PDA

View Full Version : Lee Pro Pot 4-20-10

IcerUSA
02-03-2007, 11:55 PM
Just a couple pics of my piggyback pot ;)

Woked out well, added a switch so I don't have to unplug it all the time also.
With doth pots full I did over 500 9-125's and 350 45-190's :castmine: :Fire: :drinks:

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
02-04-2007, 12:51 AM
Icer,

Looks great, though I think I'd add a little stability bracket to protect just in case that gets top heavy or tippy on you. couple of legs with feed out to each side could sure be nice to keep a tipped over lead pot's molten lead out of one's lap.

Regards,

Dave

IcerUSA
02-04-2007, 10:01 AM
Thanks for the heads up, Dave. Was thinking of that also, but I had it sitting in the wrong spot on the bench when testing it out and both pots where full of hot lead and I slid it about 8 inches to the side and it was very stable. Will keep an eye on it for awhile to make sure the extruded aluminum doesn't fatigue, other than that I am pleased with the set up. Glad I found this place as I did get the idea for it from here. WOOT :-D :castmine: :Fire: :drinks:

robertbank
02-04-2007, 01:55 PM
Very nice set up. Watch the top pot for stripping out the aluminum. You can mount the top pot on a stand and accomplish the same thing. Just make sure you bolt down BOTH pots on your table eitheir with bolts or angle brackets. I have posted this before but I darn near had 10#s of liquid silver in my lap when I bumped the casting table with my knee.

I also took some very fine wire and wired up my downspout to the lever of my Lee 10# pot and now the plunger can't clock the pot seldom drips.

Take Care

Bob

Sundogg1911
02-04-2007, 02:06 PM
nice setup. I'm doing basically the same thing with a lee as the bottom, casting pot and a C.Palmer super pot that I got at an estate sale as the feeder. really sppeds things up using a feeder pot.

Ben
02-04-2007, 05:19 PM
I'm doing basically the same thing. The " stability factor "
in my 10 lb / 20 lb. Lee system is a little different .

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v494/haysb/Casting%20Table/PICT0006.jpg

With the help of gravity, the metal makes it easily from the top pot down into the bottom 20 lb. pot. Plus I gain the added advantage of keeping the 20 pot opening free from any obstructions.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v494/haysb/Casting%20Table/PICT0004.jpg

I want to be certain that the upper 10 lb. pot is 100% stable ! !
There are 4 different 2 " long wood screws holding the upper
10 lb. pot's base in position.

Thanks,

Ben