PDA

View Full Version : Beretta 21 22 LR

09-25-2011, 09:09 AM
Anybody have experience with one of these. I bought one yesterday used. It didn't work fail to feed, fail to eject, fail to fire. So I cleaned it completely. Only Fail to fire are with CCI Mini Mags still the first two out of the mag. will hit the nose of the boolit into the top of the chamber. After those two rnds. are gone it works fine.
Thanks

09-25-2011, 09:18 AM
I had one and it functioned flawlessly. Seem to remember polishing the ramp and chamber. Keep it clean and lightly lubed. Hold it firmly while firing so no limp wrist issues appear. Try various ammo makes and go with the best functioning one. Look for any area that would cause a drag in the function. (No burrs on the rail, irregular mag lips, drag points on the slide, etc.) Use Flitz to polish areas that move against each other. You'll love it.

wrench
09-25-2011, 11:19 AM
Look at the angle the rounds are held in the magazine. First two vs. the others.
You may need to tweak the feed lips of the mag to hold the rounds down a bit.
Other 21s are ammo picky. I used to have one that would feed reliably only with Remington Vipers.

fivegunner
09-25-2011, 02:38 PM
I Had one a few years ago, nice little gun , found out it will only work with good ammo ,some of the cheap stuff would make it jam up . I used`s CCI .22`s in it..:Fire:

bobthenailer
09-25-2011, 04:50 PM
I had one that i bought used in as new condtion after 3 years i sold it ! .
The gun is very ammo sensative , failures to feed, no extraction , I bought another new magazine and it worked a little better with that mag , then i noticed that the new magazine follower had a different contour than the orgional so i recontured it to match the new mag., now workes better .
the gun still is not reliable enough to sute me and i would never consider it for carry use even as a back up . if the sights woud have been usefull in actually aiming it something like the sights on the 32 acp pistol instead of pointing and hope for the best i may have kept it for another toy.

rockrat
09-25-2011, 05:35 PM
Mine works best with WW SX or Imperial(long out of production)

09-25-2011, 08:17 PM
I polished the feed ramp with 000 steel-wool and Remington X40 bore cleaner. A little rust came out of the firing pin channel, I think that was the culprit with the misfires. It feeds Remington Yellow Jackets 100% and they don't shoot bad in it. I've ran about 300 rnds through it today and it's starting to feed everything better the more I shoot it. Could be it's me learning how to hold it.
Thanks

9.3X62AL
09-26-2011, 08:05 AM
Or it's finally getting the "shakedown cruise" it needed right from the start. This type of pistol can be carried much and fired little by a lot of their owners. You know......non-cranks, like we are.

NickSS
09-27-2011, 05:54 AM
I had one for several years with good luck. It was ammo sensitive and only worked with good quality HV ammo of 37 to 40 gr weight. I used a lot of federalm winchester and CCI in it. I enentually sold it mostly because it was not potent enough for self defense and not accurate enough for small game so aside from plinking it was a limited use gun.

HeavyMetal
09-27-2011, 09:37 AM
Company owner and GM both bought one in the 90's...talked them out of 25's.

Great little guns didn't like "bulk" ammo worked well with Federal lightning and Stingers's.

Good ammo = never failed to function or fire

09-27-2011, 10:20 AM
It doesn't like Stinger for some reason. I'll run another 200 rnds through it to knock off the rough edges. Then try the Stingers again. At near 6 bucks for 50 I'll break it in with something cheaper.

09-27-2011, 01:05 PM
Just learned how to post pictures. Here's the little Bobcat shows a little wear on the right side front of the slide.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/imagehosting/166694e8201d89e6eb.jpg (http://castboolits.gunloads.com/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=2246)

09-27-2011, 09:53 PM
Went out today an put a couple boxes down range. Working better every trip. Shot bulk Wal-Mart Federal HP. She works good as long as you hold her tight. Even ran the Stingers with no hitch.

HammerMTB
09-27-2011, 10:42 PM
I have one I keep for a deep BUG in an ankle holster. It works OK, but if I hadda count on it for SD, I'd want to be close and empty the mag in the target.
I have more accurate 22's, so I would have to add it does not get much use.

dagger dog
09-28-2011, 05:42 PM
I have one, has never failed to fire, feed, extract or eject, with any ammo, and it doesn't even HAVE and extractor!

Watch about dry firing 'cause it WILL damage the chamber mouth.

You can get aftermarket, and factory magazines from Cheaper than Dirt, the AM's have the little pinkie rest on the bottom of the mag, they make the little Bobcat easier to hold, and they are not bad quality.

Most feed problems are magazine related, feed lips take a beating on these small pistols.

Stingers are usless in the Bobcat, having shot some at 10 feet into a refrigerator door they fail to penetrate. Barrel is so short it can't take advantage of the extra powder charge and lighter hp bullet.

For self defense I like the 40 gr solids, 7 rounds in the right place is better than a club!

Thinking about scoping mine for grounhogs:bigsmyl2: