PDA

View Full Version : wickliffe

longarm85
09-25-2011, 12:14 PM
can anyone give me or tell me where to find any info on this rifle? it is a wickliffe 76 deluxe. cal is 7mm rem mag. serial # is 15xx. thanks james.

montana_charlie
09-25-2011, 12:20 PM
http://www.google.com/search?q=wickliffe+76+deluxe&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-ContextMenu&ie=&oe=

Four Fingers of Death
09-28-2011, 06:09 PM
Nice looking rifles.

Black Prince
10-02-2011, 07:05 PM
James

I had one in 300 Win. mag. for 20 years. It was number 00500 and they supposedly only made 500 of them chambered in 300 Win. Mag, but as far as I know, there are no existing records of their actual production numbers. The rifles were a combination of actions made by Triple S Development Corp. in Wickliffe, Ohio, barrels made by E.R. Shaw, and stocks by E.C. Bishop & Sons. The rifles were produced in a "standard" and a "delux" version. Towards the end of the production, they were making delux guns with "standard" parts and "standard" guns with delux parts. They have been out of business for about 25 years (maybe longer) as far as I can tell because I was looking for them in the mid 1980's and could not find them.

My rifle was a good shooter, but I had to shorten and polish the firing pin to stop it from piercing the primers. Once I did that, it had no other problems. Best of luck with yours.

Idaho Sharpshooter
10-02-2011, 09:03 PM
Actions were available three or four years ago from Tom Ondrus in Ohio. Sadly, he passed away two years ago. The tooling, etc was sold to someone who has a company called Cumberland Arms or Cumberland something. There was some discussion over on the ASSRA forums last fall and this spring. Some who had contacted him suggested price wise, he believed he was casting them from gold. I bought one with a tang for $400 and am having my gunsmith build a heavy barrel 45-120 from it. We are down to browning the action and barrel and shooting it.

Rich

semtav
10-04-2011, 11:06 PM
Idaho. Let me know how your gun comes out. I purchased one last year in 300 win mag. with the intention of rebarreling it to 45-100 or 40-72. just never got around to it yet. mine didn't have a tang.