PDA

View Full Version : Herters wads?

Harter66
09-23-2011, 09:15 PM
I tried to search but my device seems to have some issues w/the drop down search menu.

On to the question. I've been gifted about 3000 Herters 1/2x1 1/2 oz shaped charge wads. Anyone w/data for Unique,800X or 4756 w/CCI,WW or Herters 209s ? I found some data but it was for a different wad w/a taller base and in the paper based Rem cases w/Rem 57 primers. It has been many years since I had any of those around. I have many low base cases Win,Fed,Rem,Fiocchi ,all are plastic base bases,most carried factory steel loads or the Winchester super speed game loads. I know why so many factories? I bought most of them for about $.50 more sometimes less than I could load them,I can't see spending the time when they're that cheap. The Kents and PMCs use the same BPI components I do,usually.

Harter66
09-26-2011, 04:21 PM
Any suggestions or data at all. I found a 100 or so older hi-brass low base R-P and some paper base Federals.

Newtire
09-29-2011, 10:15 PM
Any suggestions or data at all. I found a 100 or so older hi-brass low base R-P and some paper base Federals.

For the Remingtons, I use the data for Remington plastic hulls that are still being made. Federal paper basewad Federals are still being made and there are lots of them out there. "Top Gun" or Estate hull data will usually work out about right. Loaded many many of those.