with sample projectiles.Time frame all depends on time of order and workload.An estimated time frame would be about three months for a press and dies. http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?146058-New-Press!&highlight=
A better close up picture and an estimated time frame would be helpful

hotbrew
04-01-2013, 03:03 PM
U.P. North,

I think, by the picture in your thread that you can make a press to take the corbin type dies. Do you make Richards Walnut Hill type dies? Do you have a price list for the dies? I'm interested in 7mm if you make them.

Is the price on your press still $575?

Thanks

u.p. north
04-04-2013, 07:41 PM
Hotbrew _____ Rce dies with the 7/8-14 threads will work I just have to make a adapter to accept the top punch in the top punch holder. AlaninWis is using the press I built him with Walnut Hill dies. I am currently working on some point forming dies starting tomorrow and some core swage dies. The press is $695.00 and that is powder coated,or $575.00 you take care of the finish...... U.P. North

U.P. North,

I think, by the picture in your thread that you can make a press to take the corbin type dies. Do you make Richards Walnut Hill type dies? Do you have a price list for the dies? I'm interested in 7mm if you make them.

Is the price on your press still $575?

Thanks

u.p. north
04-12-2013, 08:43 PM
What kind of interest would there be in .22 cal trim dies? ....... U.P. North

You can post your interest here at this link: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?193746-Jacket-Tim-Dies

u.p. north
05-15-2013, 03:58 PM
$110.00 Delivered I am know offering .22 cal derimming dies. The jackets measure at .222" and other sizes can be made also, just ask. Here are some pictures..... U.P. North

R.Ph. 380
05-16-2013, 01:12 AM
Very pretty. Those are nicely smooth. Close tolerances make for really nice jackets. Sent my order for a press day before yesterday.

Bill

treysoucie
06-12-2013, 08:02 PM
sorry guys. Ive been overseas and put that design on hold. I'm not sure if it will be monetarily possible to move forward but I may respark it up and contact UP North on the matter depending on cost.

cruisor
06-21-2013, 06:31 PM
Hello,

I just recently have become interested in jacketed swaged bullets. Particurlarly for my 32-40 rifle. I gather there is a set of plans available for your press. Is it possible to get a set of these to myself?

Regards,

Lee

Rick45Colt
06-23-2013, 12:11 AM
I recently started casting but I also started looking at swaging and have been looking at videos, etc trying to really learn the process before spending any money. So I have seen where several people talk about the CH-4D swaging dies. After several sessions of really looking over t,heir website and not finding swaging dies I called them. According to the lady that answered the phone they are not making swaging dies right now. What gives?

cruisor
06-23-2013, 08:52 PM
I inquired about swaging dies as well and was told that they will no longer be making swaging dies. Sad as they do make great reloading tools.

u.p. north
08-07-2013, 04:25 PM
I inquired about swaging dies as well and was told that they will no longer be making swaging dies. Sad as they do make great reloading tools.

Sorry about not replying sooner. I can only speculate why CH is no longer offering swaging dies. I guess you will only have to believe what they told you. I am currently in the process of finishing up some orders, and will be accepting new orders for presses and other swaging tools. Also I finished the design works on a smaller press, and will be offering them also. Here is a link to my Vendor Sponsor page if you are interested:http://castboolits.gunloads.com/forumdisplay.php?178-UP-North-Swaging-Tools-and-Presses
Thank You,
U.P. North

chaoticmachinery
01-25-2014, 09:12 PM
U.P. North,

Are you still making these?

I`d like to pick one up.

Rumrunner64
01-27-2014, 01:56 AM
Tim you still alive?
Has anyone heard him?
Ive been trying to get ahold of him for three weeks now.

Rumrunner64
01-27-2014, 11:52 PM
Does any one live by Tim? He seems to be missing in action.
Thanks Rob

RLW
01-28-2014, 01:04 AM
Hmm, I have been lurking on this site for a while and I hate for this to be my first post. I am a little worried myself is I have ordered some stuff from him as well. I emailed him a few weeks ago about one of the items and no response. I see that in the past he has gone for long stretches without posting on the forum so who knows.

Rumrunner64
01-28-2014, 01:11 AM
But he normally reply to his email within a day or two.

R.Ph. 380
01-28-2014, 01:14 AM
But he normally reply to his email within a day or two.

It is a very,very cold time in the U.P. I'm going to give him a few days at least. I'm waiting on a press for a while now.

Bill

Rumrunner64
01-28-2014, 01:51 AM
PM sent

It is a very,very cold time in the U.P. I'm going to give him a few days at least. I'm waiting on a press for a while now.

Bill

u.p. north
01-30-2014, 05:43 PM
Hello everyone,

Yes I am still alive, barely. Have had some health issues and hope to be up on my feet again soon. I would like to thank everyone for their patience. The very cold weather is making it hard for me to even be in my shop.
Thank You,
Tim aka U.P. North

Alan in WI
01-31-2014, 01:27 PM
I paid him to make a nose die for me and he made the wrong nose die. I offered to pay half for him to make the correct one even though it wasn't my fault. I sent back the original nose die and it has been almost 2 years. I contacted him just after Christmas and asked him to please return the original die and I was going to have Corbin make the correct die and that waiting two years was unacceptable. I am still waiting for him to ship back that die and it's been a month. I supported him when he started out by purchasing a press from him. He made me a core die for a 45 caliber paper patched bullet. I wanted a nose die for a hunting bullet and one for target. He did a pretty good job on the hunting bullet but made the wrong nose on the target. He told me I would have a year ago. So I gave up on him when it turned into two years. The way it looks I may not see the die I paid him for. By the way, all of those pictures you see posted, I sent to him to help him out.
Alan from Wisconsin.

Rumrunner64
01-31-2014, 01:34 PM
Tim are you going to return your emails or phone messages?

Theditchman
01-31-2014, 03:38 PM
UP North (Tim) has about $500 deposit from me for a new press...I have spoken to tim a cpl times on the phone and he always seems like a stand up guy to me...so...If you need my money for propane or food or medicine to keep you alive then good luck to you buddy and don't worry about me...God bless you and take care of yourself...I can always get more money (I hope)

Alan in WI
02-06-2014, 11:45 PM
Ok, so let's all send Tim $500.00 because he may be having a hard time. The reason I started doing business with him is because I realize how times can be tough in some parts especially Upper Michigan. I contracted with him for a press and a .45 caliber core die and two nose dies for the 45 caliber. In the meantime I had him make me a core mold for the 45caliber bullets. I paid him. He is holding a die I returned to him because it wasn't right. All I am requesting is that he return that die to me. I paid for it, it is finished, he has it and is not sending it back. I am sorry Tim that you could not complete my order in two years. But I just got tied of waiting. Corbin gave me a delivery date of sometime in March. So that order is a new core die, a nose die and two base punches. All you had to make for me is a new nose die. Two years?

Alan

Prospector Howard
02-07-2014, 10:22 AM
This seems to be a real problem around here. Paying people big deposits, and then not getting what you paid for. We have two ongoing threads about this right now and it's pretty ridiculous. That other guy at H-G seems to be a deadbeat, this Up North guy seems to have health problems; who knows. And don't forget about that Colt guy (Mr. spiderbite). It seems to me that if someone wants to honestly sell dies and tools to the public, they should not be asking for a huge deposit up front. If the person placing the order changes his mind, that's part of doing business. You just sell the item to someone else. It's not like there's a lack of demand for this stuff. Personally I'd never pay anything up front, especially big bucks in the hundreds of dollars; and then wait a year or two or more for something. ANYTHING could happen to the person you're doing business with in that amount of time, and then you're ship out of luck. You're really taking a big risk in doing business that way, and I wouldn't do it. This is a lesson to anyone out there considering sending you're hard earned money to someone up front before he has even started making your tools, you're just gambling at that point. The person may start out to be as honest as the day is long but again, ANYTHING can happen in years amount of time. If people don't like what I have to say, then fine; send you're money and take your chances.

R.Ph. 380
02-07-2014, 12:07 PM
Tim
I've been trying to get my press I ordered for about 10 months now. I know, there are 5 or 6 guys I've heard from that have been on the hook for longer than that. To my way of thinking, the site shouldn't have a vendor sponsor in good standing who is this far into people's wallets (I estimate at about $5,000.00). I ask Tim at this time to please refund my $880.00 the way I sent it to him, as a Money Order so I can move on and get a needed piece of machinery, I ordered in good faith. In the 10 months since I ordered, I have had some health issues also, and believe me, that $880.00 would have come in very handy. Your impersonal note in your Vendor thread :

My response to you all waiting for product is you will all recieve your things once I am able to get in the shop. I am not going to write a lengthy apology or excuses. I have a medical issue and I think some people could show a little respect on that. I know I do when someone tells me they have a problem .
Thank You,
Tim ( U.P. North)

is actually insulting to me as a fellow member here inferring that I have no feelings because someone else has a health issue.

Tim, since the press you are making for me is in essence complete and just needs at the most 1 or 2 week's work. (That's what you have been saying for the last few months) I bet a good heater, a warm shop, let the warm soak in and some hard work would be immensely therapeutic. Since you saw fit to not contact me by PM and tell me honestly what was going on and that I was just out of luck, I am very, very disappointed and my wife is furious. (this was to be her Birthday/anniversary present to me last June). She actually asked if we could press charges. I told her to wait your response here. So here goes. Can we expect the press in a short time, a refund in Postal Money Orders, or just some more excuses?

Now if the case is that you have to start over and start from scratch to build, then I need an honest estimate of actual time to produce or a rapid refund because I really, really need that (or another like it) press!

Rumrunner64
02-07-2014, 08:11 PM
Time to MAN UP Tim.
Send out the presses you owe us or send the cash back.
You quoted 1 1/2 to 2 months its been 8 months. You told me 1 1/2 months ago it would be done at the end of the week. It is hard time all over the place.

Alan in WI
02-09-2014, 11:44 PM
Hi Tim,
I am asking you one more time, Please send my die back. I paid you for it. It is finished and ready to ship. If you cannot afford to pay for shipping let me know the cost, or send it COD. I would appreciate getting it back. For those of you who do not know what happened with this die, Tim made the wrong nose die. The die that I received would not produce a good bullet. So I sent it back with the understanding he, (Tim) would manufacture the correct bullet nose die. I offered to pay half even though it was NOT my error. After waiting two years to receive the correct nose die, I requested that he (Tim) return the nose die that he made that was not what I order but was paid for. That was on December 26th. It is now February 9th and I have not received the die that was finished and paifor. If I do not hear from you, (Tim), I will write this off as a bad encounter and I will respectfully put on notice anyone else who is considering placing an order with you.

Respectfully,

Alan Scott
Portage, WI

u.p. north
02-10-2014, 04:37 AM
Alan,

Alan,
As I have told you in private message I am intending on getting it back to you. I will get it shipped this week. I don't know what happened to the die after you picked it up as we made some projectile together with it. I did get you that new core swage die made as promised and just about had the new nose die completed when you decided to go with Corbin to make you a new one. You have changed your mind on size and and who was going to make it a couple of times, I guess I should be sorry for that. I have made three different sets of reamers to cut the nose shape not including the original. As I said though I will get your die out this week and will consider this matter over with...... Sincerely, Tim

Hi Tim,
I am asking you one more time, Please send my die back. I paid you for it. It is finished and ready to ship. If you cannot afford to pay for shipping let me know the cost, or send it COD. I would appreciate getting it back. For those of you who do not know what happened with this die, Tim made the wrong nose die. The die that I received would not produce a good bullet. So I sent it back with the understanding he, (Tim) would manufacture the correct bullet nose die. I offered to pay half even though it was NOT my error. After waiting two years to receive the correct nose die, I requested that he (Tim) return the nose die that he made that was not what I order but was paid for. That was on December 26th. It is now February 9th and I have not received the die that was finished and paifor. If I do not hear from you, (Tim), I will write this off as a bad encounter and I will respectfully put on notice anyone else who is considering placing an order with you.

Respectfully,

Alan Scott
Portage, WI

u.p. north
02-15-2014, 12:13 PM
I am starting to feel better and hope to be back at it in the coming few weeks. I would like to say thank you all for your patience and kindness it really means alot to me. We have a great forum here and would like to thank everyone who contributes and also a special thanks to all who make the site possible.... U.P. North

Also would like to say got a few things taken care of and shipped out. Also when I am ready to ship I either send a pm or email to let the customer know there product is on the way.

u.p. north
02-25-2014, 12:00 PM
I am going to start offering products that are only in stock items. I am going to run batches of different items in the 6-12 each and offer them up for sale. Also I am going to be offering reamer blanks made from 01 tool steel for the home shop do it yourselfer that is planning on making there own swage dies. I can also make matching laps out of leaded steel to match the blanks with the ogive cut on them from the same program. I posted about this in the ogive cutting on a lathe thread. I am going to run a March special on items of 10% off on all items. This will be a first come first serve basis and will only be considered sold when the item has been paid for. I have been burned a couple of times in the last year on people saying this and doing different. U.P. North

Rumrunner64
02-25-2014, 04:22 PM
I sure hope you will ship out your back orders first.

u.p. north
02-25-2014, 04:33 PM
The back orders or current orders are top priority you can call it what you want. I am going to do this so as to speak so there are no more threads or posts started like this. You know a person can not help if they end up with a illness and you be up front with your customers about this as it is happening. I think some people could instead of posting on here instead send a private message. This way it could be resolved more quickly and with less hard feelings. So please if any of you have anything to say private message me or email me. Most have my phone number hell give me a call I am a personable person. Although we may end up talking on the phone for to long. Please just email or private message and it will be answered within a day or two.
Sincerely,
U.P. North

I sure hope you will ship out your back orders first.

u.p. north
02-28-2014, 10:01 PM
Had a really good week working on the current batch of presses. Everthing turned out perfectly and I am very happy for that. We are back in to a frigid cold snap that is supposed to go into next weekend. I think if everything goes as planned I will have them done by the end of next weeked. Been working hard on them and need to get them finished up to my likings before they can be shipped. Just have a few small details to do on the mill and then finally some lathe work which I enjoy the most. Then they will be done. The powdercoater screwed up again and I think I am no longer going to offer them being powdercoated. I only have one person to do it locally and he just don't want to do it the way I want it. Gets powdercoating in places it shouldn't be and it causes me to go in and cut it out. His attitude is use a razor knife and get it out and it won't take you that long. Well I can say it adds about an extra four hours to fitting and test assembly. When everything is already fit perfectly before he receives it...... U.P. North

u.p. north
04-23-2014, 02:56 PM
Besides working on or making presses I have been building up inventory on different things. These are 22 caliber pinch trim dies for trimming your 22 caliber jackets to length. These particulay ones work on 22 cal. l.r. jackets. I will keep track of my inventory and list it in my vendor sponsor page. Best thing to do when you have an interest in something is private message me.
Thank You,
Tim (U.P. North)

u.p. north
05-20-2014, 03:26 PM
Well just about got some core molds done, should have them finished by the weeks end. Then I have a couple of days to finish some trim dies up. Then will be working on some dies for a couple of you who have been waiting a while. I am waiting on material for some presses and once I get that in I will finish them up. I found the holes in the base plates were bored out of square so I decided instead of bushing them, instaed to just make new ones. Everything else came out perfectly on the presses and I don't expect any more delays. I am starting to get caught up and would like to thank everybody for their continued patience with me. I only make and ship products that are the best they can be and have only had one thing returned for rework and that ended up being because of a burr on the core mold adjusters. Again thank you all for your patience and you will be happy with your items once you receive them.
Thank You,
Tim (U.P. North)

Theditchman
05-20-2014, 04:56 PM
Good for you Tim

R.Ph. 380
05-20-2014, 06:59 PM
Nice to hear, have missed you lately. Looking forward to the trim dies and my new reamers. I really think they are the answer to what we've been talking on the 30 cal.

Bill

RLW
07-18-2014, 11:24 AM
OK, two more months gone by. Anyone receive a press or a core mold or dies? I have heard nothing.

Theditchman
07-18-2014, 11:40 AM
I heard from tim a cpl of weeks ago and he told me the presses are almost done....if that means anything...lol

u.p. north
07-18-2014, 01:25 PM
OK, two more months gone by. Anyone receive a press or a core mold or dies? I have heard nothing.
I am going to ask that all customers future and present please send me a message or email , or even give me a call if they have a concern about there order. It takes time from working on the shop floor to answer or reply, and if if i have to go into a full explanation to a customer i will do so over the phone or in a private message.
To answer the question if anybody has received their products the answer is yes. I have a number of presses shipping in the next few days and a few other things. Also i have two dies sets that two very patient and understanding customers that have been waiting on for far to long will be next on the list. I have worked many months in a row without taking much time to myself or family trying to keep everybody happy. Thats all i ask on your part is to have patience as these things take time to make, and also are a high precision toleranced thing to make. I will not send out a product that is not going to make a in spec. piece out of it. So please everybody keep there patience and like I said message or email me before posting negatively about me here. Also from what I understand there is a wait from any of the other die makers.
Thank You,
Tim (U.P. North)

just bill
07-18-2014, 02:16 PM
We have here is, in my observation is misplaced aggression, Tim here is a one man shop and tries to offer a variety, or advertises a variety of not to common things known about outside the swaging circles. There are more people who have taken money and not produced anything but a lot of grief and are being sought after by sheriff and other law officials. He is one of 3 commercially advertised press makers. I took the design in aneat's thread and sent it to a machine shop for a proposal, he stopped at $1200 dollars and called and asked if he wanted me to have him continue with the estimate. It seems to be an unequal equation here, any one want to step up and give a review or observation or maybe a good word about Tim.

Please if any one is producing presses in the open market ( not the 6 or 7 that are producing them in there home shops) stand up RIGHT NOW and speak. If there is a bashing or a complaint I thought there were proper ways to handle them, not by spreading corrupt communication and slander toward any one.
Buy a lathe, milling machine, and a welder and make a difference, do this in the way this country was founded, by hard work. We need more American competition, or better still let's just make a deal with China for second rate products, lead paint poisoning our children just like Mickey Mouse did.

RLW
07-18-2014, 02:46 PM
We have here is, in my observation is misplaced aggression, Tim here is a one man shop and tries to offer a variety, or advertises a variety of not to common things known about outside the swaging circles. There are more people who have taken money and not produced anything but a lot of grief and are being sought after by sheriff and other law officials. He is one of 3 commercially advertised press makers. I took the design in aneat's thread and sent it to a machine shop for a proposal, he stopped at $1200 dollars and called and asked if he wanted me to have him continue with the estimate. It seems to be an unequal equation here, any one want to step up and give a review or observation or maybe a good word about Tim.

Please if any one is producing presses in the open market ( not the 6 or 7 that are producing them in there home shops) stand up RIGHT NOW and speak. If there is a bashing or a complaint I thought there were proper ways to handle them, not by spreading corrupt communication and slander toward any one.
Buy a lathe, milling machine, and a welder and make a difference, do this in the way this country was founded, by hard work. We need more American competition, or better still let's just make a deal with China for second rate products, lead paint poisoning our children just like Mickey Mouse did.

No aggression here. I sent him a PM a couple weeks ago and no response. Simply figured if he would not respond to a PM then maybe he would respond to a post on the thread. He says that he would prefer a private message but I sent him one weeks ago and no response.

I have been waiting for 9 months and there are a few here who have been waiting for well over a year. All of us foolishly either paid in full up front or put up solid deposits. Then after he disappears for months he comes back to life and starts selling new products and not sending out the presses everyone is waiting for. We take offense when that kind of time goes by and we do not get responses via his preferred method of communication.

Tim had a good review on a press some time ago, but you will not find one in the last 18 months because he has not sent any out. I really do not know what Tim's situation is. He seems like a nice enough guy, and I am willing to give anyone a break. But whatever your situation, communicating with your customers is priority number one or your going to have problems.

R.Ph. 380
07-18-2014, 08:26 PM
I have gotten the rough and finish reamers along with 2 sets of laps for 30 cal. They are very, very nice and I will begin using them soon. Just been covered up. I have talked with Tim extensively and he is an honorable person who is working hard to finish the presses he has orders for. Give him just a little longer. No one has been waiting longer than I have and I'm satisfied that they are in process. I realize I was one of the first to cry "wolf" about 6 months ago, I was wrong.

Bill

hardcase54
07-19-2014, 06:40 AM
He has always been fair and honest with me.

just bill
08-21-2014, 08:44 PM
[QUOTE=u.p. north;2860446]I am going to ask that all customers future and present please send me a message or email , or even give me a call if they have a concern about there order. It takes time from working on the shop floor to answer or reply, and if if i have to go into a full explanation to a customer i will do so over the phone or in a private message.
To answer the question if anybody has received their products the answer is yes. I have a number of presses shipping in the next few days and a few other things. Also i have two dies sets that two very patient and understanding customers that have been waiting on for far to long will be next on the list. I have worked many months in a row without taking much time to myself or family trying to keep everybody happy. Thats all i ask on your part is to have patience as these things take time to make, and also are a high precision toleranced thing to make. I will not send out a product that is not going to make a in spec. piece out of it. So please everybody keep there patience and like I said message or email me before posting negatively about me here. Also from what I understand there is a wait from any of the other die makers.
Thank You,
Tim (U.P. North)[/QUOTEl

PM's sent.
Bill

R.Ph. 380
08-21-2014, 09:36 PM
114205My press is absolutely exactly what I needed and wanted. It is a thing of beauty. Machining is extremely exact and works like a dream. Just waiting on my 45 dies from BT now and then the 30 cal dies.

Bill

midnight
08-22-2014, 10:06 AM
Sounds like Tim is up and running again. I hope so. I need another BIG press for "H" dies and I hope Tim can make one in a reasonable length of time. I PM ed him with the specifics and I hope he can do it. I go to the Wisconsin / UP line a couple times a year and could probably pick it up. Too bad he's not just in the UP, he's way up up up in the UP, near Copper Harbor.

Bob

Racenviper
08-23-2014, 10:14 AM
He is in spitting distant of the Wisconsin border in Iron Wood, MI.

R.Ph. 380
08-23-2014, 05:59 PM
Man, Wish I could visit your part of the woods. 102 down here today and we're looking at another week of triple digits until even the chance of rain.

midnight
08-26-2014, 07:59 AM
Thanks Racenviper for setting me straight. I misread a post on the first page of this thread and thought he lived in Laurium. I deer hunt about 10 miles from the border near Conover, WI. Also spend a lot of time near Cable, WI. Both are only a little over an hour from Ironwood. I have a lot of "H" dies with 1-12 thread. Some of them are pistol dies and I really don't need the power of my hydraulic press to use them. Dave Corbin's CSP-2 Mega-Mite is $1300 now. I am hoping Tim's press will handle "H" dies. With the proper adapters I could use Walnut Hill and "S" dies too.

Bob

just bill
09-05-2014, 11:00 PM
Any one heard for Tim lately?
Bill

Guardian
09-08-2014, 12:50 PM
Then after he disappears for months he comes back to life and starts selling new products and not sending out the presses everyone is waiting for.

You'll find that when you are busiest is when you better be doing your marketing. If not, the peaks and valleys in the work flow are pretty dramatic. One also needs fill in work for times waiting on supplies or tools. Knowing the swings in workload that occur if you aren't routinely marketing, I find it hard to fault a man for doing so.

Tim has made three adjustable core molds for me. Yes, the turn around time was lengthy, but he was up front about that going into it. One of the last ones he made for me, I had a last minute change on the diameter. The mistake was mine. He was able to make the change and was more than fair about the cost of additional tooling.

I've got a trim die on order, currently. While communication can be a bit slow at times, I'm confident that I'll get the product, eventually. Tim being the third vendor of swaging tools I've patronized, I've learned that one best not be in a hurry for anything swaging related. I confess to being a fan of instant gratification, but I'm also a fan of quality. Quality, Speed, Cost - Pick any two. Unfortunately, I can't ignore the cost. Of the remaining options, I prefer quality.

RLW
09-08-2014, 07:58 PM
You'll find that when you are busiest is when you better be doing your marketing. If not, the peaks and valleys in the work flow are pretty dramatic. One also needs fill in work for times waiting on supplies or tools. Knowing the swings in workload that occur if you aren't routinely marketing, I find it hard to fault a man for doing so.

Tim has made three adjustable core molds for me. Yes, the turn around time was lengthy, but he was up front about that going into it. One of the last ones he made for me, I had a last minute change on the diameter. The mistake was mine. He was able to make the change and was more than fair about the cost of additional tooling.

I've got a trim die on order, currently. While communication can be a bit slow at times, I'm confident that I'll get the product, eventually. Tim being the third vendor of swaging tools I've patronized, I've learned that one best not be in a hurry for anything swaging related. I confess to being a fan of instant gratification, but I'm also a fan of quality. Quality, Speed, Cost - Pick any two. Unfortunately, I can't ignore the cost. Of the remaining options, I prefer quality.

"Lead time from today is between a month and a half and two months."

The above quote was copied and pasted from a PM that Tim sent me on 10/4/2013 in response to my asking about his press. I then purchased the press a couple weeks later. It is now 9/8/2014 and all I can get from him is a pissed off reply to PM's when I ask for an update. I have no problem with someone marketing when they are busy but taking someones money and then sitting on it for close to a year is another story all together. It is one thing to go over your expected date, its another thing entirely to just put something on the back burner and forget about it.

I ordered a press and two dies from him. I also sent him a blank magma mold for him to make a core mold from. I have repeatedly asked him about the core mold and he assured me that he is working on it. That's been months. I asked him if he could do the dies and send them early, as I can make a press myself and he said he could not do that because he needs the press to make the dies. At this point I just send a PM every could of months that says "any updates" and I wait for the excuses.

At this point, I would gladly take a refund but I'm sure the money is gone. If he has actually started the press then go ahead and finish it. He obviously has not started the dies so he could easily refund the money for those if he actually has the cash. I hate to come on here and trash the guy but someone has to do it. I suspect that everyone else who is hoping he starts sending their press out doesn't want to rock the boat.

Lets get real. He should have ordered the supplies as soon as he took payment from people. Then when it gets to the point where he was way over your estimated time and everyone is upset its as simple as getting them done. Those presses don't take that long to make. I made one similar myself and it took a couple days. I am a small business owner myself and I know what its like to put other things aside and take a loss to get something done that I committed to.

Ultimately I am upset with myself more than anything for forking out the cash, but you live and learn.

powderburnerr
09-08-2014, 08:54 PM
hey Tim , I sent you an email last week , lookin for an update , thanks, Dean

just bill
09-08-2014, 11:29 PM
Tim has been pretty informative to me and very cordial over the phone, in the past.
If there is going to be another round of bashing instead inform fishhawk with all the information and do it legally and professionally.
Bill

No_1
09-09-2014, 08:27 PM
Tim,
I need you to contact me about this.

R.Ph. 380
09-11-2014, 12:22 AM
OK, I'm worried about Tim. He has had some health issues and I have usually been able to get in touch with him. He is really a great guy and has a good sense of purpose. He does fantastic work with his lathes. All and I mean all of the work he has promised me is complete and is ABSOLUTELY PERFECT!!! There has got to be a good excuse for his missing muster.

Tim, Give me a call.

Bill

RLW
09-11-2014, 01:43 AM
There are guys on this forum who claim they have been waiting for over two years for him to complete their work. He is always only a week away from shipping and then nothing happens. I personally will give him until the 22nd of October and if my press and dies are not sitting at my place I will file a complaint with his Sheriff and DA. That is 6 weeks. If he is serious about fulfilling his end of the bargain, he could finish everyone's stuff in that amount of time. If anyone else would like to file a complaint send me a PM and we can all call around the same time.

No_1
09-11-2014, 05:40 AM
Folks,
I have received a reply from Tim via PM:

Robert,
I am dealing with a frustrating medical issue and hope to back in the shop next week. If you or fishhawk have a list of individuals that is different from the few that have responded in the forum please let me know. I can assure you that these and all customers will receive their products.

Tim Rahko

I request that anyone who has stuff on order chime in now with what you are waiting for and how long you have been waiting. Example: "45 caliber swage set and press - 15 months".

clodhopper
09-12-2014, 12:20 PM
I ordered a .243 jacket trim Die this spring. Maybe 4 months ago

RLW
09-12-2014, 12:36 PM
Swage press, core swage die, point form die, core mold. 10 months.

Theditchman
09-12-2014, 02:24 PM
swage press for 7 months...refund of $500 deposit after cancellation 3 months

Guardian
09-12-2014, 03:33 PM
6.5mm jacket trim die and replacement 0.197 core mold stem - Payment 06JUN14

just bill
09-13-2014, 01:59 PM
Tim and I have talked recently, I would have to say before he took sick, and he said my mold was ready to ship more than once but I have not received it, however for over a year and several months, I have had ask him to bump my mold because of different needs of others since my other equipment was not finished either or he was having mill diameter questions. At this point if he is sick my order can waite. I will find other ways to work around the core mold.
Bill

Theditchman
09-23-2014, 03:55 PM
So what was the outcome of this survey ??? Has he passed on ? or run away ? or gone sick ? or been abducted ? or what ??? or should we wait another few years....of which brings about another question......Exactley what is a reasonable amount of time to wait for a product that you have been told is ready for shipment ???? a few weeks ?? a few months or as some have waited a few years ??
Try not paying your electric or mortgage bill for a cpl of months and see how reasonable they are.......and I can assure you it dosent matter how nice a guy you are or your circumstances they are going to kick you and your family out on the street or switch you off and the law will be on there side

RLW
09-24-2014, 12:51 AM
So what was the outcome of this survey ??? Has he passed on ? or run away ? or gone sick ? or been abducted ? or what ??? or should we wait another few years....of which brings about another question......Exactley what is a reasonable amount of time to wait for a product that you have been told is ready for shipment ???? a few weeks ?? a few months or as some have waited a few years ??
Try not paying your electric or mortgage bill for a cpl of months and see how reasonable they are.......and I can assure you it dosent matter how nice a guy you are or your circumstances they are going to kick you and your family out on the street or switch you off and the law will be on there side

As I mentioned in my previous post, I am going to give him until the 22nd of October and then if I do not have a press or a refund I am going to file a complaint with his Sheriff and DA. You are more than welcome to file a complaint as well. I have a couple others are going to the same time that I do. Could end up being like the situation with HG Firearms that there is a thread about on this forum.

If he wanted to get those presses done he would simply get them done. We are not talking about complicated stuff here. You can make those presses in pretty short amount of time if you have any intention of doing so. The reason your not getting your refund is he spent your money. The reason I am not getting my press is he spent my money. I think that is painfully obvious.

Theditchman
09-24-2014, 05:41 AM
You are of course right....I believe the money is long gone and yes I will join you on the 22 October...You just got to draw the line somewhere

just bill
09-26-2014, 10:01 AM
Thanks Tim, Good job.

Theditchman
09-26-2014, 02:50 PM
How long did you wait for that just Bill ??...from the time you paid

just bill
09-26-2014, 11:26 PM
How long did you wait for that just Bill ??...from the time you paid

I can't say for sure, I paid him in installments. We had some issues with core diameters, due to the types of brass I am using. From the first bashing I saw I did a l ittle research into the people who complained, one has a gun oriented website and when you try to lookup the things his web site headings says he has, the site was empty, nothing, nada, zip. Does that constitute false advertising? What difference will it make how long I waited a hundred years from now. The Bible teaches patience, forgiv eness and mercy.
My question to you is, did you follow the protocols for a legitimate complaint before or after you started bashing"?
Bill

Theditchman
09-27-2014, 09:21 AM
Thanks bill for your answer...The problem lies in the fact that we are left hanging..we get estimated times of delivery and such but nothing seems to come to pass....as for some ones website being gun oriented and empty..that dosent mean anything..in fact if we all swing from the chandelier naked..it dosent mean anything..The fact remains that when you take a mans money you are obligated to produce what you promised in the estimated time you promised it in..Now we all know things happen in life and most of us are patient enough to wait until these things pass...but we seem to be continually left in the dark..In fact to show you what a good soul I am I will stand by this...Tim (Up North) If you have spent my money on medicine or dr's visits or any emergency health situation or heating or electricity or food (and I have told him this before) then me and you are quits and you don't owe me anything...BUT...I want you to publicly come on this forum and tell me what you did with my money (no PM"s).....Hows that bill??..is that not reasonable...I think the money paid for the presses was spent for whatever reason and now he is making quick make products to try and recoup..then when he makes a few bucks he sends out a press...I don't think tim is a dis honest man..I have spoke to him and like him I feel he has just gotten in over his head and cant find a way to get out..I know from my own business dealings that if thing go awry the best thing to do is continually keep in touch with your customers unfortunately the feeling to run and hide can be stronger

RLW
09-27-2014, 12:04 PM
The issue for me is that I ordered based on the stated lead time of 1-1.5 months. I was out of the country on vacation for a few months when I ordered and figured even if it takes 3-4 months that it would be no problem. But to wait a for a year is too much. If he quoted a year and I ordered knowing how long it would take then no problem.

The real question is, how difficult is it to make a swage press? I mean he comes on here and sends PM's saying he is back in the shop and getting things going. Well, making a swage press is pretty simple so if that were the case then he should be sending presses out. He origianlly told me that he does them in batches of 6 so the press that he did send out that was confirmed on this thread should have gone out with 5 other presses. Yet the other guys who I know of that have been waiting for 2 years have not seen their presses.

The other issue that has hurt Tim is that the one guy who came on here and did the most bashing in the first go around is the guy that received his press. You see how that could reinforce bad behavior? Everyone else wants their press so they figure hey since that seems to be the only way to get it done then thats what they are going to do.

As far as filing a formal complaint, I don't believe I have ever filed a formal complaint for anything in my entire life. But then again, I have never had to. That looks like it is going to change come Oct 22nd.

Rumrunner64
09-30-2014, 09:25 PM
Tim I can't hold my tongue any more.
It has been 15 months now for a job that you said would take 1 1/2 - 2 months.
You are refusing to reply to my numerous emails. If you are sick again I'm sorry and I feel for you and your family. But all you had to do is reply to my emails. You could of even got a family member to do it, I would have understood. But with no replys I feel you are just trying to forget about this. Please at least send me back my H dies I sent you. I also give you till Oct 22nd to settle this matter, as after that date we will be contacting the authority's. This is something I do NOT want to do, But you are not giving me any other options.

I also will let this go if you are sick, and you post it the open forum. But I still want my dies back.
Im sorry it has come to this.
Rob

Theditchman
10-21-2014, 11:28 AM
Excellent news...I have just recieved my full refund from Tim..I knew he was a good man and he did the right thing..Good luck all

RLW
10-22-2014, 12:08 AM
Excellent news...I have just recieved my full refund from Tim..I knew he was a good man and he did the right thing..Good luck all

This is great news. Tim has contacted me and he appears to be working hard to make things happen.

R.Ph. 380
10-22-2014, 11:48 PM
If you get the chance to get the press instead. Jump on it. Mine is perfect.

Bill

clodhopper
10-31-2014, 09:54 PM
I received a .243 jacket trim die from Tim today. Ordered last summer. Thanks Tim, hope you are getting better.

u.p. north
11-17-2014, 04:11 PM
Winter is not letting up here in the U.P.. Another 12 to 18 inches today through tomorrow.

ncbearman
11-17-2014, 05:05 PM
Winter is not letting up here in the U.P.. Another 12 to 18 inches today through tomorrow.

Time for a new fly trap.

u.p. north
11-17-2014, 06:45 PM
The flies are in a deep sleep now. We had a high of 13 degrees today with a minus 10 windshield. . U.P. North

R.Ph. 380
11-17-2014, 09:41 PM
Now, this year, put an efficient heater out in the shop. Don't risk getting sick again. Man I love your----(I mean MY) press.

Bill

hardcase54
11-18-2014, 02:43 AM
Stay well,Tim

hardcase54

u.p. north
11-19-2014, 01:13 PM
Well the forecast is for up to another 12" of snow thru Thursday afternoon. It seems if I have been plowing snow for a month already. This could be a typical 300" year, I hope not. Time to get to work finishing a set of 30 cal swage dies.... U.P. North

u.p. north
03-28-2015, 01:51 PM
Offering 22 cal swage die package $1075.00

I am offering 22 cal swage die packages. The package will consist of the following. These are designed for use with the lee classic cast press.
Adjustable core mold you supply the block handles
Trim die
Derimming die
Auto Ejector
Lee Classic cast ram adapter
Core swage die
Core seat die
Point form die
I will run this special until the end of the second week in April. The people that already ordered these I will honor the price change.
The price will be $1075.00 till midnight on March 29th , also a deluxe package that includes the above and the Lee Classic Cast Press and 20#Lee melting pot both are brand new from Lee. I reserve the right to stop selling at this price at any time and for any reason. This is more than a 25% savings and will only be honored in this offer. I obtain the right also to refuse this offer to anyone for any reason if I decide to. Please private message me your interest or ask questions in the vendor sponsor section. Thank You U.P. North
This is the link http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...60#post3194760 (http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?273608-22-cal-swage-die-package-1075-00&p=3194760#post3194760)http://castboolits.gunloads.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=134920&d=1427226674&thumb=1 (http://castboolits.gunloads.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=134920&d=1427226674), http://castboolits.gunloads.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=134922&d=1427226753&thumb=1 (http://castboolits.gunloads.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=134922&d=1427226753)http://castboolits.gunloads.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=134923&d=1427226786&thumb=1 (http://castboolits.gunloads.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=134923&d=1427226786)

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=135180&d=1427485280&thumb=1 (http://castboolits.gunloads.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=135180&d=1427485916)

While waiting for materials and dies to come back from heat treat figured I would make up some 22 cal die sets. I needed to play with different weights in my ar starting from 57 up to possibly around 70 grains. Got excellent groups at 100 yards with 62 grainers 2 touching and the other three within 3/4" of them. Shot out of a rest trying to see the full potential. Well let's hear your input. These were made on a classic cast press from 22lr jackets and pure lead,seated and then point formed and also used my auto eject system and adjustable core mold. Thanks U.P. North

powderburnerr
03-28-2015, 03:32 PM
Tim ,
if you are doing all that work in the shop , dont you think its time to run my swage die? Lets get it done so we can both move on,,
dean

u.p. north
03-28-2015, 04:23 PM
Tim ,
if you are doing all that work in the shop , dont you think its time to run my swage die? Lets get it done so we can both move on,,
dean
That is correct Dean as I wrote I have a few things I need to finish up. I know you will find that the wait was worth it. I told you of my new lapping and polishing process I found and it worked out very well and I wanted to test doing it that way on my set of dies. I would like to thank all that have had patience with me and the few waiting for products will have their things before I start any new orders. I purchased a new machining center and it will speed things up a lot. I need to have work for it to pay for it so I decided it was time to start lining work up to do on it. Thank You all for your support and patronage and I look forward to serving you all faster with quicker shipping times and also the same quality or better that we all strive. Thank You U.P. North

Rumrunner64
03-28-2015, 06:20 PM
hmm :oops: