PDA

View Full Version : Beretta Tomcat with Lead Boolits

NickSS
02-03-2007, 12:09 AM
I saw this little pistol in the store the other day and could not live without it. I know that the 32 ACP is no wonder cartridge but it is better than nothing when you do not have a coat on to hide a more potent handgun. The cute little gun came home with me and I needed to shoot it. I have a set of dies that say they will load 32ACP, 32 S&W and 32S&W long ammo so I dug them out and found an old bullet mold in my junk draw that casts 77 gr round nosed slugs. I loaded up a box of ammo using 2.2 gr of Red Dot and these bullets. I also found about 15 rounds of FMJ factory Federal ammo and for good luck I bought a 20 rounds of Hydra shoke federal ammo with the pistol. Well off to the range I went and my little Beretta gobled up everything I put in it. I could only fire at 25 yards which is way to far for a little pocket pistol but I did keep all rounds inside the 8 ring of a 25 yard slow fire pistol target. It was obvious to me that my hand loads where considerably more powderful than the factory loads but the Beretta ate them all.

Navahojoe
02-03-2007, 08:31 PM
I have been carrying a TomCat for years as a backup. When I put my clothes on, I put it on, Neat little pistol, and reasonably accurate.
regards,
NavahoJoe