PDA

View Full Version : yet another disappintment

onceabull
02-03-2007, 02:24 AM
Anyone else here try and fail on e-Bay 110084572137 ?? Is this close to a new record ?? :confused: onceabull :confused:

MtGun44
02-03-2007, 03:09 AM
OK - I'll bite. Are you kidding or is that mold (while in fantastic
shape) even remotely worth the price???

I think I'm confused. I thought that bullet molds were to make
bullets, and since you can get anything you want custom made
for WAY less than the price paid . . . . . . . Must be some other
reason to buy it.

Collectors??? To each his own, but molds are for making bullets
as far as I am concerned. As long as it makes them happy, go
to it. I think I'll sit out this class of mold purchasing.

Bill

Phil
02-03-2007, 07:23 AM
What was it and what did it sell for?

Cheers,

Phil

madcaster
02-03-2007, 08:27 AM
i tried for it,but not seriously.

Bret4207
02-03-2007, 09:10 AM
Was that the $500.00+ Gould HP? Some of the prices are getting crazy. You can still get a bargin, but not on currently produced moulds.

trooperdan
02-03-2007, 10:50 AM
That was an Ideal, marked "40-260" that sold for $330! I didn't see it and would have been out at $50 if I had. Maybe I should see about disposing of my "extras" on eb*y.. does that make me a prostitute for sacrificing my morals for money?

Shepherd2
02-03-2007, 11:26 AM
I've been thinking about putting my extras on eBay too. I might as well cash in. I haven't bought a mould on eBay for a long time. I won't pay new prices for used moulds. A couple moulds that I kept getting outbid on I bought new from Graf's for the same or less money. I was about to order a Lyman 311291 when Chargar started his group buy. Now I'll have it in a 6 cavity.

Tom Myers
02-03-2007, 11:48 AM
Just out of curiosity, a search was ran on the buying history of the winning bidder. It appears that this bidder may either be one serious collector of "antique" mold related material or is a buyer for those that are. During the last 30 days, winning bids have been placed by this bidder on 29 items for a total of close to $5,000.00. It appears that, towards the end of the bidding period, a bid is placed that is high enough to top any other bid that might be entered. In the last month some very nice and unusual Ideal molds have been acquired, ie~ an Ideal 6 cavity 454190 and an Ideal 41 Long Colt conical cavity hollow base, etc.

Tom Myers
Precision Ballistics and Records (http://www.uslink.net/%7Etom1/)

rhead
02-03-2007, 01:59 PM
When I buy a new one I generally get two and list one on e-bay. I make a profit on more than I lose money on. Usually just a dollar or two but it mounts up.

If you need a rental reamer buy a new one and sell it on e-bay. You will probably make a small profit. Almost certain to cost less than the rental cost.

TedH
02-03-2007, 05:03 PM
When I buy a new one I generally get two and list one on e-bay. I make a profit on more than I lose money on. Usually just a dollar or two but it mounts up.

If you need a rental reamer buy a new one and sell it on e-bay. You will probably make a small profit. Almost certain to cost less than the rental cost.

I did that a while back. Bought a new reamer, used it on one rifle, and sold it on ebay for MORE than I paid for it.