PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Detailed Armory Drawings

HollowPoint
09-30-2011, 07:53 PM
I've put the word out on a couple of different forums now.

I'm searching for detailed drawings of the Enfield No.4 Mk1 Bolt Head. I have three bolt heads and they all seem to measure slightly different from one another.

I thought if I could find a detailed dimensional drawing I could compare them all to arrive at some acceptable and safe dimensions to go by in order to try to make up my own replacement bolt-head.

A few months back I inquired about basically the same thing and got some good input. But now as the time draws nearer to when I'll attempt to machine my own replacement part/s, I'm hoping to find some specific dimensional information about these Bolt-Heads.

Any leads you might be able to give me will be appreciated.

HollowPoint

Multigunner
10-01-2011, 01:49 AM
You can look around for the SAID (Small Arms Identification Drawings) for the No.4.
I found a Euroarms site that has the SAID for the SMLE but not one for the No.4 yet.

I'd had the SAID for the SMLE, No.4, and P-14 rifles but lost these in a crash. There should be downloadable PDF or Jpg files for all these still available somewhere on the net.

The SAID has detailed drawings and some dimensions for every part of the rifle, but I'm not sire if these are detailed enough for your purposes.

Cap'n Morgan
10-01-2011, 02:22 AM
I could be wrong, but I think I remember reading that the bolt heads for the Enfield No.4 was made in different lengths - either to adjust head space or compensate for set-back over time. If you haven't been there already you might want to ask over in http://britishmilitariaforums.yuku.com/ ... lots of experts on the SMLE over there.

Personally, I would just measure the longest bolt head and take it from there.

zuke
10-01-2011, 07:39 AM
I could be wrong, but I think I remember reading that the bolt heads for the Enfield No.4 was made in different lengths - either to adjust head space or compensate for set-back over time. If you haven't been there already you might want to ask over in http://britishmilitariaforums.yuku.com/ ... lots of experts on the SMLE over there.

Personally, I would just measure the longest bolt head and take it from there.

:goodpost: the Enfield bolt head's are made to various length's, from size"0" to size "4" I believe.
0 being the shortest.

HollowPoint
10-01-2011, 02:40 PM
Thanks gentlemen:

I know about the different lengths of these bolt heads and the reason for those different lengths. I was just hoping to view some official drawings of these bolt heads.

What I meant in my initial post about them being slightly different from one another are the dimensions other than the lengths. (diameters, dimensions of the part that the extractor spring fits into, length of the threads from the back edge to the front.)

The differences aren't that much. They're only noticeable with a set of calipers but, there are differences. I was just hoping to compare those differences with the dimensions on an official-dimensions drawing. The actual length of the bolt head can be adjusted at will.

I'll check out the links you've provided and hope for the best. Thanks again.

HollowPoint

leftiye
10-03-2011, 11:30 PM
There's a guy on eVil bAy who makes a business of selling complete drawings. Look for him under hunting>accessories>gunsmithing (I think).

HollowPoint
10-05-2011, 03:41 PM
Greetings Gentlemen:

I've followed up on the leads you've offered. Still no luck yet. There's so much information on the internet I'm sure I'll find what I'm looking eventually.

I just hope it's sooner rather than later. If you think of anything else, don't hesitate to let me know.

Thanks again.

HollowPoint