PDA

View Full Version : My New(To Me)Mosin Nagant M91/30

no34570
09-28-2011, 07:43 PM
Hi Fellas
Just put a down payment on this Mosin,comes with accessories all for $495. I know you lot over in the US can get them a lot cheaper,we have to pay through the nose and our **** :D

Paying it off,hopefully be finished by mid October(have to watch my dollars,off work sick).

I could not resist the rifle,it is in excellent condition,the store I am getting it from,said it even looks like it might not have even been fired,everything is in excellent condition.
The store I got it from is http://www.lawranceordnance.com/shot_and_shell/rifles_ex_military/index.php

They have them for $375,with out accessories.They are a based in Sydney Australia,I am in Victoria,so it has to be sent to my gundealer to be transferred over to me,so that will be an extra $80,shipping to my gundealer $50,my gundealers fee for transfer $30.

But I cannot wait to get it and try my cast boolits in it. Now I have to find unprimed brass,dies and other goodies for it.:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'm stoked!
What do you all think of it?

Dale

no34570

x101airborne
09-28-2011, 08:18 PM
I say congradulations!!!

I wish I lived in Europe to get a full auto MP-5 for under a grand. We all have to play the hand we are dealt. I just bought one myself, so no experience just yet. Enjoy it and keep us posted.

JeffinNZ
09-28-2011, 09:34 PM
The same rifle is NZD249.00 if you buy from the right place in NZ. That is USD320.00 today.

I order a pair of them a few years back when first they became available but sent my one back at the barrel was in AWFUL condition.

no34570
09-28-2011, 09:39 PM
The same rifle is NZD249.00 if you buy from the right place in NZ. That is USD320.00 today.

I order a pair of them a few years back when first they became available but sent my one back at the barrel was in AWFUL condition.
Dang,what is the NZ and Australian stand on getting a rifle from NZ?
Just curious?

no34570
09-28-2011, 09:40 PM
I say congradulations!!!

I wish I lived in Europe to get a full auto MP-5 for under a grand. We all have to play the hand we are dealt. I just bought one myself, so no experience just yet. Enjoy it and keep us posted.
Thanks mate
I will keep you all posted once I get it and get ammo for it.:)

dualsport
09-28-2011, 09:42 PM
If it looks that good on the inside you have an exceptional MN. They can be very surprising accuracy wise with 2" groups at 100 yds. not unusual as issued. The sights are easier to use than typical Mauser sights too. Lots of info here about cbs in the 7.62x54R. There's also a website dedicated to them, '7.62x54R.net' IIRC. I have a couple, they're cheap here. Have fun with your new baby. Getting set up is a pain, dies, molds, brass, etc., but then you're set and have a great boolit gun.

Buckshot
09-29-2011, 02:19 AM
...............I really canNOT understand why firearms in Australia are so expensive? They had to ride in a container on a ship to get to the U.S., and ditto to Australia. If a surplus M91/30 MN costs that much, how much is a modern new high powered rifle going for?

...............Buckshot

no34570
09-29-2011, 05:01 AM
If it looks that good on the inside you have an exceptional MN. They can be very surprising accuracy wise with 2" groups at 100 yds. not unusual as issued. The sights are easier to use than typical Mauser sights too. Lots of info here about cbs in the 7.62x54R. There's also a website dedicated to them, '7.62x54R.net' IIRC. I have a couple, they're cheap here. Have fun with your new baby. Getting set up is a pain, dies, molds, brass, etc., but then you're set and have a great boolit gun.
dualsport
I have been looking at some of the cast boolit loads on our forum,also been to the 7.62x54R.net,now that is interesting.

Just got to get dies and brass,got plenty of Moulds for it,from .311-.316 in diameter (for my 30/06,.308W and .303 Brits):-)
Not many makers make 7.62x54R brass,got onto some Privi brass,should come next two weeks.;)

no34570
09-29-2011, 05:10 AM
...............I really canNOT understand why firearms in Australia are so expensive? They had to ride in a container on a ship to get to the U.S., and ditto to Australia. If a surplus M91/30 MN costs that much, how much is a modern new high powered rifle going for?

...............Buckshot
Hey Buckshot
I cannot understand it either,it is just greed that makes it higher prices here.
A Howa 1500 rifle will cost you about $690- $850
A Remington Model 700 XCR Synthetic stock. Stainless barrel & action in .300Win Mag $ 1970,so you see,we get ripped off.

Just for a old .303 British, No1 MKIII* you are looking at $500-$600 in good nick[smilie=s: