PDA

View Full Version : Does Anyone Make a Competition Stock for a Mauser M/96?

Spartacus
09-28-2011, 08:27 PM
I'm building a tack driver in 6.5 Swedish using a small ring Mauser action and I see quite a few stocks for the large ring models but nothing pre-made for the 96's.

Does anyone do this? Even if its a custom one-off I would be willing to pay.

Uncle Grinch
09-28-2011, 09:11 PM
Would a thumb-hole stock from Boyd's work?

Gtek
09-29-2011, 12:59 AM
Brownells, Midway, how hard are you willing to throw at one- your call. I will never buy another Ram-Line. Gentleman I know had one on Swede and spilt right down centerline. Bell and carlson makes a nice one in several diff flavors. Over the last several years the Boyd's have taken a bit
more work to fit close and sometimes some areas to much cut out of box. Just my personel experience, but I am talking about 50+ or so stocks over past several years. Gtek

Multigunner
09-29-2011, 03:06 AM
A friend built a .25-06 long range target rifle on a Bell and Carlson stock, using a Whitworth Mauser action he got dirt cheap when the gentleman that ordered it died unexpectedly before he could pick it up. The shop owner sold the action to my friend for 50 bucks.

Anyway the stock he used was a blem, the underside around the magwell hadn't filled out the mold completely, or shrank in curing, not sure which, but it remained fully functional and he built up the sunken in part then painted it. The natural color was mud ugly so it would have been painted regardless.

There are, or were, competition rifles built on the M96 barreled actions. The stock is a traditional heavy target stock designed for the purpose. These have a very large bolt knob IIRC.
Whether one of these stocks could be found is hard to say.

Dutchman
09-29-2011, 03:07 AM
I've done biz with Richard's Microfit only once and it was long ago. No problem. I once w*rked around the corner from their biz.

See the "Marksman" style down the page. It's very similar to the Carl Gustaf m/63 target rifle stock.
http://rifle-stocks.com/target_style%27s.htm

Dutch

Spartacus
09-29-2011, 12:46 PM
Wow. Thanks for the replies guys.

I never realized there were so many options...

Thanks so much.

zomby woof
09-30-2011, 06:02 AM
If you're going with Richards, be patient. My recent purchase took 16 weeks.