PDA

View Full Version : Need Info.

Tennessee Nimrod
02-02-2007, 05:56 AM
Can anyone help me with some info. about a cast bullet ? I am looking for a .451/.452 some where in the 240/260gr. range . Ineed this bullet to be as long as possible and no hollow points or wadcutters please. I am ignorant to the the terms and tech. of the cast market so anyone willing to help me could you please keep this in mind. A picture ( or link to one ) would be helpful. This is my first post and only my 2nd or 3rd time on the page . I could see that there was a wealth of knowledge here , so I thouht it would be a good place to start.

Lloyd Smale
02-02-2007, 06:30 AM
alot of it depends on what your going to use it for. What caliber is the gun? are you hunting or plinking what are you hunting? What kind of velocity are you going to shoot it at.

Bass Ackward
02-02-2007, 08:40 AM
Welcome Tennessee,

I must have married a relative of yours. She was one of the Nebraska Nimrods. :grin:

Yep. Do you need a crimp groove on that or not? We has lots a questions.

gregg
02-02-2007, 10:59 AM
http://www.intlmidway.com/intl/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?SaleItemID=740944

http://www.intlmidway.com/intl/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?SaleItemID=184413

Last
http://www.intlmidway.com/intl/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?SaleItemID=668245

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????
Is this what your looking for

NVcurmudgeon
02-02-2007, 11:12 AM
Tennessee Nimrod, can't help with boolit advise on this one. However, I want to applaud your proper use of the honorable name of Nimrod. Nimrod was a mighty hunter, mighty warrior, and builder of cities, according to the book of Genesis. How his name came to be a synonym for idiot is beyond me.

45 2.1
02-02-2007, 12:06 PM
Tennessee Nimrod, can't help with boolit advise on this one. However, I want to applaud your proper use of the honorable name of Nimrod. Nimrod was a mighty hunter, mighty warrior, and builder of cities, according to the book of Genesis. How his name came to be a synonym for idiot is beyond me.

If you continue with the Genesis history, the appelation becomes quite correct.

wills
02-02-2007, 01:25 PM

That's interesting, I had never heard of Nimrod used as a synonym for idiot.

Tennessee Nimrod
02-03-2007, 06:22 PM
Lloyd: I am going to try and use it for hunting deer, etc. in a 50 caliber Savage smokless muzzleloader. The velocity will vary with the powder I use.

Bass Ackward: The only reason I would need a crimp groove would be to lighten the weight.

Gregg: The first link was the wrong diameter (it's 454). I need 451 ~ 452. The second one is a possibility, but it appears shorter than the third, which is close to what I am looking for. It would be nice if it had a more conical point.

NVcurmudgeon: Thanks for the comment. There aren't too many curmudgeon's around either. :-o

Tennessee Nimrod
02-03-2007, 06:26 PM
NVcurmudgeon: Thanks for the comment. There aren't too many curmudgeon's around either.

trooperdan
02-03-2007, 08:17 PM
NVcurmudgeon: Thanks for the comment. There aren't too many curmudgeon's around either.

That's what you think! We have a bumper crop of curmudgeons here! Heck, I aspire to rise to that level myself, one of these days!

"Hey, you kids get offa my lawn! Where is my air rifle Darned cat in ma flowers again!"