PDA

View Full Version : Good Gun Show yesterday

cabezaverde
09-25-2011, 08:00 AM
Went to a show yesterday with a buddy. Walked almost the whole thing laughing with him that neither of us was spending much cash.

One of the last tables, I spot a 90% plus Smith Wesson Model 34 22/32 Kit Gun with box and papers, no tools. Gun has a little muzzle bluing wear, no turn ring. $300 later, it is mine.

Took it to the range briefly for a function test, this thing runs like a finely made watch.

Good day! Now I just need to find a holster for it.

Rio Grande
09-25-2011, 08:11 AM
Great deal!
esp. these days, when people ask (and get!) that much for a well-used plain old model 10.
W/O box.
Congratulations.

cabezaverde
09-25-2011, 08:14 AM
I just feel stupid that after he told me the price, I was so shocked I forgot to negotiate. Of course, there were 2 guys standing behind me saying they would take it if I didn't, so I probably would not have gotten to far.

Rio Grande
09-25-2011, 08:17 AM
I just feel stupid that after he told me the price, I was so shocked I forgot to negotiate. Of course, there were 2 guys standing behind me saying they would take it if I didn't, so I probably would not have gotten to far.
Sometimes just paying the asking price is a really good deal. Don't feel bad about that!