PDA

View Full Version : Dillon Service

Dan Cash
10-03-2011, 04:58 PM
Bought a 550 new in 1990. Used it and used it then used it some more. The "crank," where the handle mounts broke on the 8th of Sep. this year. I sent it back to Dillon who received it on the 16th of Sep. This afternoon, it is back in my loving hands. New crank, new links, new paint. NO CHARGE. What more can I ask. Dillon forever.

hiram1
10-03-2011, 06:22 PM
yes there the best of the best

LUBEDUDE
10-04-2011, 02:43 AM
No surprise, they rebuilt my 550 for free after 25 years of hard use.

missionary5155
10-04-2011, 06:32 AM
Good morning
My powder measure broke after 18 years. I called and explained the nub on the powder slide where the retuen spring attaches sheard off. In a few days a complete new Powder measure was at my house.
If you are every in the Valley on the north east corner is Dillon back in the maze of small industrial buildings. Well worth the time to stop by. But they will not let you into the Mini-gun area anymore...
Mike in Peru

Greg B.
10-06-2011, 06:09 PM
The best thing about the Dillon guarantee is that I have never had to use it in over 20 years.

Greg B.

Hang Fire
10-08-2011, 04:13 AM
Same here on my near 30 year old 450, (which is still cranking them out like new) repaired it without a glitch at no charge, they are just hard to beat when it comes to service.

Dan Cash
10-08-2011, 08:15 AM
The best thing about the Dillon guarantee is that I have never had to use it in over 20 years.

Greg B.

My first claim on Dillon's warranty was a product of my own clumsyness. That one, Dillon replaced the part with only a phone call. The two other claims I have made on them were also likely a product of my own abuse of the machine, including this last overhaul. Dillon is and will continue to be first rate in my book.

chambers
10-08-2011, 09:08 AM
I have several Dillon's and the service has been great, no hassle, no questions.

Idaho Sharpshooter
10-11-2011, 04:53 PM
Dillon (and Leupold) has a very simple warranty. It's called forever. I like that. It's also "Made In America." I like that too. Dillon sends out the Free Press each month to customers. Free!
I like the cover almost as much as the contents.

They are also nice people to deal with over the phone. Did I mention that the call is free?

Rich

Walt
10-11-2011, 08:26 PM
There are a lot of really good folks in the gun business and Dillon is one of the best!

bigfoot
10-11-2011, 08:33 PM
GO BLUE, well worth the money!!! dillon will always be on my bench
Bigfoot

6bg6ga
09-26-2012, 01:28 PM
My square deal broke this morning. The shell plate bolt snapped which launched the detent ball and the ejector wire. After spending a bunch of time looking for the detent ball and ejector wire I finally called it a loss. When Dillon opened up their phone lines I talked to customer service and the parts are on their way. Not bad considering that my Square Deal was one of the first ones out many years ago. Dillon is number one in my book:D

I see that in a prior post someone mentioned not having used their guarantee in 20 yrs. This is my first breakage on this machine.

Tazman1602
09-26-2012, 01:35 PM
Bought a 550 new in 1990. Used it and used it then used it some more. The "crank," where the handle mounts broke on the 8th of Sep. this year. I sent it back to Dillon who received it on the 16th of Sep. This afternoon, it is back in my loving hands. New crank, new links, new paint. NO CHARGE. What more can I ask. Dillon forever.

............and that is why there is blue on my bench. Their "No BS" warrenty really is just that................

Art

dauntlessdave
09-26-2012, 02:51 PM
There are a lot of really good folks in the gun business and Dillon is one of the best!

+1

We're fortunate to have receptive manufacturers, all of whom put out a useful and quality product. I've had red machines, orange machines, green machines and have, over the years, culled most everything except one green machine and several blue machines. Dillon has done right by me over many years and to them I owe the most loyalty.

6bg6ga
09-26-2012, 07:05 PM
I have one RCBS, one Lyman, and one Dillon. That makes green, orange, and blue which is one heck of a color combination on my bench. Just received an email telling me the parts were shipped today. You got to love Dillon.

Lizard333
09-26-2012, 10:37 PM
The best thing about Dillon is the full size calendar every year!! The warranty is just icing on the cake!

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/09/27/yjesyza3.jpg

HighHook
09-28-2012, 04:54 AM
Took me a minute to realize that was a calendar...

Yep! Over 30 years of blue on my benches.

6bg6ga
10-02-2012, 06:49 AM
Got my parts on the 1st and have the square deal running again.

Thanks Dillon for your no BS service:-)

jakharath
10-09-2012, 10:44 AM
I wish more companies would follow Dillon lead.

Shiloh
10-10-2012, 10:53 AM
The 550 primer assembly and index sprocket got damaged in a move on a 20 year old machine.
Didn't know it for months before I got back into setting things up.

New primer assembly and new sprocket sent at no charge. Wouldn't even let me pay for shipping.
Told them it was my fault. Didn't matter. It was covered.
Dillon and RCBS are the gold standard in customer service.

Shiloh

6bg6ga
04-09-2019, 02:18 AM
In 2012 I had problems with a square deal that I had at the time. Dillon took care of it no problem. Last week my 650 Dillon broke the slide & cam assembly and bent the camming pin. Bending the camming pin was unheard of according to the person I talked to and I was the second one to ever have this happen. Getting the replacement camming pin was like pulling teeth and he reluctently told me he would send out the slide and cam assembly.

Ever hear of soft metal Mr. parts man? So far out of a number of conversion caliber change kits I managed to get several shell holder units that the center hole was too small for the bolt to go thru. The gentleman I talked to about that couldn't believe what I was telling him. A defective Dillon part? Unheard of. I sent them the shell holders in question along with the garfed up center bolt. They sent me out replacement parts.

Twenty minutes on hold before I got to talk to the parts guy. Seems like customer service isn't what it used to be at Dillon. Maybe they cut back to one person taking the calls and they are working the hell out of him thus the attitude and reluctance to send me the parts I needed.

Customer service what does that mean? To me when I was in customer service I was polite and I replaced the parts in question even if I questioned it. Part of obtaining replacement parts on a machine with a so called no ** policy should mean that you don't ask the customer if they have non-Dillon parts, what exactly were you doing and how did you manage to break the parts and oh how do you lube your machine?

No, non stock Dillon parts on it. I use a red axel grease on the zerk fittings, oil other places and the machine is kept covered when not it use and completely clean when being used and when I am done with a run.

So, what were the "do I have any aftemarked non-stock parts on it all about?" Forgot to mention the question "Do I have a swager on it?" So the non-stock parts question a method of denying any coverage on the Dillon product? So much for that no ** part about their warrenty.

Had one more concern.... the arm that moves the shell casing had the heck worn out of it and I tried to get a replacement for it. Nope, as long as I can manage to adjust it enough so it works a replacement is out of the question. You see it is the older style unit evidently on a newer style press and the whole thing would need to be replaced.

So, talk to me for aproximately 20 minutes try to get out of doing anything and make me feel like maybe purchasing a Dillon 650 press wasn't my smartest move. Regardless of the cost of the shell feed unit it would have been good customer service just to send it out. This way I am sure to purchase the 1050 that I have hanging in my mind.

Not too thrilled with the Dillon service and no ** warrenty this last week. One thing good happened at least......the parts arrived today and weren't misrouted all across the U.S.A. like my prior order that contained some caliber change over parts for 22-250, and 308.

About that up and coming 1050 press purchase for 223.....maybe I should just wait on it. My customer experience on my 650 has left me with a sour taste in my mouth.

6bg6ga
04-09-2019, 02:30 AM
Forgot to mention that I took the bent camming pin #13371 and set up a dial indicator. It was bent .142 I carefully arranged it so I could bend it back which was easily done because it was very soft. I'm within .010 of being straight now with it. It will be a back up piece. The new one seems to be really hard. So much for "they don't bend." Ya, they do when they are soft.