PDA

View Full Version : Nevada member

Bear Claw
02-04-2007, 09:06 AM
Hi all

Looking for a Nevada member with a little spare time to check this out....

http://www.nevadawesternfirearms.com/rifles.html

They claim to have a Shiloh Quigley for sale at a good price if it's genuine, if its the real deal I would buy it, but I am a little doubtfull about its pedagree, so if someone could go look at it I would be willing to buy their gas and lunch for the trouble, unless it is real and they buy it out from under me, then I would put a VOODOO curse on em:-D

Bear Claw:drinks:

Boz330
02-04-2007, 11:42 AM
BC, Call them and ask. They should give a couple day inspection period. But you might ask for close up pics of the receiver and barrel markings. Most of the dealings that I have been involved in have been positive. Also if it is misrepresented you can go to your state AG with it. Also if you pay with a credit card you have some recourse there as well.

Bob

Bear Claw
02-04-2007, 11:44 AM
AHHH you make good point sir thank you,,,btw you have done buis w/them?

Scrounger
02-04-2007, 12:02 PM
They are in the Tahoe area (Stateline, NV) so maybe one of the guys from the Reno area or even California might be familiar with them.

Boz330
02-04-2007, 02:08 PM
BC, no not personally. I have had other puchases that have been very positive though. With the internet a bad transaction can be brought to many peoples attention pretty fast though. I would think that as a company trying to make money it is in their best interest to be fairly honest.

Bob

martinibelgian
02-04-2007, 03:05 PM
FWIW, that buttplate does look rather painful to me...

onceabull
02-04-2007, 03:16 PM
Advertised as Brand new,shoudn't take lot of effort to verify that..We do have several "regulars" in the area,so maybeso one will looksee for you..IF the price is that Good, you may regret waiting (or posting it here !! :) ) Good luck,whatever..Onceabull

Boz330
02-04-2007, 03:56 PM
Gert Shhhhsh you'll scare him off.
I don't think that model is available with the shotgun butt plate. Nothing a little closed cell foam and leather cover won't fix and if done right will look period as well. Plus that rifle is probably pretty heavy. That seems like a reasonable price since those sights are probably worth $700 or more.

Bob

BruceB
02-04-2007, 06:11 PM
Shiloh's current price for the "Quigley" model is $3041, and this INCLUDES the mid-range vernier tang sight and globe front with spirit level. Dunno whose sights they use, but I'd expect it to be the Montana brand that they sell.

There is no option listed to change the buttplate profile. My Shiloh .45-70 has the same 'rifle' buttplate, and it really lets one know that the rifle fired on cue. I use a slip-on pad for most of my shooting, and it's a great help, believe me.

If the rifle in question is indeed a Shiloh Quigley in the condition described, I'd say it's a decent price. Not a steal, by any means, but that is one dandy rifle and worth the money. Try to find out who made the sights before buying, or at least if the sights came from the factory.

NVcurmudgeon
02-05-2007, 11:38 AM
Hi all

Looking for a Nevada member with a little spare time to check this out....

http://www.nevadawesternfirearms.com/rifles.html

They claim to have a Shiloh Quigley for sale at a good price if it's genuine, if its the real deal I would buy it, but I am a little doubtfull about its pedagree, so if someone could go look at it I would be willing to buy their gas and lunch for the trouble, unless it is real and they buy it out from under me, then I would put a VOODOO curse on em:-D

Bear Claw:drinks:

Bear Claw, As probably the closest active board member to Stateline, I checked the link you provided. They don't seem to be very drop-in friendly, as the only address they give is a P.O. Box. Also, I would sooner check out a blind date for somebody else than a fine rifle. Expectations are so much higher in the case of a Sharps!

powderburnerr
02-05-2007, 12:10 PM
the sights are Axtel front and rear , here is their website www.riflesmith.com
I have a set of the rears and they are over 20 years old and are just starting to develope a little play , I talked to Carmen in Reno and she said she would repair them if I sent them in . Shiloh puts their own on when they build one . unless speced out differently. The long range sight is probably the difference in price from a standard . and it isnt a true Quigley model if it has fancy wood on it ..
but it appears to be what it says it is .................Dean

Bear Claw
02-05-2007, 08:00 PM
I sent em an e-mail, No response yet ( might have offended them) told em if it
was the real deal I might be in the market if its not I wouldnt, I asked for mor detailed pic's so we will see ( mabey ) I wont hold my breath B. C.