PDA

View Full Version : .45 Gould Bullet with a Twist

Beau Cassidy
09-26-2011, 07:57 AM
I was thinking last night about the Gould bullet with a gas check. I think that buy has been done before but I am not sure. Then I got to thinking about the Gould bullet with another lube grove and a gas check. Now we are talking. That should get the weight hopefully up to around 400 Grains. What do you think?

JFE
09-29-2011, 03:30 PM
The Gould bullet has been done with and without GC. It was a Mihec brass mould with Cramer style HP pins.

I had a custom mould made up by CBE like the one you mentioned and its probably the most accurate 45 cal bullet mould I have. Its based on the Gould design but extended to over 400gr. I also had several size HP pins made and one for making solid pills, making it a very versatile mould.

Baron von Trollwhack
09-29-2011, 05:24 PM
If you change the bullet that much, it won't be a "Gould" bullet anymore. It will be a 400 grain modified goobermint type. The Gould bullet was a nominal 340 grains to serve as an express bullet in the 45-90 BPC to get a little extra range and flatter trajectory.

BvT

1Shirt
09-29-2011, 05:29 PM
The original Gould was and is one of those masterpieces of boolits. Why try to improve or fix what works?:coffeecom
1Shirt