PDA

View Full Version : Range lead score

5.7 MAN
09-27-2011, 02:53 AM
After reading all of the free lead stories on here and being envious, I get to post my own. I got an email from the pistol director of the range I belong to, he said he had a couple of hundred lbs of bullets he had mined of the old pistol range and wanted to give them away. I quickly made arrangemnts to pick them up! Turns out he had 175Lbs.

I had been told by another member that mining was against the rules and I asked him about it, He said to mine all I could take! He even gave me the screen he used to sift the Bullets.:)

zomby woof
09-27-2011, 06:29 AM
The moral of the story - ALWAYS ASK!!!

Nice score, free lead is good lead.

imashooter2
09-27-2011, 06:31 AM
Congratulations on it being your turn!

mac1911
09-29-2011, 08:46 AM
Our club has a "do not mine" regulation. More or less its because the back stop looses its hardpackness when you have several people digging at will. Then theres those people who leave craters and holes and piles of sand all over.
I have permission from the club to collect lead and lightly rake the lower areas of the backstop.
One thing that is frowned on at our club is the lead and brass rats who remove material for pure profit with out anything going back to the club. I have offered up to smelt down the indoor range scrap and resell to members with only thr cost of propane being returned to me. I can do 500+lbs in a day. So far the club has said no

montana_charlie
09-29-2011, 12:43 PM
Nice score, free lead is good lead.
Yeah, well, he's happy now ... but tomorrow he'll be saying, "Awwh! I coulda hadda falcon ... !"

CM

Sonnypie
09-29-2011, 01:44 PM
Yeah, well, he's happy now ... but tomorrow he'll be saying, "Awwh! I coulda hadda falcon ... !"

CM

You watch entirely too much TV! [smilie=l:

a.squibload
10-02-2011, 01:13 AM
The suit of armor was neat-o...

WHITETAIL
10-02-2011, 08:13 AM
I always said tell everyone you
are in the market for lead.
because you never know where
it might turn up.:cast_boolits:

WILCO