PDA

View Full Version : Grandpa's revenge

greg gremlin
09-25-2011, 10:26 PM
Remember the loud toys mom sent to your kids?? Popcorn popper etc. Have a gson
who thinks all animals are 'puppy'. Took wife to Yellowstone PARK, and found a stuffed toy coyote. Press his back and he howls several times. Priority shipped to grandson and waited......Got the call, he wanted puppy to howl 30 times in first 10 minutes. Sweet! greg [smilie=w:

SciFiJim
09-25-2011, 10:42 PM
snerk! I wonder how long it will take for the batteries to disappear.

oneokie
09-25-2011, 10:47 PM
snerk! I wonder how long it will take for the batteries to disappear.

I would imagine gpa already has a plan in place for batteries.:coffee:

badbob454
09-25-2011, 10:49 PM
:dung_hits_fan:or the coyote.

firefly1957
09-25-2011, 10:54 PM
I remember my kids had a toy that would start up in the middle of the night batteries were removed from then on. It was a fire engine and designed to do that by some fool.

plmitch
09-25-2011, 11:36 PM
Every annoying, loud, blinking, hurts to step on toy my youngest grandson has ever received in his short life has made its way to my living room. I send them home with him and they find their way back.

oneokie
09-25-2011, 11:48 PM
Every annoying, loud, blinking, hurts to step on toy my youngest grandson has ever received in his short life has made its way to my living room. I send them home with him and they find their way back.

Boomerang effect?

Beagler
09-25-2011, 11:51 PM
The Father-in-law and I were just at Cabelas with the little cousin and we got him one on those $9.99 loud annoying pop guns just so he could annoy the parents. Paybacks are great sometimes!!:twisted:

plmitch
09-25-2011, 11:53 PM
Boomerang effect?

I'm starting to think so, or my wife is buying toys by the gross.

SciFiJim
09-26-2011, 01:07 AM
or my wife is buying toys by the gross

If my mother and mother-in-law are any example, this is the case. When my kids were little, they always arrived with gifts for the kids in hand.

plmitch
09-26-2011, 01:19 AM
I'm guilty of buying the boy stuff, too much at times, but quite stuff, and things I like to play with.

blackthorn
09-26-2011, 10:39 AM
When my boys were 4 and 2 we went to visit Grandma and Grandpa's farm in Manitoba. They gave the boys an old (but intact) cow bell--- when we left I slipped the bell behind the sofa. Three weeks later Canada Post delivered a package addressed to the boys--- and there was the bell along with a sweet note that said--- "you forgot to take the boy's bell"----

Ajax
09-26-2011, 12:40 PM
lol now thats funny.

Andy

shaggist
09-26-2011, 12:50 PM
I was peeved with my sister once long ago, so I bought each of her children, for Christmas, a four-note, wooden whistle that made a loud noise like a train. It didn't take but about a week for them to disappear, as they didn't use batteries and were impossible to 'break'. Don't mess with an oldster. They have been around too long and know all the tricks.

Chicken Thief
09-26-2011, 01:06 PM
Quote Denis Leary: "Don't buy the toys that makes the noice"!

The sword has two edges, and a Duracell + crazy glue on the battery lid, well........ payback time to the grands!

Hardcast416taylor
09-26-2011, 08:46 PM
Remember the loud toys mom sent to your kids?? Popcorn popper etc. Have a gson
who thinks all animals are 'puppy'. Took wife to Yellowstone PARK, and found a stuffed toy coyote. Press his back and he howls several times. Priority shipped to grandson and waited......Got the call, he wanted puppy to howl 30 times in first 10 minutes. Sweet! greg [smilie=w:

You and I must think alike!Robert

ss40_70
09-26-2011, 09:26 PM
theres a thing to be said for the big giant 1000 piece bucket full of army men for $19,99 .. loud no ... big giant mess yes

OBIII
09-26-2011, 10:37 PM
Two words: Play Dough
Two more words: Finger Paint or Water Colors
Two additional words: Drum Set, Electronic Keyboard

The fun never ends. :2gunsfiring_v1:

greg gremlin
09-27-2011, 12:36 AM
Mom would send crayons faster than I could get rid of them. Her best was a xylaphone, those cylinders would make a racket and I would mutter Irish blessings as I put them back in the rack. Spoiling grandkids, my new hobby. Niece calls me Oh Evil Spoiler Of Other Peoples Children. :twisted: hehe told her I was sending her's crayons and she said I thought you were my friend! best, greg

300winmag
09-27-2011, 08:24 AM
O.K I have to confess I have 5 grandchildren ages 6 to 14. When they visit I buy them the most noisy and obnoxious toys that they want, then they take them home, give it about 2 hours on average I get a call from the kids, DAD YOU DID IT AGAIN!!!
I LMAO :bigsmyl2: and love every minute of it.[smilie=s:

blackthorn
09-27-2011, 11:15 AM
When my grandaughter was 2 I helped my friend remove a honey bee hive from a wall. We kept the honey and I took a chunk of the honey comb about 6" square and dropped it by my boy's house. Shawna was sitting in her highchair and I just dropped the comb on the little table in front of her as I was going out the door. The "what the he!! did you do that for" phone call beat me home. AHHhh revenge is sweet!

mroliver77
09-27-2011, 05:25 PM
My inlaws were good at buying the noisy stuff. Luckily we have a woodstove! Many an irritating toy went into it.;) It always worked to get them to pick up after themselves. They knew the consequences. It sounds mean but they never get too attached to toys as they get so many!
J