PDA

View Full Version : Super bowl

No_1
02-02-2007, 12:11 PM
A man had 50 yard line tickets for the Super Bowl.

As he sits down, a man comes down and asks if anyone is sitting in the seat next to him.

The first man replies: "No, The seat is empty."

"This is incredible," said the second man. "Who in their right mind would have a seat like this for the Super Bowl, the biggest sporting event in the world, and not use it?"

The first man says: "Well, actually, the seat belongs to me. I was supposed to come with my wife, but she passed away. This is the first Super Bowl we haven't been to together since we got married in 1987."

At which point the second man replies: "Oh....I'm sorry to hear that. That's terrible. But couldn't you find someone else, a friend or relative, or even a neighbor to take the seat?"

Shaking his head the first man replies: "No they're all at the funeral."

Gunload Master
02-02-2007, 08:06 PM
Super bowl? I dont' watch much hockey..

redneckdan
02-02-2007, 10:16 PM
i thought the super bowl was golf?

waksupi
02-02-2007, 10:25 PM
If it ain't got four legs, and hair, and isn't being ridden, or shot, I ain't gonna watch.

RayinNH
02-02-2007, 10:40 PM
Come on, look at the name it's bowling...Ray

Phil
02-02-2007, 11:35 PM
Yer all wrong, its a big bowl of chili. Its five degrees f here and a big bowl of chili sounds great to me!

Phil

(:>)

redneckdan
02-03-2007, 12:15 AM
ya big wuss. Its -1 here, -29 wind chill. I'm on my way out the door, camping out tonight.:drinks:

onceabull
02-03-2007, 12:30 AM
+14 d.here and dropping, hoping those two nancies I coon hunt with get here pretty soon...:twisted: Onceabull :twisted:

fatnhappy
02-03-2007, 01:17 AM
Go Sabres!

Scrounger
02-03-2007, 10:12 AM
I haven't watched a Stupor Bowl in 20 years. That record will be extended to 21 this year. I'd rather watch this:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6572941025419743765

floodgate
02-03-2007, 02:22 PM
redneckdan:

Ackshully, I'm not really into golfing. In fact - even thogh I lived for 10 years next-door to a golf field, Ive never owned a golf bat.

floodgate

georgewxxx
02-03-2007, 04:07 PM
Come on you guys, you all know what Football is about. They all line up in a row and someone blows a whistle and all fall on top of each other....Then get up and go to the bank and draw out $10,000,000. for just playing a game a couple times a year

....Geo

TDB9901
02-03-2007, 04:54 PM
SPEAKING OF GOLF...

Think of how many shooting ranges would fit on a golf course...........after that,

I've really always considered them as just a waste of good pasture land........

Lee
02-03-2007, 05:02 PM
Super Bowl?? Me, I'm rootin' fer da' Steelers!!..............Lee:)

MT Gianni
02-03-2007, 06:02 PM
SPEAKING OF GOLF...

Think of how many shooting ranges would fit on a golf course...........after that,

I've really always considered them as just a waste of good pasture land........

It isn't just the pasture it is the added water that gravels me. I admit to hitting a bucket of balls every other year but to see the greenery in the Southwest that is so out of sorts with the rest of the landscape just shines out to me as a waste of water. Gianni.

Phil
02-03-2007, 06:20 PM
Well, I was going to go catch a few rays this afternoon but I can't find my sunblock. Oh well, back to the chili. Its up to 9 degrees now. Darned global warming!

Anyone remember Andy Griffith's description of football?

Cheers,

Phil

waksupi
02-03-2007, 07:02 PM
redneckdan:

Ackshully, I'm not really into golfing. In fact - even thogh I lived for 10 years next-door to a golf field, Ive never owned a golf bat.

floodgate

Them things ain't golf bats. They is golf sticks.

Bret4207
02-04-2007, 10:06 AM
I believe it was none other than Thomas Jefferson who said that "...the ball sports are too violent." He thought walking the woods and fields with a gun (The first Presidential woods loafer?) was much better for young folks. Wise man.

At the risk of receiving a severe thrashing from the fans, I'll say I'd rather watch the Super Bowl than NASCAR. BOOOOORRRRRRRRRIIIIINNNNGGGGG!

357maximum
02-04-2007, 12:16 PM
At the risk of receiving a severe thrashing from the fans, I'll say I'd rather watch the Super Bowl than NASCAR. BOOOOORRRRRRRRRIIIIINNNNGGGGG!

I don't know about a severe thrashing, but I'll throw in a good WHACK
right here.. To each their own, but if you cannot enjoy 43 finely tuned pieces of iron going fast and turning left, you are proably waaaay beyond help...

waksupi
02-04-2007, 01:01 PM
I don't know about a severe thrashing, but I'll throw in a good WHACK
right here.. To each their own, but if you cannot enjoy 43 finely tuned pieces of iron going fast and turning left, you are proably waaaay beyond help...

If they could only turn to the RIGHT!!!

Boz330
02-04-2007, 01:49 PM
It would be a lot more interesting to be driving one of those finely tuned pieces of iron.
I do watch the Super Bowl although most of the time it is boring and one sided. As far as the rest of the football season, they shouldn't have put it during huntin season if they wanted folks to watch.

Scrounger
02-04-2007, 02:44 PM
Jim Rome calls it 'neck car racing, reference to RedNeck, I guess. That and his opinion on mimes are about the only things I agree with him about.

357maximum
02-04-2007, 05:56 PM

They can...It's called a road course.....not nearly as fun as turning left though....but still fun nonetheless....

You do not have to be a redneck to enjoy Nascar, but it helps:-D

SharpsShooter
02-04-2007, 07:42 PM
When the Nascar weenies learn how to drive in the rain, they will be a sporting event. One drop of rain and they run for cover like they would melt or something. Put some rain tires on and keep going. I don't get to skip work cause it sprinkles.

SS

redneckdan
02-04-2007, 07:45 PM
i think it has something to do with suspension geometry

Bret4207
02-04-2007, 09:04 PM
Rain! Heck, lets see 'em run in 10" of snow, uphill, downhill and around corners. Average speed- 28MPH! Thats redneck where I come from.

Jetwrench
02-05-2007, 12:28 AM
I like me some NASCAR. Loyal fan, guilty as charged. My pick is Kasey Kahne #9. Man I cant hardly wait it is almost here. Crawfish, Beer and NASCAR, YEEEEE HAAWWWWW!!!! JETWRENCH

9.3X62AL
02-05-2007, 09:15 AM
Pretty ardent football fan here--primarily college, and the pro game makes autumn Sundays interesting. I do my hunting during the week, when the Angelenos are in their cubicle farms and on their job sites.

dakotashooter2
02-07-2007, 02:37 PM
Them things ain't golf bats. They is golf sticks.

Yer both wrong. It's a golf cue!!!!!

:castmine:

Bigjohn
02-07-2007, 09:17 PM
What's the difference between a bad golfer and a bad skydiver?

A bad golfer goes, "WHACK", Dang!

A bad skydiver goes, Dang, "WHACK!"

John.

waksupi
02-07-2007, 09:49 PM
Naw, a cue is the thing attached to the end of a curly.

Yer both wrong. It's a golf cue!!!!!

:castmine:

rvpilot76
02-07-2007, 11:24 PM

Ummm...ever heard of Watkins Glen International? http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a271/rvpilot76/WatkinsGlenTrackMap.gif
Besides, if all they ever did was go left, they'd be liberals!!!

Buckshot
02-08-2007, 06:37 AM
...............I used to go to the car races years ago. Lord, that was YEARS ago. This was SCCA stuff and one of my buddies had a hot Triumph Spitfire. Now THAT was fun! The Formula V's and Formula Fords too. Cheap enough that a few regular guys could get together and field a racer that was pretty hot. Enough crashes and blown engines to keep the entertainment value up.

Pro Sports? I don't know any of those guys and don't none of'em know me. Won't make much difference to me who wins or loses. Used to have a diesel foreman who'd run a couple football boards (just simple score type things) every week for Monday night football). Sometimes if I was stuck at work I'd watch the game. Since I don't have a favorite team (pretty obvious, huh?) if I'm someplace they're watching a game, I find myself rooting for whoever is behind. That means I usually get to root for both teams.

.................Buckshot

wills
02-08-2007, 10:11 AM
If God intended Man to chase a ball, he would not have given us Dogs.

Scrounger
02-08-2007, 03:39 PM
If God intended Man to chase a ball, he would not have given us Dogs.

That's what Ray says about sheep.

Nueces
02-08-2007, 11:21 PM
Another reason why this board is so comfy. I loved watching my daughters play lacrosse, but couldn't tell you who played in the super bowl, much less who won.

I read some research several years ago that appeared to show a greatly attenuated interest in pro sports among shooters and home machinists. I'm 2 for 2 there. Don't get me started on golf. Before I got manners, my standard answer to a polite question of "Do you play golf?" was "Dumb game - waste of shootin' space." I still have to bite my tongue when that question is asked by someone holding a - wait for it - golf magazine! I mean, if those exist, then someone must publish 'Paint Dry Quarterly.'

Gee, sorry, my first rant. Felt cleansing, though. Thanks for staying with me. :mrgreen:

Mark