PDA

View Full Version : BFR is back.

subsonic
09-30-2011, 09:13 AM
It's back. See pics below.
First pic is bore as removed from box.
Second pic is bore after wipeout and accelerator.

Front sight is off about 3 degrees to the left again.
Rubber grips have a bunch of marks along the backstrap where it looks like they beat it on the edge of a table. I'll upload pics of that later if anyone wants to see it.

And my favorite part is that it now has thread choke. Gets tight and then loose, then tight again as you push a patch through the bore. The other two barrels didn't do that.

W.R.Buchanan
09-30-2011, 11:55 AM
Sub: it doesn't sound like you're having much luck.

I don't know exactly what I'd do in this case as I have never had to send anything back more than once, but I do know I wouldn't be keeping quiet about it.

I have had the best luck dealing with large outfits by going directly to the head duck. CEO, GM whatever his title.

I would think whomever is in charge of this outfit would be a shooter, and I would also think he would take exception to the problems you had and order the minions to completely satisfy you needs to perfection.

A barrel that is turned too far in is a sure sign of half assed assembly/gunsmithing and QC. I have seen 5-10 brand new Marlin Rifles in gun stores that have had barrels turn in past zero. This is just not acceptable.

I can't believe they have shipped that gun back to you twice and not had it perfect
I wouldn't let this go.

On another note: I do know that regulating the sights in windage on a fixed sight revolver does require you twisting on the barrel. Is that what you are seeing here? If your gun has an adjustable rear sight then check to see if they ran out of adjustment, and had to compensate to bore sight. just a thought before the storm begins?

Randy

pmer
09-30-2011, 12:56 PM
sub, sorry to note your fustration. It seems like their junk in / junk out system is firing on all cylinders.

Why can't arms makers test fire their hand guns with a properly sized and lubed boolit.

If fire lapping can fix it I think I would get some nice grips, pressure lap and not look back.

subsonic
09-30-2011, 03:18 PM
On another note: I do know that regulating the sights in windage on a fixed sight revolver does require you twisting on the barrel. Is that what you are seeing here? If your gun has an adjustable rear sight then check to see if they ran out of adjustment, and had to compensate to bore sight. just a thought before the storm begins?

Randy

It is adjustable sight. The rear sight is cranked to the right and the front sight is turned to the left as received. That would mean it must be shooting about 1 football field to the right to be sighted in properly.

tek4260
09-30-2011, 11:03 PM
I don't know what to say about this. I really hate that you have had so much trouble with yours. Especially since I am one of the ones who talked so glowingly about a BFR.

W.R.Buchanan
09-30-2011, 11:35 PM
Sub: Like I said, I would call them and insist on talking to the GM or head duck, and not some low level puke in customer service. You've already dealt with them unsuccessfully, it's time to step up your game.

If they won't fix it right and you can't get it to shoot, the only alternative is to sell the gun, but I would make damn sure that whom ever I talked to in management at MR was keenly aware that you are going to spread your experience around the internet complete with the damning pictures to prove they suck, and you aren't just a whiner.

You'll note most whiners never post pics to back up their issues. They just whine.

At this point the only satisfactory fix would be for them to completely rebuild your serial number frame from scratch as a virtually custom gun made by hand specifically by their best Smith! The production pukes have already failed twice!

You shouldn't be even the slightest bit shy about communicating your disgust with their service. But unless it falls on the right ears, it falls on deaf ears.

Guys in CS are trained to just let customer protests fly by both ears, and if one gives you any Ship about any profanity you might use, just let him know in clear and concise terms that you don't appreciate his assessment of your vocabulary with respect to their expensive but substandard products, and will be mentioning his name in the letter you are writting to the GM! This usually makes them puppydog up, post haste!

Believe me, squeaky wheel get the grease! But you gotta get higher up.

Randy

tek4260
09-30-2011, 11:43 PM
With 3 round trip shipping bills, they probably have more in shipping it than it cost them to build it.....

Lloyd Smale
10-01-2011, 06:55 AM
they treated me crappy before i even sent them anything so it doesnt supprise me that there giving you trouble. Im sure sorry there doing it to you though. Sorry but if they made teh best revolver in the world they wouldnt get another dime from me.

44man
10-01-2011, 09:00 AM
I don't know what to say about this. I really hate that you have had so much trouble with yours. Especially since I am one of the ones who talked so glowingly about a BFR.
Yeah, me too.
We have had no problems yet but my .500 JRH is gathering a little lead that none of my others do. It has not hurt accuracy and shoots too good to complain.
Seems like once a gun gets to selling so much, they start to hurry production.
Then remember, MR is under new ownership. Will that sink them?

subsonic
10-01-2011, 09:00 AM
I sent an email to CS on Friday at about 1:30. Have not heard back.

If I don't get a decent response on Monday....

The customer service guy I'm dealing with has been very responsive. I think the retarded chimpanzee working on my gun is the problem.

The most frustrating thing of all is that I might expect this from a lower brand, or even a ruger, but MR is a "premium" brand that costs more. At this point I feel like sending it to Taurus to see if they can do any better.

subsonic
10-01-2011, 09:18 AM
Another thing. I have 2 friend that between them have bought 3 new rugers that have problems right out of the box. One friend has a .327 SP101 with bad chambers that make the cases stick with any factory .327 ammo, and it will boot the cases back against the recoil sheild and lock the gun up. Another friend has an SR40C that the trigger mechanism binds up in and doesn't work and also a new Single Ten that the star the hand turns on the back of the cylinder is wearing way to fast on. He has MAYBE 2 bricks of ammo through it and it's already looking rounded on the tips an jagged. Where is QC?

Four Fingers of Death
10-01-2011, 09:42 AM
I don't own one, but thety used to sell for approximately $AU2200 and there is a new ad saying they are expecting 30/30s and 45/70 and that they will be on sale for $AU1460. They expect supply to be intermittent though. The 45/70 and the 30/30 are the only large framed BFRs that have been imported as far as I am aware. The 30/30 is the most popular here because it doesn't need a special permit.

bcp477
10-01-2011, 12:57 PM
I am genuinely sorry about your issues with this gun. I hope that they will yet be resolved, to your satisfaction.

I cannot help but add, for the benefit of SOME here, that......gosh, I thought ONLY Taurus had QC issues ??? Not quite so true, after all, is it ? And to think that the one who seems most adamant on this (YOU KNOW who you are)....is the very one (or one of the ones) that strongly recommended this problem gun to the OP !

I guess you don't know everything, after all. What a disappointment.

Seems a good object lesson. One might be wiser to keep one's BS assertions to oneself, lest he look like an ***.

Ed K
10-01-2011, 01:48 PM
I don't own one, but they used to sell for approximately $AU2200 and there is a new ad saying they are expecting 30/30s and 45/70 and that they will be on sale for $AU1460.

Seems dramatic but that is pretty much the shift in AUD/USD the past couple of years. Maybe that explains it.

tek4260
10-01-2011, 01:55 PM
I am genuinely sorry about your issues with this gun. I hope that they will yet be resolved, to your satisfaction.

I cannot help but add, for the benefit of SOME here, that......gosh, I thought ONLY Taurus had QC issues ??? Not quite so true, after all, is it ? And to think that the one who seems most adamant on this (YOU KNOW who you are)....is the very one (or one of the ones) that strongly recommended this problem gun to the OP !

Seems a good object lesson. One might be wiser to keep one's BS assertions to oneself, lest he look like an ***.

I don't think I am the one looking like an ******* here pal...

tek4260
10-01-2011, 01:57 PM
Too bad this board auto edits profanity.

Whitworth
10-01-2011, 02:59 PM

Wow, was that really necessary?

bcp477
10-01-2011, 03:56 PM
No, not necessary. And I do apologize to those to whom the comment was not directed. But not to the one to whom it was. As I said......a good object lesson. Unfortunately, I seriously doubt that anything will be learned from this experience....by him.

Enough said.

waksupi
10-01-2011, 06:19 PM
As I have said before, sometimes it is instructional to allow a member to show others what he really is.